Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/12/2017, 12:15 PM   #1
Nick30G
Registered Member

Current USA Eflux

I have been looking at and researching these powerheads https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...DKIKX0DER&th=1 and was wondering if anyone else out there had good things to say about them or have one of those. Basically im looking for something middle of the line something between Jebao and Vortec Quality with a wave pump for variable flow. If i bought this kit with an additional 1050GPH powerhead it would cost $227, and this would be for my first tank im building, a 37G. It looks like this company is a USA based company and would probably help you out like Vortec if you needed a replacement pump or part for the powerheads. Based on some reviews over a few sites as i have seen they have great reviews and they look like they are nice quality. Really considering these wave makers for my upcoming build and would like to hear your thoughts.

Nick30G is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2017, 01:35 PM   #2
Valentini89
Registered Member

Don't know if this helps but I have a current usa light fixture and autofeeder and they are both decent products.

Current Tank Info: 26g bowfront QT tank, -- 150g tall = http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2671045
Valentini89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2017, 02:42 PM   #3
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick30G View Post
It looks like this company is a USA based company
Current USA = Made in China..
Its a marketing ploy..

IF you want to pay more money for the same quality of product then go for it...

As I put in your other post.. The Jebao WP series of product (their first generation product line) was JUNK.. They have greatly improved..
Their RW/PP/SW product line is a night and day difference..

Those Jebao haters are just going off old information..

Unread 12/11/2017, 04:01 PM   #4
DesertReefT4r
Registered Member

Bump. Looking at these Current USA pumps as well and want more info from users.

DesertReefT4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/11/2017, 08:08 PM   #5
OhsCC
Registered Member

I just bought a current USA loop system that came with a free eflux 600 pump. I am a fan of current USA products and have been using their various lights for over 20 years in the hobby.

I am using it on my IM 20 gallon peninsula. Very small compact pump. It has 3 different flow options and the flow can be controlled with my loop controller.

OhsCC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/12/2017, 07:52 AM   #6
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

Their pump systems are quite good. I have them in my 50g cube and they are very controllable and the remote is nice. Their leds are OK for fish and shallow tanks like a 20g, but they suck at anything over 16" tall.

Unread 12/14/2017, 11:47 AM   #7
Heart of Dixie
Registered Member

I just re-set up a 65 gallon tank and used the Current powerheads. I have 2 @ 2100 gph and 1 @ 660 gph. They have been running since June without any issues. One nice thing is they are silent, at least the 3 I have are.

Heart of Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/03/2018, 12:12 AM   #8
aznflyfisherman
Registered Member

Hi Dixie, how are your 2100 wavemaker doing? I just got one withe the hub setup on my 110g n planning to get another 2100 gph soon. Did you notice any lost of power over time?

aznflyfisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2018, 03:01 PM   #9
Heart of Dixie
Registered Member

aznflyfisherman - I have not noticed any loss so far. I am running them 70% on surge mode. Originally they were higher but I turned them down a bit so the LPS's would not get blown around so much. The 2100's are in the back corners angles towards the front glass and the 660 is on the back in the middle.

Heart of Dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2018, 03:34 PM   #10
jurgenph
Registered Member

FWIW... i like current usa products. they do what they claim it should do.

i've used their low power LED fixtures in the past, and currently use the eflux pumps.
i will purchase another pump they are really nice. the flow is very wide, and the pumps are the most silent ones i've owned (so far)

hope that helps

J.

jurgenph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2018, 10:07 PM   #11
aznflyfisherman
Registered Member

Ok guys I have this running for about a week now n it’s making the annoying humming noise, so I guess I got a bad one? I really like this setup n have it nice n neat with the cable management. I see if amazon can send me a replacement.

Unread 01/04/2018, 10:46 PM   #12
christmascoral
Registered Member

jebaos work brilliantly. yeah i know what your talking about vortechs can be pricy. that looks similar to jebao so probably should be a good pick.

christmascoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/04/2018, 11:23 PM   #13
aznflyfisherman
Registered Member

Christ I have the jebao rw8 series, I thought I try something new, since after a few months of use the jebao looses a lot of its power at least the one I got. I also have the votech mp10. Amazon is sending me a new current USA eflux 2100 wavemaker.

Unread 01/05/2018, 02:09 PM   #14
outy
Moved On

[QUOTE=Nick30G;25146487 something between Jebao and Vortec Quality .[/QUOTE]

Vortech is worse lol then Jebao

And Jebao is probably the most sold pump with the least complaints with he DCP line.

outy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2018, 07:43 PM   #15
enemec1
Registered Member

question, can the magnet on the outside be submersed in the back chamber of an all in one tank???

Current Tank Info: two 30 gallon cubes
enemec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/19/2018, 04:33 AM   #16
RobZilla04
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemec1 View Post
question, can the magnet on the outside be submersed in the back chamber of an all in one tank???
It can be, however it isn't designed to do so. In this case I would simply place the external magnet in a food safe zip lock bag, then place it in the rear section to protect it from getting wet when submerged. Shouldn't ever notice that its in a bag once placed properly.

Unread 04/19/2018, 04:04 PM   #17
davocean
Registered Member

I used to do a lot of beta testing for current, they are local here.
They do not aim for the high end reefers, but they make decent products, and they tend to be conservative, and not put them out before really testing and making sure ready for market.
Yes, their products are made in China, like many others.

The one thing I will say that stands out for Current is their customer service is about as good as it gets, you got a problem, they don't mess around, they just replace it, or remedy the situation fast as possible, so IMO that makes them better than some of the others mentioned.

Current Tank Info: SCA 120g RR Starfire, Tunze silence 1073.02 return, 40g sump w/ fuge, SWC Extreme 160 cone skimmer,Geismann reflexx 4xT5, 2x Panorama Pro LED strips, Vortech MP40QD
davocean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/03/2018, 10:52 AM   #18
PC_LOAD_LTR
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by davocean View Post

The one thing I will say that stands out for Current is their customer service is about as good as it gets, you got a problem, they don't mess around, they just replace it, or remedy the situation fast as possible, so IMO that makes them better than some of the others mentioned.
That's not what the reviews on Amazon say... But fake reviews go both ways I'm sure.

I just ordered the 660 gph efflux to add on to my Loop lights. The Jebao pp-20 I currently have is too much power for my corals even on its lowest setting.

Will update once I have it in the tank.

PC_LOAD_LTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/03/2018, 11:07 AM   #19
Aquavaj
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyvr View Post
Current USA = Made in China..
Its a marketing ploy..

IF you want to pay more money for the same quality of product then go for it...

As I put in your other post.. The Jebao WP series of product (their first generation product line) was JUNK.. They have greatly improved..
Their RW/PP/SW product line is a night and day difference..

Those Jebao haters are just going off old information..
Is it usually the motor that goes out or the power supply or controller?

Aquavaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/03/2018, 11:24 AM   #20
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquavaj View Post
Is it usually the motor that goes out or the power supply or controller?
in their old stuff.... yes