Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Southwest Tank And Reef Society (STARS)
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/01/2010, 03:06 PM   #1
nmnative
Registered Member

Exclamation August Meeting and Raffle - DON'T MISS THIS!

The August STARS meeting is set to be hosted by Dennis at the store My Saltwater World. The tentative meeting date will be Sunday, August 15th. Dennis is generously donating a compete nano tank setup for raffle. Tickets will be $5 and the winner MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN. Money collected from the raffle ticket sales will be split between STARS and a local police charity 50/50. The details of the tank (dimensions, gallons, equipment, etc.) will be posted soon, so please keep checking this thread. The STARS website will also be updated with the raffle information.

If anyone is interested in getting tickets to sell, please contact Dennis (Soulman), myself (Audrey) or John (Strayvoltage). Let's make this best STARS meeting ever!

nmnative is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2010, 04:05 PM   #2
jmait769
-CSHFLW

I checked out the tank yesterday and it is nice!! Will be buying a few tickets when they become available!! Some tank info is here:

Actual tank setup!!

Jay

Current Tank Info: 150 Gallon, Marco Rocks, 8x80W ATI Powermodule, Apex, Super Reef Octopus XP-3000 external
jmait769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2010, 04:21 PM   #3
SOULEMAN
Registered Member

The tank is a Cadlights 22gal nano. It has 4-24w t-5's with 2 lunar bulbs, a skimmer, return pump, refugium section, and filter section. The tickets are available now and John or Audrey will pick some up to bring up to Las Cruces and hopefully other stores. The proceeds will be split 50/50 to help STARS and my local charity. Hopefully this will help STARS buy some banners and other things for the club and it will definitely help my charity sponsor a few kids.
Thanks
Dennis

SOULEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2010, 05:18 PM   #4
thecoralreef915
Registered Member

Count the Coral Reef In, Dennis how do we get some tickets

thecoralreef915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2010, 07:51 PM   #5
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Thanks Audrey for starting this thread, if I didn't have a job that I really had to do some work at I could be online in the middle of the afternoon and start threads like you do. Thanks for all the pics Jay. Thanks Dennis for the info and for donating the tank for a very good cause, the police charity and for sharing it with STARS.
I hope someone who knows the guys at all of the other stores can contact then and give them a heads up.

I will call Tim at the Salty Fin and talk with him, can I get any takers to call either of the other two stores and fill them in?

This can for now be the best STARS meeting ever but let's not keep it as the best, I would hope they get bigger and better as we move forward.

Thanks to all
John

strayvoltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2010, 08:22 PM   #6
clayw
Moved On

Your post is in violation of the terms and conditions of use of this web site and has been edited. Further violations will result in revocation of your posting privileges.

Last edited by geo; 08/15/2010 at 06:00 AM.
clayw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2010, 11:24 PM   #7
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Yes, thank you Dennis for the sweet donation. I did not see a ticket price listed anywhere? How much do the raffle tickets go for? While I am not there to attend the meeting, I would like to purchase some tickets and will ask my sister to attend the meeting or maybe I can slip down to Cruces again for the weekend.

Thanks again Dennis....

jay

Current Tank Info: One great big empty tank sitting in a room, one smaller tank (with water) in the corner of a room........
Jay508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/02/2010, 06:36 AM   #8
nmnative
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnative View Post
The August STARS meeting is set to be hosted by Dennis at the store My Saltwater World. The tentative meeting date will be Sunday, August 15th. Dennis is generously donating a compete nano tank setup for raffle. Tickets will be $5 and the winner MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN.

Unread 07/02/2010, 07:39 AM   #9
psuedopimp
Registered Member

that is awesome, thanks denis for the donation.

Unread 07/02/2010, 09:20 AM   #10
Jay508
STARS Vice President

ahh, that ons slipped my vision

Current Tank Info: One great big empty tank sitting in a room, one smaller tank (with water) in the corner of a room........
Unread 07/02/2010, 10:05 AM   #11
nmnative
Registered Member

Beer goggles...

Unread 07/02/2010, 10:39 AM   #12
jmait769
-CSHFLW

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnative View Post
Beer goggles...
He's having too much fun at that resort!!!

