Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Long Island Reef Association (LIRA)
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 12/03/2019, 09:27 AM   #1
DgenR8
I'm an American
and I remember

Time for me to sell my tank

I have really let my tank go. I still have a few mushrooms, polyps and maybe some blue ridge. Its all kinda hard to see, as the rock is covered in Aiptasia.
As I see it, the rock has to be dried out and re-cured. Has to be at least 150lbs, if you take it all, $.50/lb
Once the rock comes out, I have
yellow Tang $20

Atlantic blue Tang This fish is prettier than a purple, and has less attitude. I've had him for years and is really the only reason I kept the tank up this long. I have to get $75 for this fish, and he has to go into a tank no smaller than 6'

pair of clowns, they are some designer type, but I don't remember name. I have seen eggs, but not recently. Could be all the algae on the glass. $30 for the pair.

Red Coris Wrasse $30

Tank is a reef ready Perfecto 220.gets salt creep on the right side front, as water manages to sneak under that plastic trim and run down the outside. Problem is most evident after having hands in the tank and causing waves. If the water doesn't get as high as the top of the glass, it doesn't make it over.
$300, but the fish have to go first.

I'm doing this because I have a steam pipe repair to do, right under the tank.
For now, I'm keeping my sump, fuge and other equipment. I am not sure that I'm out. Once all that Aiptasia is gone, I may want a new tank.
If enough time goes by without the bug biting me again, I'll put the rest up for sale.

Dunder Mifflin

Current Tank Info: Unknown slow drip, over 20 years damaged my house and heating system. No more tank.
Unread 12/03/2019, 01:19 PM   #2
fio1022
Registered Member

Tried to send PM,mailbox full

Current Tank Info: 240g,64g acrylic sump/fuge.
Unread 12/03/2019, 01:20 PM   #3
DgenR8
I'm an American
and I remember

I’ll make room

Dunder Mifflin

Current Tank Info: Unknown slow drip, over 20 years damaged my house and heating system. No more tank.
Unread 12/03/2019, 08:41 PM   #4
quagmire
Registered Member

Larry can you post a picture of the clowns?

Unread 12/04/2019, 01:58 AM   #5
DgenR8
I'm an American
and I remember

Clowns and Wrasse are spoken for.

Dunder Mifflin

Unread 12/07/2019, 06:47 AM   #6
DgenR8
I'm an American
and I remember

Looks like it's all going to a better home than I was able to offer, an 8' tank. I feel very lucky to have found one buyer for fish and rock.
That said, the tank should be empty next weekend, I would love to find that person with 220 gallon dreams.
This tank used to belong to Tony (Acropora). I bought it from him when he got that monster (600 gallons?) tank of his.
I'd still like to get $300 for it, but the sooner you speak up, the more flexible I am. I need the tank gone so I can tear up the floor. I'm operating under the delusion that I can get the tank out, the steam problems fixed, and the floor and sheetrock replaced before Christmas.

Dunder Mifflin

Unread 12/12/2019, 04:49 PM   #7
DgenR8
I'm an American
and I remember

Tank is still available.

Dunder Mifflin

Unread 12/21/2019, 08:27 AM   #8
DgenR8
I'm an American
and I remember

Price on the tank too high? Would anyone be interested at $200?

Dunder Mifflin

Unread 12/21/2019, 04:56 PM   #9
DgenR8
I'm an American
and I remember

Sold

Dunder Mifflin

Closed Thread