Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/19/2019, 06:05 PM   #4076
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Hey Folks, just checking in here and thought I would address some things said.

First of all, thank you for all the kind words! We do work hard to assist any way we can and do our best to do it in a timely fashion, if feels good to have it recognized

Blackizzz - Happy to assist get your fixture on your home network. It does however require some reasonable networking experience (eg, being able to determine the IP of a device recently added to your network). If you have experience in Linux it should be a breeze.

Back door access is not a big deal for your fixture and I am happy to help. You can easily change the SSID for example. However too much tinkering may result in requiring a factory reset.

You can remove the stickers on the ends of ATI fixtures, the warning sticker is removable and the fixtures will look better without them - Looking at you BeanMachine!

Regarding comments of BRS not offering warranty support,, I have never heard of this being the case nor have users when it is within our stated warranty on bulbs which is handled by the dealer: 30 day failure to fire. In fact I have only heard of BRS going above and beyond when it comes to handling bulb issues.

Current Tank Info: 175g mixed powered by an ATI LED Powermodule
Keith@ ATI NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/19/2019, 06:11 PM   #4077
Kengar
Registered Member

Is there any sort of "shelf life" for the T5's? I got my fixtures and bulbs at the end of 2015, I believe, and this build has taken waaaaaaaaaay too long...... as a result, other than some 100% burn-in I did when I got the bulbs, the units have been unlit. (I am planning to run 100% again to make sure they're burned in before mounting/hanging.)

Thanks

Unread 02/19/2019, 07:18 PM   #4078
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kengar View Post
Is there any sort of "shelf life" for the T5's? I got my fixtures and bulbs at the end of 2015, I believe, and this build has taken waaaaaaaaaay too long...... as a result, other than some 100% burn-in I did when I got the bulbs, the units have been unlit. (I am planning to run 100% again to make sure they're burned in before mounting/hanging.)

Thanks
I am not aware of this causing any problems. If it was riding in a truck for 4 years that might be one thing, but sitting on shelf should be no problem as far as I am aware.

Unread 02/20/2019, 03:40 PM   #4079
GQuinn
Registered Member

I updated my software on my WiFi Powermodule over the weekend. Today I came home to a dark tank. As soon as I connect to the fixture it lights up. It must still have a time issue. The software version is 1.0.14 (2018-07-15. Is this the latest?

GQuinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/20/2019, 03:51 PM   #4080
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQuinn View Post
I updated my software on my WiFi Powermodule over the weekend. Today I came home to a dark tank. As soon as I connect to the fixture it lights up. It must still have a time issue. The software version is 1.0.14 (2018-07-15. Is this the latest?
The latest firmware (1.0.16) can be found here:
https://www.atinorthamerica.com/wifi...rmware-update/

I would like to note this is not an ideal fix, but is helpful. It records the time every 5 minutes and will start at the most recent time if there is a power interruption. Hence if you have a brief power outage you will only lose a few minutes, if it is long the power will pick up where it was when it went out.

Unread 02/20/2019, 03:56 PM   #4081
GQuinn
Registered Member

Thanks for the info. Some users have synced the Powermodule to their router. How hard is it to sync this to the router for time management

Unread 02/20/2019, 05:42 PM   #4082
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GQuinn View Post
Thanks for the info. Some users have synced the Powermodule to their router. How hard is it to sync this to the router for time management
The difficulty is entirely based on your networking experience, experience with Linux and your level of understanding of German (or the use of google translate ).

The instructions are still in German, however with the web tools and some basic networking knowledge it won't a problem.

If you cannot determine the IP address of a device on your network, this is not something you will likely have success with.

If you try and fail, you can factory reset your fixture, redo your setup procedure and reload your program. Not the end of the world, but a bit of a pain none the less.

Unread 02/20/2019, 09:41 PM   #4083
GQuinn
Registered Member

PM sent

Unread 02/25/2019, 07:20 PM   #4084
Kengar
Registered Member

I have older (2015 I believe), non-wireless powermodules. When power was off for couple hours, the time reset to 00:00. Is there anything to do to prevent that?

Unread 02/26/2019, 10:08 AM   #4085
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
I have older (2015 I believe), non-wireless powermodules. When power was off for couple hours, the time reset to 00:00. Is there anything to do to prevent that?
Depending on the generation there may be a firmware update available to fix it. If that still doesn't fix it it would require a new controller. Not the whole box, but just the control board (screen, buttons, brains). More than likely the firmware would do it if it needs updating.

Email me a photo of the sticker on the inside leg of your controller and we can take a look. I say email because RC won't let me PM you a firmware file it is not in the list of available extensions.

Unread 02/26/2019, 10:44 AM   #4086
Kengar
Registered Member

Thanks, Keith.

Email just sent to customercare (chained onto our earlier conversation re replacing the LED clusters).

If it needs to go to new controller, is that something I can access by opening the box and removing the board to send in?

Unread 03/04/2019, 01:21 PM   #4087
Kengar
Registered Member

Hi Keith,

Is there a way to delete some of the date points in Light Studio, so you don't need to program so many of them?

