Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > Zoanthids
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/15/2017, 11:07 PM   #1
A27
Registered Member

Exclamation Zoa Nudibranchs!

So I have a 30 gallon reef tank with a current stocking of 2 ocelaris, a Royal gramma, cleaner shrimp, and a goby pistol shrimp pair. I noticed that my zoas are getting eaten up by the little sea slugs, and I have removed a few manually myself. I will be soon getting some sort of dipping chemical, which comes tommy question, which one should I get? And for the second part, I want to know the best wrasse to fit in my tank. I don't want a Six line wrasse, but I heard the Possum wrasse is good, but might not eat them. Any suggestions?

A27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/16/2017, 06:26 AM   #2
CPdude
Registered Member

Well I also have ZENs (zoa eating nudibranchs). Even big ones the size of your finger nail. My elegance coral and duncan coral eats them from time to time, or i would just blast the damn ZENs into the corals. A bristleworm decided to make its home in the zoa colony and actually ate most of the eggs and even the adults and juvies! My Green BTA ate 1 ZEN before. I am not sure about wrasses. Hopefully someone can reply on it.

Sent from my LG-H650 using Tapatalk

CPdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/17/2017, 02:28 PM   #3
mav3rick478
Registered Member

Bayer Dip, then scrape off any eggs clusters. Keep the zoas quarantined for a few weeks to see if any more Nudibranch appear and if none show up return them to your display tank.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

mav3rick478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/04/2017, 02:36 PM   #4
tacschulz
Registered Member

I would do what the post above says. You need to stop the ZENs reproductive cycle.

tacschulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2017, 02:11 AM   #5
Razorback reef
Registered Member

Strange how palyothoa produce some of most toxic poison in the natural world and something actually eats them.

Razorback reef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/11/2017, 02:38 AM   #6
CPdude
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by A27 View Post
So I have a 30 gallon reef tank with a current stocking of 2 ocelaris, a Royal gramma, cleaner shrimp, and a goby pistol shrimp pair. I noticed that my zoas are getting eaten up by the little sea slugs, and I have removed a few manually myself. I will be soon getting some sort of dipping chemical, which comes tommy question, which one should I get? And for the second part, I want to know the best wrasse to fit in my tank. I don't want a Six line wrasse, but I heard the Possum wrasse is good, but might not eat them. Any suggestions?
Speaking of wrasses. I heard that yellow coris wrasses eat zoa nudibranchs and most other pests but may kill your cleaner shrimp. But the eggs you would have to scrape of yourself.

Sent from my LG-H650 using Tapatalk

CPdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 04:55 PM   #7
650-IS350
Registered Member

Small Yellow or Green Coris. for juvenile/adult slug elimination.

Manual removal , scraping of eggs. Dips WON'T do anything to the eggs.

Just enjoying the box of water from afar
650-IS350 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
nudibranchs, possum wrasse, wrasse, zoanthids