Reef Central Online Community
Live Aquaria

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Marine Plants & Macroalgae
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 06/14/2020, 07:31 PM   #1426
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Today I did another water change, to hopefully get calcium levels down to the point that it won't precipitate on the grasses. I also pinched off all blades that were coated, so we're back to just green. It's thinned out but looks okay. I got a few pics.

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2020, 04:51 PM   #1427
vlangel
Registered Member

Loving these pics Michael! Thanks for sharing.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, ...and God sawthat it was good. Genesis 1:20 - 21

Current Tank Info: A 56 gallon high nutrient macro algae/coral reef that overflows into a basement 30 gallon seahorse macro algae fuge that overflows into a 20 gallon sump
vlangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/16/2020, 05:50 PM   #1428
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Thanks Dawn! It's good to have something decent to show. I haven't forgotten about getting you the shoal grass. Sorry it's taking so long. With all the work just to get to this point has been a huge effort. Hang in there!

Old 06/18/2020, 06:53 PM   #1429
vlangel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
Thanks Dawn! It's good to have something decent to show. I haven't forgotten about getting you the shoal grass. Sorry it's taking so long. With all the work just to get to this point has been a huge effort. Hang in there!
It's fine Michael and no need to be sorry. Everyone is busy this time of year and I figured that you will get to it when you have time and I can be patient. I just appreciate you offering it.

I have your purple sponge ready to send as well.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, ...and God sawthat it was good. Genesis 1:20 - 21

Current Tank Info: A 56 gallon high nutrient macro algae/coral reef that overflows into a basement 30 gallon seahorse macro algae fuge that overflows into a 20 gallon sump
Old 06/26/2020, 11:57 AM   #1430
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

So I have seaweed on the way today, I think. It's taken a looong time. I ordered on June 6th. It's a new vendor for me, and like most online sites, they said orders will take longer, with the pandemic. But Jeez!

My biggest concern is how long have my weeds been sealed up in a box? I'm half expecting a bunch of green goo. We shall see! I'll report back…

Old 06/26/2020, 01:14 PM   #1431
vlangel
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Hoaster View Post
So I have seaweed on the way today, I think. It's taken a looong time. I ordered on June 6th. It's a new vendor for me, and like most online sites, they said orders will take longer, with the pandemic. But Jeez!

My biggest concern is how long have my weeds been sealed up in a box? I'm half expecting a bunch of green goo. We shall see! I'll report back…
Here's having fingers crossed that you do not get green goo!

Old 06/26/2020, 01:32 PM   #1432
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

I waited 20 days and received the wrong seaweed. This is just unacceptable. No glowing review for this [email protected] vender! I won't even mention their name. Did they think I wouldn't notice? Utterly disgusted…

Old 06/26/2020, 05:15 PM   #1433
ThePurple12
Registered Member

Wow, that's disappointing. What did you order?

ThePurple12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2020, 07:01 PM   #1434
vlangel
Registered Member

Ahh, I am sorry Michael, that stinks!

Old 06/30/2020, 07:16 AM   #1435
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

I ordered Ulva Intestinalis, they sent Ulva Lactuca. I informed them of the mistake, they say they will correct it. So now I guess I just wait.

Tags
ecosystem, food web, macro algae, planted tank, seagrass