Unread 03/04/2019, 04:37 PM   #4088
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Hi Keith,

Is there a way to delete some of the date points in Light Studio, so you don't need to program so many of them?
You cannot in Light Studio, you can however just group a bunch of them in the night time area.

On the WiFi Powermodule you can remove data points.

Unread 03/04/2019, 04:44 PM   #4089
Kengar
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith@ ATI NA View Post
You cannot in Light Studio, you can however just group a bunch of them in the night time area.
But I still have to drag all the dots down to 0 (and double-check by clicking on them to make sure they're at 0%) if I don't want any output associated with them, correct? In other words, there's no way to nullify a whole bunch of the time points all at once, is there?

Quote:
On the WiFi Powermodule you can remove data points.
Oh, sure, rub it in!

Unread 03/04/2019, 05:10 PM   #4090
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
But I still have to drag all the dots down to 0 (and double-check by clicking on them to make sure they're at 0%) if I don't want any output associated with them, correct? In other words, there's no way to nullify a whole bunch of the time points all at once, is there?

Oh, sure, rub it in!
Nope
&

Unread 03/04/2019, 05:15 PM   #4091
Kengar
Registered Member

I should have bought the radions...... LOL!

I'm still in the process of setting things up, and with me cutting power to the units nightly (instead of having things set in Light Studio to turn on and off at certain times while ensuring burn-in, as we've discussed offline), they keep resetting and coming back on without the LEDs. But when I've run them with the LEDs (before the reset with power cycle), the overall effect has been really, really nice. Burn-in is almost done and I'll set and save profile then.

Unread 03/05/2019, 06:31 AM   #4092
takayan
Premium Member

Hi guys,
I need your help.
I’m using 24” version of hybrid powermodile. Some of T5 did not light on, so I need to replace the T5 ballast. Where is the ballast? Is it still in the main fixture? Or it is now in the big box outside of the fixture?

takayan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2019, 10:44 AM   #4093
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by takayan View Post
Hi guys,
I need your help.
I’m using 24” version of hybrid powermodile. Some of T5 did not light on, so I need to replace the T5 ballast. Where is the ballast? Is it still in the main fixture? Or it is now in the big box outside of the fixture?
Before jumping to conclusions about a bad ballast, I would recommend going through these steps to determine if it is a bulb or ballast giving you problems. While this video is for the SunPower, the content is applicable to your Powermodule.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGkvYqhdVSU&t

If you indeed determine it is the ballast, this is how you change it (again, while this is a T5 only Powermodule, the process is the same):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qABYQiRLO6k&t

Unread 03/10/2019, 07:06 PM   #4094
JoshK6656
Registered Member

Quote:
The difficulty is entirely based on your networking experience, experience with Linux and your level of understanding of German (or the use of google translate ).

The instructions are still in German, however with the web tools and some basic networking knowledge it won't a problem.

If you cannot determine the IP address of a device on your network, this is not something you will likely have success with.

If you try and fail, you can factory reset your fixture, redo your setup procedure and reload your program. Not the end of the world, but a bit of a pain none the less.
I would be interested in info on how to get this light on my network. Where is the guide to this?

Also, has anyone posted their schedules? Ever since installing this light, I have had major algae issues, and am curious in seeing others schedules.

JoshK6656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/11/2019, 11:14 AM   #4095
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshK6656 View Post
I would be interested in info on how to get this light on my network. Where is the guide to this?

Also, has anyone posted their schedules? Ever since installing this light, I have had major algae issues, and am curious in seeing others schedules.
Please shoot us an email and we can provide the information. Keep in mind it is a "use at your own risk" option.

Unread 03/11/2019, 12:02 PM   #4096
JoshK6656
Registered Member

Quote:
Please shoot us an email and we can provide the information. Keep in mind it is a "use at your own risk" option.
Done via the contact us form on your site (using the support options)

JoshK6656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2019, 01:40 PM   #4097
Kengar
Registered Member

Hi Keith,

If you see this first, please check your email. I have some questions re trying to replace the boards I have received. Thanks.

Ken

Unread 04/13/2019, 08:56 AM   #4098
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

ATI Powermodule Hybrid Club

@Keith@ ATI NA Hey Keith I just moved and the root root admin login is no longer working to access the admin menus. Did they change the login? If so could you possibly pm me so I can get the light on my new WiFi network? The schedule is going out of time sync within a matter of a few days and is driving me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/13/2019, 09:11 AM   #4099
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
@Keith@ ATI NA Hey Keith I just moved and the root root admin login is no longer working to access the admin menus. Did they change the login? If so could you possibly pm me so I can get the light on my new WiFi network? The schedule is going out of time sync within a matter of a few days and is driving me nuts.

Never mind I figured it out. The new firmware apparently changes the root password to your user set password.

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/15/2019, 11:49 AM   #4100
Keith@ ATI NA
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
Never mind I figured it out. The new firmware apparently changes the root password to your user set password.

Exactly, its either admin/admin or your chosen user/pass