Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/14/2018, 08:58 AM   #1
homer1475
Registered Member

3152 questions

Just got this setup a couple weeks ago. Since I keep loosing power lately(winter storms)the unit throws some water into the tank when it powers back on. I understand this is a normal function, even though the nano unit I had on my biocube never did it.

Since this keeps happening lately my salinity has lowered quite low. Is there a way maybe through my apex to stop it? Or perhaps make it put in less water?

I only have an 80G system and even on the nano setting it seems to put in quite a bit of water.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/14/2018, 02:59 PM   #2
homer1475
Registered Member

I just checked only because I was curious as to how much water it was putting into my tank every time it resets. 316ml is put into my tank on every startup. This is a huge issue in such a small water volume.

Like I said, I realize it primes the pump on startup(small amount of water), but I would think the amount I'm getting is excessive?

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/15/2018, 08:58 AM   #3
rvitko
RC Sponsor

That sounds about right depending on head pressure, you could reduce it by pumping to the main tank instead of the sump but typically about 1 cup for nano speed and 1 pint for medium speed. You could also add a drip irrigation valve to the hose end to further restrict the flow. Such frequent power failures are outside the operating conditions we designed around. If this is a common issue, the Osmolator does not use much power and a very small UPS could also prevent this.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote