Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/08/2019, 07:29 PM   #1
Jason9488
Registered Member

Your recommendations

If you were building a 300 gallon filtration system... what pump, uv, protein skimmer and sump style is your favorite? The tank will be FOWLR.

Thanks.

Jason9488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/08/2019, 10:09 PM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

300 gallon filtration system or 300 gallon total volume system? There is a big difference since things like skimmers and pumps should be sized based on display volume and UV’s should be sized based on total system volume.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/10/2019, 01:40 PM   #3
lpsouth1978
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason9488 View Post
If you were building a 300 gallon filtration system... what pump, uv, protein skimmer and sump style is your favorite? The tank will be FOWLR.

Thanks.
If you are asking about filtration for a 300g system, then I LOVED my RO Regal 300INT skimmer on my 300g tank. As for the sump, I prefer DIY. I used a 90 gallon aquarium with DIY glass baffles for the sump. I don't use UV on any of my tanks. IMO they are a waste of money as they are quite inefficient.

Unread 06/10/2019, 03:32 PM   #4
tom obrecht
Registered Member

Depends on budget. If you want equipment that will last along time and be very dependable...pm Slief. He is Royal Exclusive USA representative and can set you up. Very knowledgeable and responsive individual when needed! I’ve used him a number of times and is very helpful! RE products are not budget type of equipment but is extremely well built and reliable!