Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Southwest Tank And Reef Society (STARS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/03/2010, 07:19 AM   #1
nmnative
Registered Member

May Meeting

Here it is May already, so let's start talking about a meeting for this month. If anyone would like to host, please say so. Either the weekend of May 22nd or May 29th would be a good, I think. Sundays seem to work best for most. Would anyone like to do a demonstration?

nmnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/03/2010, 08:53 AM   #2
psuedopimp
Registered Member

those are saturdays dates. sundays work best for me later in the afternoon 2-3ish. the 16th or 23rd might work for me. the 29th is memorial weekend so that may be a busy weekend for most.

Unread 05/03/2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Jay508
STARS Vice President

I would like to attend before I leave, but it would need to be on saturday May 22nd. I to like sunday meetings and think we should stick to them. May 22nd may not work for most but if it does that would be cool. Anyone want to host?

Current Tank Info: One great big empty tank sitting in a room, one smaller tank (with water) in the corner of a room........
Jay508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/03/2010, 08:24 PM   #4
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Have to agree with Justin about the holiday weekend not being a good one only because most will have plans. I do think Sundays usually work best for the majority to attend. I know for myself it is not easy to take Saturday off. But I am game for what ever works for the majority.

strayvoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/03/2010, 08:32 PM   #5
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Yeah, Sundays are best. I think we really need to consider just picking one sunday a month and making it dedicated meeting day. That way it is easiest for everyone to plan and not a bunch of time wasted deciding what day to have a meeting. Just will need to work on a location. I think we should start a signup sheet to have at the meetings so anyone interested can pick a month to host. If there is no one interested in a particular month we can talk to Daniel about using The Coral Reef.

With that stated is there anyone willing to host for this month?

Current Tank Info: One great big empty tank sitting in a room, one smaller tank (with water) in the corner of a room........
Unread 05/03/2010, 08:34 PM   #6
Jay508
STARS Vice President

If it can't be saturday the 22nd, for this month, than I think it should be on Sunday the 23rd. Sounds like that is going to be the best date for everyone this month. Unfortunately I will not be able to attend.

Unread 05/03/2010, 10:05 PM   #7
deehz
Registered Member

Just an idea but this is what the club officers did back home.

1). The officers would take their turn in hosting the club. Since there were 5 officers, they each took turns to host the meetings for the month.
2). They would go down in rank per say as to who hosts first, second and so on. President first (January), then VP, Treasurer, and so on. One year, they drew random numbers to see who hosts the first meeting in January.
3) The remainder of the months, 7, they would choose a coffee house, another club members home (if they volunteered), a restaurant, park, and so on. These places would be decided a month in advance during the meeting.
4) For the month of December. They would either hold the meeting at the very beginning of the month or not have it at all since of course, it is the most wonderful time of the yeeeaaaar!

I don't know if the vast majority of the officers for STARS are in Cruces. Maybe it should be spread evenly to where one month it is here in Cruces and the following month to be in EP. Say, maybe at the LFS stores for the first 2 meetings in EP?

Again, these are ideas that I am just throwing out there.

Thanks!

There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed. ~Mohandas K. Gandhi
deehz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/03/2010, 10:26 PM   #8
Jay508
STARS Vice President

I would like to see alternating locations for the meetings. So that a majority of them are not held in El Paso, or Las Cruces. Heck I think we need to have a hootenanny at Strayvoltage's place in Deming. His solar powered 300 gal is pretty sweet.

Unread 05/03/2010, 10:38 PM   #9
deehz
Registered Member

I am always down for a hootenanny!

There is a sufficiency in the world for man's need but not for man's greed. ~Mohandas K. Gandhi
Unread 05/04/2010, 07:17 AM   #10
psuedopimp
Registered Member

let me talk to my day planner. and see if i could host. i know the 23 is the best for me, but the 22 may work if it could be later 4-5ish in the afternoon. im not sure if the club is ready for two consecutive meetings in the Alameda District.

Unread 05/05/2010, 08:08 AM   #11
psuedopimp
Registered Member

i better let someone else host. this month is too full for my house.

Unread 05/05/2010, 08:25 AM   #12
Jay508
STARS Vice President

No worries, thanks for asking though.

Any others interested?

Unread 05/05/2010, 10:59 AM   #13
deehz
Registered Member

Its not for sure, but let me speak with the Boss and see if we can have it at my house. I know that my family is in the ending stages of the school year/semester--my boys, herself, and me. I know she mentioned she would like to host one. I will let you know by tonight or tomorrow what her thoughts are.

Thanks!

Unread 05/05/2010, 11:07 AM   #14
nmnative
Registered Member

If Saturday evening is an option on the 22nd, we could always meet up at Village Inn. Green bottle frags would not be allowed though...

Unread 05/05/2010, 11:54 AM   #15
psuedopimp
Registered Member

you just need the correct "frag" container

Unread 05/05/2010, 01:18 PM   #16
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Quote:
Originally Posted by psuedopimp View Post
you just need the correct "frag" container
I love the way you think...

Unread 05/05/2010, 02:34 PM   #17
puffin04
S.T.A.R.S VICE P

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnative View Post
If Saturday evening is an option on the 22nd, we could always meet up at Village Inn. Green bottle frags would not be allowed though...
VI? Man you have terrible taste!!! Wow....

Steffen Sparks

puffin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2010, 04:25 PM   #18
nmnative
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffin04 View Post
VI? Man you have terrible taste!!! Wow....

Steffen Sparks
Suggest another place that we can sit around and not get kicked out. Yes the food is terrible, but where else would be able to talk and drink out of our boot flasks indescriminatly (aka indiscriminately) other than someone's house????

Unread 05/05/2010, 04:47 PM   #19
SOULEMAN
Registered Member

Hooters, u can sit and sip on a green frag and not be bothered.

SOULEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2010, 07:27 PM   #20
puffin04
S.T.A.R.S VICE P

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOULEMAN View Post
Hooters, u can sit and sip on a green frag and not be bothered.
Agreed!!!!!!

Unread 05/05/2010, 08:34 PM   #21
nmnative
Registered Member

True, the service sucks there!

Unread 05/05/2010, 09:25 PM   #22
puffin04
S.T.A.R.S VICE P

Service is great there last time i checked!!! We can do Red Lobster or The Mix!

Steffen Sparks

Unread 05/05/2010, 09:57 PM   #23
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Steffen is treating all that attend the meeting to Red Lobster. I mean after all he does have all them sugar mommas, so he can afford it no problem. I would have to agree with Audrey the service at Hooters, leaves a lot to be desired, at least it has every time I have gone.

strayvoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2010, 11:18 PM   #24
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Really? Are we discussing the service at hooters?

Sometimes I wonder what planet my friends come from...

Unread 05/06/2010, 06:44 AM   #25
nmnative
Registered Member

Mars and Venus, haven't you read the book? Deez, did you still want to host at your house? If not, we need to make a decision on a fine eating establishment, date and time soon.