Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08/07/2017, 06:03 AM   #76
Ricardo18
Registered Member

Well, I have my 5 Streams running now.2 horizontal and 3 vertical, all in different modes.Combined, thy are quieter than one of my old MP60's.
I am really pleased with my decision .

Current Tank Info: 500 gallon display,650 system Lifereef Skimmer Ozone UV Apex Radion Genesis
Ricardo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2017, 06:25 AM   #77
wcharon
Registered Member

Can you post pics to see how they look in the tank?

Thanks in advance.

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
wcharon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2017, 07:04 AM   #78
Ricardo18
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcharon View Post
Can you post pics to see how they look in the tank?

Thanks in advance.
I will once I can get my Flikr account to work. (no more photobucket)

Current Tank Info: 500 gallon display,650 system Lifereef Skimmer Ozone UV Apex Radion Genesis
Ricardo18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2017, 07:13 AM   #79
wcharon
Registered Member

Ok. Thanks....

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
wcharon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/07/2017, 10:45 PM   #80
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Thank you!

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/08/2017, 12:28 PM   #81
Nanook
Ancient Eskimo Legend

I've got two new in box just waiting for my 470g tank to get salty again! Can't wait to see them in action.

Current Tank Info: 375g & 470g to be determined
Nanook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2017, 07:29 PM   #82
beertech
Registered Member

Stream 3 noisy??

I just bought a stream 3, and because I work at the store where I bought it I did a trial run in their coral bed. I was impressed with the power and the fact it ran completely silent.
Brought it home, and installed in my 4 foot 120. Tried it mounted horizontally across the back wall and also vertically with the deflector attached. In both positions I can definitely hear the pump running. It's kind of a grinding or vibration type of noise. The main reason I bought this pump us because it's supposed to be totally silent due to the motor design and floating magnet mounts.
I'm wondering if you have any suggestions?
I'm hesitant to tear it apart.
Thanks,. Gord

beertech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/14/2017, 09:09 AM   #83
rvitko
RC Sponsor

It would be most likely that the cause is either the prop is not seated, you have to push very hard to seat it, you are fighting a very strong magnetic field and when seated none of the magnet is above the hole. Either that or some sand got in, I would pull the drive unit and check and then reassemble, just keep in mind the magnet field is very strong so you will push quite hard and then it will thunk and lock in.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Old 08/14/2017, 11:44 AM   #84
beertech
Registered Member

I think it's probably sand, I remember now that it caused a bit of a sand storm in the shop's tank. I guess some fine particles could have gotten in. I'll give it a clean tonight. The other thing I was going to try is something that you mentioned in a different thread. My glass is only 3/8, so I can insert a piece of acrylic between the magnets to see if that helps.
Thanks for the reply, and I'm loving this pump so far!

Old 08/14/2017, 11:49 AM   #85
rvitko
RC Sponsor

3/8" should be fine. Be careful with sand in the pump, the bearing at the bottom can be damaged and will result in an error shut down, it is a cheap piece to replace but if bad the pump won't run.

Old 08/14/2017, 01:02 PM   #86
beertech
Registered Member

Ok, thanks!
Do you think it would be a good idea to order a replacement bearing now, just in case it's needed in the future? Is it something that might wear out with time?

Old 08/14/2017, 01:34 PM   #87
rvitko
RC Sponsor

In my experience it is the only thing that can cause a pump to stop, but unless you run the pump dry or sand gets in, they should last almost forever. If they are damaged you can almost see through the recess the ball rests in, it will be thinned and translucent, it can also melt around the edges of where the ball sits. I lost one to sand, I have had a customer lose one to a dry test run, they are cheap, like $4, so it wouldn't be a bad thing to have a spare of but you may never need it.