Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/16/2017, 05:37 PM   #1001
truepercs
Registered Member

Figured it out.... nice job on the calibration. That is much easier than trying to stop pump at a specific amount.

Only issue I experience is if I disconnect, kore 5the screen goes wacko.
I just close the app and it seems fine. I will be watching parameters closely for the next couple days. I switched over to ATI essentials and need to figure out how much to set at...

Unread 12/16/2017, 06:41 PM   #1002
truepercs
Registered Member

Has anyone used android app along with an app on another operating system?
Back and forth?
First time I experimented with the android app somehow in the custom settings Friday was deselected on the Mac version of the pump used for ALK. I caught it since I check ALK each day.

I am not going to use the mac app if this version works. Is it possible to change pump speeds as in the mac/windows versions?

Thx

Unread 12/17/2017, 08:47 AM   #1003
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Hi
In Android app there is no option for changing motor speed - however since we are including highest quality charmed BPT tubings - it's not needed.
Even on fast speed doser is ultra precise(offer much better resolution than any other dosing station on market).
But this Pharmed tubings REQUIRE fast speed - on moderate or precise rollers sometimes not spin and dosed amounts aren't consistent.
In next firmware release(which will be compatible with Kore 7th also) that option will be removed from software and firmware(it caused too many reports from Customers which tried to use Pharmed tubings but with precise speed - which is not needed for that kind of tubings).
Built in algorithms allow to dose single liquid drops even on fast speed using Pharmed tubing.

We got few reports about LCD screen strange letters after disconnecting - it should be fixed in nearest update(its not a bug in each doser - some dosers working inside cabinets where is strong EMC field "collect" some magnetic trash from air and thats responsible for this effect).

Regards

Przemek

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2017, 08:49 AM   #1004
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepercs View Post
Is there any instructions?
The calibration portion appears different. I do not see anything telling me how to stop the pump when trying to calibrate
Sorry, I missed your question/
yes, manual is available there:
http://pacific-sun.eu/shop/dosing-st...#tab-downloads
and direct link:
http://pacific-sun.eu/pliki/Kore5th_manual.pdf

Regards

Przemek

Unread 12/17/2017, 01:37 PM   #1005
homer1475
Registered Member

Przemek, I have always used the windows interface for calibration, and that's covered in the manual you linked to.

The android app appears different, and is not covered in the manual. How does one calibrate using the app. I would prefer to use the app as it's an easier to use(mobile always within arms reach, while laptop needs to be dragged out, started up, etc, etc).

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2017, 05:13 PM   #1006
truepercs
Registered Member

Homer it was pretty easy. (actually easier than what I was doing for calibration)

Choose desired pump-Select calibration, doser pumps fluid into your measuring container. Measure how much liquid was despensed,(visual markings on container) input this value, then save calibration.

You can then "check calibration" it should fill the container with the same amount again. (i did process twice)

Go into the actual pump settings and manually dose into the measurement container to see if dose was correct.
(i.e. set dose to 10ml doser should dispense 10 ml...)
Calibrate each pump.

It worked very good...

Last edited by truepercs; 12/17/2017 at 05:29 PM.
truepercs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2017, 05:28 PM   #1007
truepercs
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
Hi
In Android app there is no option for changing motor speed - however since we are including highest quality charmed BPT tubings - it's not needed.
Even on fast speed doser is ultra precise(offer much better resolution than any other dosing station on market).
But this Pharmed tubings REQUIRE fast speed - on moderate or precise rollers sometimes not spin and dosed amounts aren't consistent.
In next firmware release(which will be compatible with Kore 7th also) that option will be removed from software and firmware(it caused too many reports from Customers which tried to use Pharmed tubings but with precise speed - which is not needed for that kind of tubings).
Built in algorithms allow to dose single liquid drops even on fast speed using Pharmed tubing.

We got few reports about LCD screen strange letters after disconnecting - it should be fixed in nearest update(its not a bug in each doser - some dosers working inside cabinets where is strong EMC field "collect" some magnetic trash from air and thats responsible for this effect).

Regards

Przemek

Przemek, FYI...My Kore 5th is in a cabinet...
(only piece of electrical equipment in cabinet)

-Ed

Unread 12/17/2017, 05:49 PM   #1008
homer1475
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by truepercs View Post
Homer it was pretty easy. (actually easier than what I was doing for calibration)

Choose desired pump-Select calibration, doser pumps fluid into your measuring container. Measure how much liquid was despensed,(visual markings on container) input this value, then save calibration.

You can then "check calibration" it should fill the container with the same amount again. (i did process twice)

Go into the actual pump settings and manually dose into the measurement container to see if dose was correct.
(i.e. set dose to 10ml doser should dispense 10 ml...)
Calibrate each pump.

It worked very good...
Thanks!

That is easier then using the windows UI.

