Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/11/2009, 09:45 PM   #1
chiroman
Registered Member

Apex won't turn back on...status lights flash yellow

So, after contacting Neptune in regard to the programming problems in this thread, http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1755047, Curt suggested a firmware update.

Due to some (unknown to me at the time) software update insufficiencies on my computer and some threads I read on here, I thought I needed to connect the apex directly into my computer w/ the network cable that I was using to connect the apex to the router. When that didn't work, that's when I figured out I needed to update my computer, and I plugged the apex back into the router.

Not long after this (a minute or 2 probably), everything connected to the apex went off (lights mainly) and the apex display froze. I unplugged the EB8 and left it unplugged for a few minutes before plugging it back in.

Now the display won't come on at all, and the status lights on the EB8 and base module have been flashing yellow for over a half hour.

Any help in fixing this is appreciated. Thanks.

chiroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/11/2009, 10:15 PM   #2
ump
Registered Member

this just happened to me i went to do the firmware update my firewall blocked it half way through i unblocked it then is said can not connect to apex the screen froze and now will not come back on

ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/11/2009, 10:43 PM   #3
ump
Registered Member

ok i fixed mine i had to turn off the firewall then unplug the ethernet cable to the apex plug it back in and then start the update worked the second time

ump is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/12/2009, 06:41 AM   #4
aquamanic
WHO DAT??

What you describe (no display, flashing lights) sounds like your controller firmware is trashed and the EB8 has gone back to Fallback mode, however you have that programmed. I'd work on getting the firmware reloaded and go from there.

Unread 12/12/2009, 07:38 AM   #5
ale2539
Registered Member

Very disapointing. this happen to me as well. i have it on a very large system. Contacted neptune to see if they can swipe my card and send a replacement as soon as possible, and they claimed all the controllers they have are sold. so now i have to wait for them to receive it. fix mine and send it back. so i just sold my RKE and had to get about 22 timers to run my system until i get it back... By the way. everything was working great until i decided to add 3 more eb8's to my system.. so now are we going to have a problem everytime we add additional acessories to our apex because of possible firmware or update differences.

ale2539 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/12/2009, 12:10 PM   #6
chiroman
Registered Member

Thanks for your help guys. It was exactly as you guys had said. Once I got my firewall turned off and reloaded the firmware, all is back to normal.

Ale, if you can try reloading your firmware, that might fix your problem.

chiroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2019, 07:00 PM   #7
bizarro
Registered Member

Whew boy was a challenge to get registered here, I think some links were broken there for a bit... anyways... I found this thread via google when I also had the same issue as OP.

Hitting the magnifying glass would not find the Apex, however just leaving, or entering the same IP that the unit had before the problem allowed me to proceed to re-upload the FW. Back up and running after I thought I bricked it WHEW.

Turn off ALL windows firewalls, allowing the program through is apparently not enough, just turn them off.

bizarro is offline   Reply With Quote