Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/21/2014, 04:15 PM   #201
reeflover62
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EuroGTI View Post
Looking good! I'll take one of those pearlberry frags!!
Can't wait till coralcon! My tank is finally taking off. I ditched zeovit and went back to t5s. Sometimes it's better to stick to what you know
It is going to be fun times for sure Alex See you next month.

reeflover62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/21/2014, 04:28 PM   #202
reeflover62
Registered Member

Thank You ! Most are in my 90 gallon sump under a hydra 26 except for the OT and most of the pearlberry frags. I do have some pearlberry in the sump with a different color but from the same mother colony in display. Here is my mini pearlberry colony in the sump.I am very happy with the colors i am getting with this ai hydra 26

Unread 09/22/2014, 11:32 AM   #203
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

Amazing results! Just decided to revisit this thread and I have to say it was a treat! If I were in the USA I would have snapped up a few of those torts! They look lovely!

You should use some of the funds earned from the frags to buy a DSLR. Seriously, you are not showing the full potential of your corals to us.

May have missed it in the thread, but can you provide details of:

1. Are you using GAC or GFO?
2. What foods do you feed the fishes/corals and how often?

Many thanks, and keep the thread updated.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2014, 01:43 PM   #204
reeflover62
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
Amazing results! Just decided to revisit this thread and I have to say it was a treat! If I were in the USA I would have snapped up a few of those torts! They look lovely!

You should use some of the funds earned from the frags to buy a DSLR. Seriously, you are not showing the full potential of your corals to us.

May have missed it in the thread, but can you provide details of:

1. Are you using GAC or GFO?
2. What foods do you feed the fishes/corals and how often?

Many thanks, and keep the thread updated.
Thank You for Visiting Salin ! Haven't ran any GFO ever and no GAC in over 5yrs. I have like 14 fish I think and feed them a lot before work when I get home then a few times before the leds go off at 10:30. I feed flake pellets frozen foods and I really think my fish like this LRS reef frenzy food.
It is a frozen food that is very clean but then again my fish act like I never feed them. On the DSLR I will leave that to the photo pros for now I have looked into them.

Unread 09/22/2014, 01:51 PM   #205
reeflover62
Registered Member

Here are a few corals that are going to be beauties. The two behind the tort fragsThe pinkish one is the PC Rainbow and the blue and white is a wild loripes last is this wild coral over 7yrs old and just starting to grow is my favorite.

Unread 09/22/2014, 02:39 PM   #206
sahin
Ultimate Reefer

That looks awesome, love the blue and white combo.

With regards to the GAC and GFO, that is kinda surprising; you must do high % water changes per week then? With so much food going into the tank, skimming can only remove so much, so where is it going? And why are your corals so colourful? Those blue tones are so intense! What contributes so much to your success? - Please discuss this for all our benefit. Many thanks.

sahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2014, 03:09 PM   #207
reeflover62
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sahin View Post
That looks awesome, love the blue and white combo.

With regards to the GAC and GFO, that is kinda surprising; you must do high % water changes per week then? With so much food going into the tank, skimming can only remove so much, so where is it going? And why are your corals so colourful? Those blue tones are so intense! What contributes so much to your success? - Please discuss this for all our benefit. Many thanks.
I change 6 gallons a week and the intense blue is mostly from this 10k 400watt reeflux lamp that brings the blues out more than any lamp . Look up DaddyJax here seeing his blues made me try this lamp. We will see how things look in the near future sense I changed to a smaller tunze 9006 DOC skimmer. My total water volume is only 90 gallons now and this skimmer is rated for a 155 and the old warner marine k2 was for 300 gallons

Unread 10/13/2014, 01:52 PM   #208
reeflover62
Registered Member

Ready for CoralconIt only took 6 months but I just received my circle racks from CC. I will use the old circle for future frag swapsTried sanding and buffing out tank but haze still comes back I think I will have a decal rap around the tank of reef blue ocean water with Conch reef letters cut out so light will shine out of letters. Or my other thought is making an zero edge tank out of it for top down only.

Unread 10/13/2014, 02:01 PM   #209
reeflover62
Registered Member

I decided to remove my pink lemonade and put my wild aussi echinatta in its spot I also had to remove my rouge millepora and had to remount it because the creeping death coral was eating it.

Unread 10/13/2014, 02:05 PM   #210
reeflover62
Registered Member

Unread 10/13/2014, 05:11 PM   #211
reefmutt
Registered Member

Your corals continue to amaze me!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/13/2014, 06:48 PM   #212
reeflover62
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Your corals continue to amaze me!
Thank you Matt , They would look a lot nicer if I got some photo lessons and a DLSR but I would rather buy new equipment.

