Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Southwest Tank And Reef Society (STARS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/31/2010, 08:34 PM   #26
jmait769
-CSHFLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlebik View Post
well that didnt work out to well for me... here is the link.
Hey, looks good Andy! What did not work in the video? The flow? I’ll take two from the top shelf and two from the bottom! Ben if you go thru an Ebay action again let me know and I may go in with you. How does the shipping work if you only bid and win one item? I’d be tempted to buy more just to fill the box!!

Jay

Current Tank Info: 150 Gallon, Marco Rocks, 8x80W ATI Powermodule, Apex, Super Reef Octopus XP-3000 external
jmait769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2010, 08:45 PM   #27
ahlebik
Registered Member

I was trying embed the video. I gave up.

ahlebik is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2010, 08:47 PM   #28
jmait769
-CSHFLW

Yes I could not figure that out either!

Jay

Current Tank Info: 150 Gallon, Marco Rocks, 8x80W ATI Powermodule, Apex, Super Reef Octopus XP-3000 external
jmait769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/01/2011, 12:41 PM   #29
benjabba
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmait769 View Post
Hey, looks good Andy! What did not work in the video? The flow? I’ll take two from the top shelf and two from the bottom! Ben if you go thru an Ebay action again let me know and I may go in with you. How does the shipping work if you only bid and win one item? I’d be tempted to buy more just to fill the box!!

Jay
Hey Jay I will let you know for sure. And yes that is how it works, lol. You will end up with several pieces you hadn't planned on. But that can be a good thing too. I got a couple pieces of sps for less than $5 on my last order. Shipping is cheap from them as well since they are in TX. I think it was like $30 on my last order.

PS - Sorry for hijacking your thread - Happy New Year!!!

Member of Jeff's "How to deal with Reef Addiction" class.

Anybody got any corals???

Current Tank Info: 34g Solana, 50g frag tank, 65g sump/fuge
benjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/01/2011, 01:17 PM   #30
mistaflicksta
Registered Member

continuing the highjack, They post new auctions on sundays and they end thursdays, I have ordered from them a couple of times as well

Current Tank Info: 150H(48LX24WX30H), 302 Aquatics sump w/ATS, NWB 200 reef octopus skimmer w/DC pump, 2× MP40W, Varios 6 return pump, RKE, Avast Marine Kalk reactor, Kessil AP700
mistaflicksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/29/2011, 06:22 PM   #31
ahlebik
Registered Member

Some new pictures.

IMAG0320

IMAG0271

IMAG0277

IMAG0279

IMAG0288

Unread 04/29/2011, 06:26 PM   #32
ahlebik
Registered Member

IMAG0297

IMAG0299

IMAG0310

IMAG0313

IMAG0257

Unread 04/29/2011, 06:29 PM   #33
ahlebik
Registered Member

IMAG0250

IMAG0245

IMAG0215

IMAG0207

Unread 04/29/2011, 09:16 PM   #34
mistaflicksta
Registered Member

looks even better in person

Current Tank Info: 150H(48LX24WX30H), 302 Aquatics sump w/ATS, NWB 200 reef octopus skimmer w/DC pump, 2× MP40W, Varios 6 return pump, RKE, Avast Marine Kalk reactor, Kessil AP700
mistaflicksta is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/17/2015, 10:42 PM   #35
RainbowTurtle
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlebik View Post
Frogspawn, my favorite coral, was added. It was 4 branches. 4 heads.

A picture of the frogspawn today before it opened up. I rarely see it in this state and didnt realize how much it has actually grown. When its open it just looks "full" like it always looked... to me at least.

I had my duncan and frogspawn. I added some fish. I had pretty good luck with everything but hippo tangs. I am currently 0 for 2. I have given them a break for the past few months and am still trying to figure out what I can do to help my success with them. I will try again only because its the last fish I want for my tank.

Added were two purple firefish. One jumped that night and I found it dried to the carpet the next day. I considered it my first tank failure.

Next was the leopard wrasse. I knew from the start I wanted one of these awesome looking fish. I never got a picture of him early on. A week after the leopard wrasse I added a green hairy mushroom. This picture as taken after a few more additions but was early wrasse/mushroom.

I am going to wait till later on in the day to continue this post. I want the then/now pictures I am going to take to really show.
This is an old post, but I wanted to comment for you or others in the future. This is an Australian Octopus Frogspawn Coral. They are a branching coral NOT walling, as those unfamiliar assume. Reason for this, is that particular frogspawn is ACTUAL "octopus" and there are people pushing frogspawns as octopus to get the sale on the rare coral to unknowing buyers. True Octapus is branching, not walling. You happen to have the real deal. They are a bit different to other Frogspawn in the way that they don't need medium flow. In fact, medium flow will often kill them or keep them from opening. Their tentacles can be ripped off an damaged EXTREMELY easily. I suspect yours isn't opening up because your flow is too strong. Mine stays open unless something is bothering it and it can be as tiny as a cat hair touching it and it will close. I have the tiniest amount of flow in mine. It just barely moves. Just enough for it to wiggle slightly here and there, even being still for moments off an on. I have seen these thrive under almost still water. They also NEED to eat meaty chunks of shrimp (best received so far) every third day and I dust with phytoplankton or zooplankton on the day before I feed the meaty chunk. It always eats for me and is growing like crazy. Good luck! beautiful coral btw. Mine is my favorite. Oh, one more tip... Bone cutters and glue to frag works just fine.

RainbowTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/18/2015, 05:08 PM   #36
TimGentry
Registered Member

Cool

Current Tank Info: 100g Mixed Reef
TimGentry is offline   Reply With Quote