Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/19/2017, 04:40 AM   #1
thegza
Registered Member

Fluval 1000 Start of my journey

So rather than starting loads of threads asking multiple questions, I am gona start a journal. I am aiming for a top notch aquarium so as much help and info as poss is needed. At the moment it's all kind of thrown together but I intend on using the forum and all Your knowledge as I make changes. Please subscribe to the thread and I will continue to ask questions.

So first question
I had a fluval fx6 hooked up but decided to shut it down so I took all the media and put it in the sump, I've read a few mixed opinions on this I've been advised to remove the media but I thought the Maori surface area for bacteria the better. I would love to read more opinions on this.

2nd
Here's a pic of my setup

I have hi phosphate levels so added 250ml of seachem phosguard after 1 week it has made a dent in reducing phos.
I have a eheim 150 sat fo I was thinking off turned no it into a reactor
Or sorts. Somewhere to store carbon, purigen and phos bags and have water forced through rather than just sat in the sump

Opinions please on anything that would increase the use of my sum.

Thanks to all who read please subscribe to thread
And thanks ahead of time. Hopefully by next year I will have a reef fit for the ocean

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thegza is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/23/2017, 06:07 AM   #2
thegza
Registered Member

So for 2 weeks I've had a 250ml of phosguard in a bag placed in the sump. Weekly testing revealed it had no effect on removing phosphates, I've set up my eheim as shown with the phosguard activated carbon and purigen, did a test this morning and phos reduced from 2.0 to 1.0. Over night.

My next problem is the gurgle from the overflow can anyone help with this if I show pics off it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thegza is offline   Reply With Quote