Unread 10/14/2014, 06:52 AM   #213
markalot

What an awesome tank, thanks for sharing. The blue colors are absolutely amazing!

So water changes and skimming are your only means of export? I need to up my water changes.

Unread 10/14/2014, 08:06 AM   #214
reeflover62
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markalot View Post
What an awesome tank, thanks for sharing. The blue colors are absolutely amazing!

So water changes and skimming are your only means of export? I need to up my water changes.
Mark I do have a nice pile of chaeto and some other macroalgaes in my sump. I also have some of these orange tip clove polyps that grow out of control that I have to pull often. They're nice looking and easy to remove with forceps then can easily be glued to plugs The rest go down the toilet

Unread 10/14/2014, 09:17 AM   #215
markalot

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeflover62 View Post
Mark I do have a nice pile of chaeto and some other macroalgaes in my sump. I also have some of these orange tip clove polyps that grow out of control that I have to pull often. They're nice looking and easy to remove with forceps then can easily be glued to plugs The rest go down the toilet
Ah, thanks for letting me know. I have some of those orange tip cloves in my smaller tank that are refusing to grow. Hrmph.

Unread 10/27/2014, 11:59 AM   #216
reeflover62
Registered Member

Just got home from Coralcon in Orlando and came back with some awesome new corals and a new custom Bashsea frag tank. I sold out my corals and had a great time meeting all the nice people, it was a good thing I drove my van.

Unread 10/27/2014, 12:04 PM   #217
reeflover62
Registered Member

This girl won it in the raffle it was the grand prize. I got it from here for $800.00 It's 36x24x12 44 gallons Reeftorch led lights. It wouldn't fit in her car

Unread 10/27/2014, 01:14 PM   #218
reefmutt
Registered Member

Nice score!
Why are the panes so thick on such a small water volume?

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/27/2014, 01:40 PM   #219
reeflover62
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Nice score!
Why are the panes so thick on such a small water volume?
I don't know , but that's what I love about it. The cant use mps on it but if i hang an overflow box on I can attach tunze pumps on the inside of the box.

Unread 10/30/2014, 05:30 AM   #220
glaukos
Registered Member

Love your thread reeflover buddy!
So many things to see and learn!You have some amazing corals in there!
Love the pink lemonade

Can't wait to see the new tank up and running

Unread 10/30/2014, 05:48 AM   #221
jackson6745
Yeah Yeah

That frag tank looks like it's bulletproof…. literally I like it!
I love your cylinder. It has a truly unique look. There are a few tanks that burned an image in my mind over the years, and this will be added to the list. The openness has inspired me to remove some corals, which seems to be very difficult lol
I have a reeflux 12k halide but the spectrum doesn't make the blues pop in my tank. I'm not sure if it's the bulb or lumatek ballast, but the spectrum isn't how I remembered. Maybe I'll try a 10k reflux

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2357196"]http://www.reefcentralcom/forums/showthread.php?t=2357196
Officially Done Shipping
jackson6745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/30/2014, 02:49 PM   #222
reeflover62
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by glaukos View Post
Love your thread reeflover buddy!
So many things to see and learn!You have some amazing corals in there!
Love the pink lemonade

Can't wait to see the new tank up and running
Thanks Mike ! I cut the pink lemonade out and lives on the sea floor now. And I did get a few new sps at coralcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackson6745 View Post
That frag tank looks like it's bulletproof…. literally I like it!
I love your cylinder. It has a truly unique look. There are a few tanks that burned an image in my mind over the years, and this will be added to the list. The openness has inspired me to remove some corals, which seems to be very difficult lol
I have a reeflux 12k halide but the spectrum doesn't make the blues pop in my tank. I'm not sure if it's the bulb or lumatek ballast, but the spectrum isn't how I remembered. Maybe I'll try a 10k reflux
Yeah Yeah Thanks Richard! I will use this new frag tank for Reef Palooza Orlando 2015man I love this tank.The best thing about the circle is the flow is awesome. I am also going to try a icecap 400 watt ballast soon for my 10k reeflux.

Unread 10/30/2014, 02:56 PM   #223
reeflover62
Registered Member

Now that all the racks are out the tank is looking great.

Unread 10/30/2014, 03:23 PM   #224
reeflover62
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfourn View Post
Great tank..... Does the tang
swim in a circle?
Very rare but sometimes he just halls butt round and round for a while . And always clockwise

Unread 10/30/2014, 07:57 PM   #225
Tweaked
FUP&A Member

Sickest frag tank ever.