Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/13/2018, 06:47 PM   #1
shankpa
Registered Member

AI Hydra 26

I have two Hydra 26, about 10” above my standard 4 foot 75 us gallon aquarium. It seems like David Saxby’s settings are really too much for some corals and anemones coming from weaker lights. What do you guys recommended? How long should I acclimate for? If the lights are still too powerful after acclimation, should I switch presets? Thanks.

shankpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2018, 08:53 PM   #2
Jboone82590
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankpa View Post
I have two Hydra 26, about 10” above my standard 4 foot 75 us gallon aquarium. It seems like David Saxby’s settings are really too much for some corals and anemones coming from weaker lights. What do you guys recommended? How long should I acclimate for? If the lights are still too powerful after acclimation, should I switch presets? Thanks.
I use the same settings. The only difference was I turned the green and red down.
U always need to acclimate new coral to the lighting.
I am running 2 26s with 4 t5s on my 75 gallon. I'm hitting above 500 par at the top of the tank and my coral are loving it.
I'm thinking about turning it down a little so I can try to color some of my SPS up.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jboone82590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2018, 08:54 PM   #3
Jboone82590
Registered Member

Also they are running about 12 inches off the water or so.

Unread 08/13/2018, 08:56 PM   #4
shankpa
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboone82590 View Post
I use the same settings. The only difference was I turned the green and red down.
U always need to acclimate new coral to the lighting.
I am running 2 26s with 4 t5s on my 75 gallon. I'm hitting above 500 par at the top of the tank and my coral are loving it.
I'm thinking about turning it down a little so I can try to color some of my SPS up.

Hey. Thanks for the reply. Yea. These lights are a beast. I just broke the clamp for the arm mount, so I’m moving to hanging them from the ceiling. They’re so freaking sick though. Thanks, again.

shankpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2018, 09:16 PM   #5
Jboone82590
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankpa View Post
Hey. Thanks for the reply. Yea. These lights are a beast. I just broke the clamp for the arm mount, so I’m moving to hanging them from the ceiling. They’re so freaking sick though. Thanks, again.
They are awesome.
Iv been running mine for a few years.
I'm wanting to upgrade tanks and get a few more of the 26s when I do.

Unread 08/13/2018, 11:26 PM   #6
lpsouth1978
Registered Member

If they are still too powerful on the David Saxby preset, you can lower the output of the entire preset in one simple move. In the myAI app, tap control and make sure it is on auto. Then touch the screen with two fingers and swipe down. this will lower the intensity of all channels at the same time, so the program remains the same, but intensity is reduced.