Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Saint Louis Area Saltwater Hobbyists (SLASH)
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/24/2006, 08:48 AM   #1
ol'saltybastage
Premium Member

TDS reading of Walmart Distilled h2o

Has anyone ever tested the wallyworld Distilled H2O? just curious. i've been using it for a long time.. and have not had trouble. I'm just curious if anyone else has.

Current Tank Info: 1 shot glass, inhabitants = yellow tang, powder blue tang, nurse shark, and Mr. Magoo
ol'saltybastage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2006, 08:58 AM   #2
Shooter7
Registered Member

Has that cyano cleared up?

Current Tank Info: 10 years salty - standard 29g reef - moved from 120 gal reef, 2x250w Reeflux 10k's on ARO electronics and VHO super actinics on Icecap ballast, 2xTunze 6060, MSX 200 skimmer, GEO 612 Ca reactor, mag 12 return
Shooter7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2006, 09:15 AM   #3
ol'saltybastage
Premium Member

actually yeah its starting to die off. funny cause i got a phosban reactor on order that hasnt arrived yet. maybe i didnt need it. guess its better to be safe than sorry

Current Tank Info: 1 shot glass, inhabitants = yellow tang, powder blue tang, nurse shark, and Mr. Magoo
Unread 04/24/2006, 09:24 AM   #4
Shooter7
Registered Member

Was just wondering 'cause if it still was hanging on, maybe that water was helping fuel it.

Current Tank Info: 10 years salty - standard 29g reef - moved from 120 gal reef, 2x250w Reeflux 10k's on ARO electronics and VHO super actinics on Icecap ballast, 2xTunze 6060, MSX 200 skimmer, GEO 612 Ca reactor, mag 12 return
Unread 04/24/2006, 09:44 AM   #5
ol'saltybastage
Premium Member

i considered it. but i tested it for phos/no4 and got a reading of 0. i've alwasy used it and never had an issue before the current tank. i havent changed any habbits and its going away. i'm not sure what caused it.

Unread 04/24/2006, 10:34 AM   #6
fkdenton
Registered Member

I will be watching this thread because that is the water I used too

fkdenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2006, 10:35 AM   #7
Shooter7
Registered Member

I imagine you're going to get variables from store to store though.

Unread 04/24/2006, 11:00 AM   #8
VSpeck
Slash Smack Talker

are u talking about the pre bottled jugs? if so it varies on shipments but nowhere near the optimal 0tds but better than tap the highest I've seen is like 75 and I tested all my loads before I got my ro unit

Current Tank Info: 150g African
VSpeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2006, 12:07 PM   #9
ol'saltybastage
Premium Member

interesting.. between that stuff and the bottled water my wife gets i could easily buy a ro/di in a 2 month period. wonder if i can convince her its time to buy one.

Unread 04/24/2006, 12:16 PM   #10
Shooter7
Registered Member

Figure up the costs and show it to her, along with the benefits of having one. She seemed to be a very reasonable person and I'm sure someone with her intelligence (and good looks) would be more than happy to agree with the purchase...

*suck up suck up suck up*

Unread 04/24/2006, 12:43 PM   #11
ol'saltybastage
Premium Member

it might take a while.. she's not to happy with me flying to seattle for a week.. its for work though so its not like i'm getting a vacation

Unread 04/24/2006, 03:18 PM   #12
DrBDC
Registered Member

If you ever have any problems with snails or any inverts (which include most all but fish) for that matter it would be hard to rule out the distilled water. It is by nature pure when still a gas but it's collected on copper coils and could have copper or a number of other impurities in it. If it said titanium coil collected or something along those lines it would be good but those are rare.

Current Tank Info: 180g sps+75 softy/lps on one system tunze's, seio's, mjmods, aquacontroller w/add ons, 2X400 XM10000 and 3X160 vho actinic, 110g sump, 110 frag tank, Geo Beckett and other stuff
DrBDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2006, 06:12 PM   #13
ol'saltybastage
Premium Member

i've never had any issues with inverts.. just the cyno recently and its going away. i asked about the TDS of it out of curiosity.

Unread 04/24/2006, 06:34 PM   #14
stlouisguy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ol'saltybastage
it might take a while.. she's not to happy with me flying to seattle for a week.. its for work though so its not like i'm getting a vacation
If you get a chance, drive down to the big mountain just outside, takes about an hour or so. You can drive up the mtn in the snow pack if its still there. So much fun. Very very cool city