Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/17/2019, 08:47 AM   #1
pmaloy
Registered Member

72" MH/T5/LED combo that's not discontinued?

Does anyone know any manufacturer that still makes a 72" light fixture with metal halides, T5s and LED moon lights? I have this one , but it's bit the dust, and Marineland doesn't make it anymore. I found this one from AquaticLife, but it's also discontinued. I can find these two models still for sale, so I'll pick one of these up if it comes to it, but if there's one out there that's still supported by the manufacturer, I'd prefer that.

pmaloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/17/2019, 10:02 AM   #2
Vinny Kreyling
Registered Member

https://hamiltontechnology.com/index...&path=17_74_79
Might not have the moonlights.

Unread 06/26/2019, 10:01 AM   #3
Zacktosterone
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Kreyling View Post
best fixture ever

Zacktosterone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2019, 07:12 PM   #4
on the spot
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmaloy View Post
...it's bit the dust...
What's bitten the dust? The parts are straight forward, you could make it work again without much trouble.

Or it corroded, split in two, and fell in the tank?

'cause that'll need duct tape.

on the spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/06/2019, 08:31 AM   #5
Bpb
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by on the spot View Post
What's bitten the dust? The parts are straight forward, you could make it work again without much trouble.

That’s true. A “fixture” is nothing more than a retrofit with its wires tucked into an attractive housing. Just about every piece should be replaceable with off the shelf parts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bpb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2019, 03:51 PM   #6
pmaloy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by on the spot View Post

It's the controller unit - like the little module that has the buttons and the the time display on the face, and the circuit board that sends out the signals to turn the lights on/off. Is that unit something I can get from a third party? I was under the impression that it's a proprietary component, so the only place I'd be able to get a replacement is from marineland. I didn't think it was like the bulbs where they're interchangeable with several manufactures. Or at least I haven't been able to find another vendor to swap out that particular component - do you know where I could find that part? I tried Marineland, and they said they don't have one to send me because they stopped making them.

Current Tank Info: 225 Gallon, Currently have 1 pin cushion urchin (named Henry), 2 cleaner shrimp, 1 pistol shrimp (named Pistol"), 1 orange spotted goby, 4 blue/green chromis, nassarius snails, and trochus snails
pmaloy is offline   Reply With Quote