Jay

Current Tank Info: 150 Gallon, Marco Rocks, 8x80W ATI Powermodule, Apex, Super Reef Octopus XP-3000 external
jmait769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/02/2010, 08:36 PM   #13
strayvoltage
Registered Member

I think jay needs to come home and get away from that place.

Unread 07/02/2010, 09:32 PM   #14
Jay508
STARS Vice President

Quote:
Originally Posted by strayvoltage View Post
I think jay needs to come home and get away from that place.
ummmm...

my thoughts were moving in the opposite direction of this.

jk. I love it here but do miss my tanks, and hectic life. (something is wrong with me based on the last statement)

Unread 07/04/2010, 07:36 PM   #15
reefgeekelpaso
Registered Member

I got my tickets for the raffle! Its a nice tank. Gonna look great at my apartment.
Come get your ticket an support STARS

Unread 07/15/2010, 02:42 PM   #16
SOULEMAN
Registered Member

I just wanted to post an update on the ticket sales. The Raffle tickets are selling good and it looks to be a very sweet turn out. Thanks to a few of the other LFS, Daniel at The Coral Reef and Jimmy at Sea Creatures anyone can buy tickets at those locations also. I know us being on the west side is pretty far for some folks to drive. We just need to work out the timing of the meeting and the drawing of the raffle ticket time also.
Thanks
Dennis

Unread 07/15/2010, 07:45 PM   #17
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Dennis, this is great news. I am glad we waited for next month to have this one.

Unread 07/22/2010, 10:25 AM   #18
nmnative
Registered Member

Hey Dennis! Is the meeting still set for August 15th? If so, what time do you prefer for people to start showing up? We probably need to start tossing around ideas to come up with a meeting agenda. Do you want to bbq some food or just have snacks? Let me know, I will be there and I will help you with setting up!

Unread 07/26/2010, 09:55 AM   #19
nmnative
Registered Member

UPDATE! Per Dennis, meeting start time is 2 pm. A bbq would be nice, but he won't be able to supply the items for the bbq. I was thinking about doing a cheap "snack bar" to generate some more funds for the club. What do you guys think? Something like $3 for a hotdog, chips and soda? $4 if you want a burger instead of hotdog? Baked goods would also be sold cheap! I am willing to put this together. The money generated would cover the cost of purchasing food and drinks and the remaining money would go to the club.

The raffle will be held sometime during the meeting of course! There are probably some items to discuss since we haven't had much of a meeting the last two months.

DENNIS, just to be clear - Tickets for the raffle will still be sold at the meeting correct?

Unread 07/26/2010, 10:08 AM   #20
SOULEMAN
Registered Member

What I was saying is that I could bring my grill and some stuff but could not supply everything for the cookout. I think there is gonna be a lot of people there and that would be a lot of food. LOL
Yes tickets will still be available during the meeting.

Unread 07/26/2010, 11:17 AM   #21
nmnative
Registered Member

I hear ya Big D ! That's why I think selling the food n drinks cheap would generate alot of loot for the club. Anyone wanna help?

Thank God tickets will still be for sale....I have a twenty burning a hole in my pocket!

I could possibly bring another grill and pop up tent. We will probably need shade out there.

Unread 07/26/2010, 03:42 PM   #22
pnavarro170
S.T.A.R.S PRESIDENT

seen it, bought a ticket, but think i need to buy more, that would be sick in my office. haha

pnavarro170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/26/2010, 08:01 PM   #23
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Good idea Audrey. We all fall apart when you go on vacation and can't think of things to do like you do. I will help in any way I can or that is needed. I don't know if this meeting will be the best to catch up on old business but we can wait and see.

Unread 07/26/2010, 09:24 PM   #24
nmnative
Registered Member

I think this meeting will have a great turn out and be a good time to enjoy seeing old friends and meeting new people. I promise not to go on vacation until next year! John, now you are in trouble, sounds like you just volunteered to help me!!!

Unread 07/26/2010, 09:54 PM   #25
strayvoltage
Registered Member

Yes Audrey I did do just that. Call me and let me know closer to the date and we will figure something out. But some comments here from the people that plan to attend would be nice. It would be nice to know if we dare make anything to try to do that or not.