Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Zoanthids
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/14/2017, 09:20 PM   #1
newsalt
Registered Member

Want a Zoa Tank

I'm wanting to start a zoa tank in my 180g. I've made many trys at it, but every time I zoa frag, within a week the frag withers away and dies. Aside from the usual ammonia, nitrate, nitrite parameters, are there any other specific parameters I need to keep in check? The tank is a 180g with Aqua Illumination Sol Blue LED lighting. Two MP40s for flow. Fish are a pair of clowns, hippo tang, kole tang, wrasse, and magestic angel.

Any advice would be appreciated.

newsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/15/2017, 08:10 PM   #2
mike61289
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsalt View Post
I'm wanting to start a zoa tank in my 180g. I've made many trys at it, but every time I zoa frag, within a week the frag withers away and dies. Aside from the usual ammonia, nitrate, nitrite parameters, are there any other specific parameters I need to keep in check? The tank is a 180g with Aqua Illumination Sol Blue LED lighting. Two MP40s for flow. Fish are a pair of clowns, hippo tang, kole tang, wrasse, and magestic angel.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Are you sure the majestic angel isn't nibbling on them? They're known to feed on zoas.

Besides that, what are your steps for fragging? Telling us how you do it might help us see if it's all being done correctly.

Unread 08/16/2017, 09:34 AM   #3
Bulldog88
Registered Member

[QUOTE=mike61289;25181854]Are you sure the majestic angel isn't nibbling on them? They're known to feed on zoas.

Agree

Bulldog88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2017, 01:02 PM   #4
newsalt
Registered Member

Majestic Angel could be the culprit. I Haven't started making the tank into a zoa tank. It's something I want to do, but since the zoas keep dying I wanted to know if there are any specific water parameters I need to keep in check an if my Aqua Illumination Sol Blue LED lighting is good for keeping zoas.

newsalt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/22/2017, 10:45 AM   #5
Pandagobyguy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by newsalt View Post
Majestic Angel could be the culprit. I Haven't started making the tank into a zoa tank. It's something I want to do, but since the zoas keep dying I wanted to know if there are any specific water parameters I need to keep in check an if my Aqua Illumination Sol Blue LED lighting is good for keeping zoas.
Zoas really dont care... mine dont do well in like sps type flow but everything else they are fine. I would watch the tank for a while to see if its getting eaten

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Pandagobyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/22/2017, 10:45 AM   #6
Pandagobyguy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandagobyguy View Post
Zoas really dont care... mine dont do well in like sps type flow but everything else they are fine. I would watch the tank for a while to see if its getting eaten

I meant strong water flow in case that wasnt clear

Pandagobyguy is offline   Reply With Quote