Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/15/2018, 10:17 AM   #1
accel
Registered Member

New RBTA - 1 week update - 2 month tank

I know I may get flamed for this because I bought a bubble tip anemone and my tank is barely just 2 months old when I got it (and it's a recipe for failure). I have him setup at the center of the tank with a Kessil 360 NE pointed at him. At max 100% intensity, he is getting 250 to 350 PAR which I measured using the Apogee 510 PAR sensor.

Water params are normal based on the API test kit (color based charts):
Phosphate: 0
Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate: 0
Dkh: 9 ish
Calcium: 450
Ph: 8.2ish

Its color is pink under the blue lights but he looks like orange when I use gel filters on my camera. He hasn't moved on that area. He probably budged in a little bit after the Clowns started roughing him up. In general I think he's doing well based on what I've read from other people's experience with bubble tip anemones.

These photos were either taken early in the morning or about in the evening except for the first one (full view)

May 15th Latest at 11am
may_15th_latest

May 15th very early morning
may_15th

May 14th
may_14th

May 13th
may_13th

May 11th
may_11th

May 10th

may_10th

May 9th (one day after purchase)
may_9th

accel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2018, 04:57 PM   #2
manilaboy1vic
Registered Member

i have GBTA and RBTA in my tank.. i just recently changed my kessil light intensity to 75%.. the GTBA is on the bottom.. my tank is 21.5" top to bottom.. they are not moving.. 100% might be overkill..

i have 2 160s and 1 360 in the middle.. they run for 12 hrs.. 10hrs of 75% intensity.. my color maxes out at 25%.. i like it bluer in there.. according to "kessil logic", color is purely for aestethics.. my rbta does not look pink at all with bluer lights.

my RBTA is newer (kinda) and mid tank.. when i bought the RBTA is was small to begin with.. i kept feeding it and it split..so now i got two pinner RBTAs..

My GBTA split from my maroon bringing them mysis.. (4 gbta now)

dont worry too much about the clowns roughness on the bta.. my maroon actaully bit pieces off my GTBA in the beginning.. multiple times.

i actually removed one of the smaller btas from the rock today and put it closer to the other one.. all i did was take a turkey baster and basted the foot.. he close up and came loose.. same as pointing a power head at them to make them loosen up..

manilaboy1vic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anemone, bubble, rbta