Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/26/2017, 05:26 AM   #1
chema
Registered Member

Number of Mitras for a 125 gallons SPS tank

Hi all: I'm almost decided to replace my DIY LED fixture for some Mitras LX 7200, but I'm still trying to decide the number of fixtures to install.

My tank is 60 x 24 x 26 inches (150 x 60 x 65 cm ) and is crowded with SPS, most of them Acropora and Stylophora. I guess 3 Mitras would be the right number but I would like to hear some opinions on this.

Thank you

chema is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/26/2017, 06:08 AM   #2
Schwensen
Registered Member

I had two mitras on my 140 cm x 65 cm (deep) x 60 cm(High) tank, and I had plenty of light. In my opinion you should only add one more to give more light from different angles. This for minimize shadingissues. Not because of lack in PAR/light!

Schwensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2017, 01:20 AM   #3
chema
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwensen View Post
I had two mitras on my 140 cm x 65 cm (deep) x 60 cm(High) tank, and I had plenty of light. In my opinion you should only add one more to give more light from different angles. This for minimize shadingissues. Not because of lack in PAR/light!
Thanks for your comment. You say you had, did you replace them because of some problems? Also, were they oriented along or perpendicular to the main axis of the tank?

Unread 07/27/2017, 04:43 AM   #4
Schwensen
Registered Member

My tank was sold you can see photos here:
http://www.saltvandsforum.dk/viewtopic.php?t=53130

Schwensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/27/2017, 07:12 AM   #5
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

I have 2x 7200's over my RSR 450 59" wide, 20" deep, 22" tall. Works well for me, if you're a SPS dominant tank, you may want to go 3 of them, will allow you to run at less than full power if desired.

This picture was when we had the 6200's over the tank, since upgraded to 7200's.

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/28/2017, 01:31 AM   #6
chema
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwensen View Post
My tank was sold you can see photos here:
http://www.saltvandsforum.dk/viewtopic.php?t=53130
I'm sorry. Hope you may start a new project soon.

Unread 07/28/2017, 01:34 AM   #7
chema
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefClownMIA View Post
I have 2x 7200's over my RSR 450 59" wide, 20" deep, 22" tall. Works well for me, if you're a SPS dominant tank, you may want to go 3 of them, will allow you to run at less than full power if desired.

This picture was when we had the 6200's over the tank, since upgraded to 7200's.
Nice tank! and very stylist.

I like the mounts for the two fixtures. Unfortunately I can not go that way in my tank. I have to find some rail-based system where I can attach the Mitras fixtures and hang the whole thing from the ceiling. I like the RMS system Ecotech has designed for the Radions and I wonder whether it could be adapted for the Mitras, although these are heavier.