Originally posted by der_wille_zur_macht:

"He's just taking his lunch to work"
homer1475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/18/2017, 04:53 AM   #1009
wcharon
Registered Member

Seems that the new firmware and software is pretty stable... Will give it a try to see how it goes.

Thanks for any feedback.

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
wcharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/25/2017, 05:10 AM   #1010
intheshaddow
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Przemek_PacSun View Post
In next firmware release(which will be compatible with Kore 7th also)
Przemek, can you tell us something more about this Kore 7th? Is it going to be your new 7 channel dosing station?

Wysłane z mojego Moto G (4) przy użyciu Tapatalka

intheshaddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2018, 10:31 AM   #1011
wcharon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteStewardson View Post
Przemek,

I was sent instructions to restore firmware on my Kore5th but not given any instructions on how to get logs/data from the unit. Anyway after trying countless times with CRC errors I got the Kore5th updated to the latest firmware. So eventually we got there.

I went to test with a manual dose and noticed the motors all running at different noises and speeds. Even with no heads on they all ran very differently. With heads it's also clear. I reset to defaults to see if it was a calibration issue but that hasn't changed anything.

To me it looks like I would need to change all 5 heads and motors ( one motor doesn't turn and the shaft is rusted. ) which is pretty much the price of a new Kore5th. I'm not sure I'd trust calibration to bring these into line. Based on the issues I've seen in the past I'm very reluctant to do that honestly and spend so much money on getting it working again.

Pete

EDIT: Oh but... just to add, since updating to the latest firmware, the connection over bluetooth on my mac is 100% better. It does actually connect every time so far. So well done on sorting that.
Pete can you share how you got the upload of the Firmware successful for the Blank Screen issue?

I have a Blank Screen now and tried the Firmware process with no luck.

Thanks in advance...

Current Tank Info: 125 Gal. Reef, Chiller 1/4, Skimmer SRO SSS-1000 (Old), Aquamaxx EM-200, Aqua C UV, Actinic ReefBrites, Kore 5th. Doser, APEX Full
Unread 01/20/2018, 11:24 AM   #1012
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@wcharon
Procedure is the same - you need use dedicated software for update(not control software even if it have upload firmware button!) and press reset switch on doser after you will choose firmware to upload( "dots" are showing on app screen...)

Unread 01/20/2018, 11:27 AM   #1013
wcharon
Registered Member

happy New Year Prezmek. Hope everything is OK....

I will shoot you a PM.

Unread 01/20/2018, 11:29 AM   #1014
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by intheshaddow View Post
Przemek, can you tell us something more about this Kore 7th? Is it going to be your new 7 channel dosing station?

Wysłane z mojego Moto G (4) przy użyciu Tapatalka
Hi
We noticed some delays a specially with parts suppliers :-(
But now everything is fine - we are on last stage and our IT team do last software updates (to prepare Kore 7th to control class type calcium reactors ;-)
So general informations about Kore 7th:
- wireless dosing station with 7 separate dosing channels. Virtual bottles(low capacity alarms), precision up single drop!(important for Korallen Zucht/Aquaforest users where some liquids are calculated in drops/100 liters)
- digital temperature sensor
- 2pH electrode ports - which allow several configure options like:
a) 1 pH for controlling calcium reactor(it's dosing co2 using solenoid valve like in Kore 5th) - second for tank measure and alarm for too low pH in tank
b) 1 pH for controlling calcium - second to work with kH Lab for alkalinity measure and adjusting(by turning on/off solenoid in calcium reactor)
- automatic water change with dedicated DC AWC module(or 2 channels in doser)
- work with magnetic stirrer - mix liquids before the dose(like coral foods etc)
and many other options which will be explained/described in product manual..

We expect that product will be available for orders in next week - before endow January at least..
BR

Przemek

Last edited by Przemek_PacSun; 01/20/2018 at 11:37 AM.
Unread 02/02/2018, 04:24 PM   #1015
Syntax1325
Acro Addict

Latest firmware is very fast and stable! I'm using a tablet, I'm able to secure a solid connection with the doser from about 15 feet away through a wall and the tank cabinet... very happy with this update.

Current Tank Info: 180g sps dom, 40b sump, Reeflo Dart, Apex, Aquamaxx co2, Reefbrite mh/led pendants w/14k twinarcs, Kore 5th doser, Tunze ATO, Ranco controlling 800 watt Finnex tube, 2 Maxpect Gyre 150XF with Ice Cap Controllers and battery backup, Bean Animal drain
Syntax1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/02/2018, 06:20 PM   #1016
watsonj
10 & Over Club

doser will not shut off

I was calibrating pump#2 for the first time today as I was setting up for the first time and the screen went blank and the pump stayed running after 10min I unplugged the unit waited 5 min and plugged it back in.The screen flashed a bootloader message and then the time for a brief second and the screen then went blank and pump #2 runs continually I tried the reset button but it does the same thing and I can no longer connect to the doser via Bluetooth. What do I do?

watsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/02/2018, 06:28 PM   #1017
wcharon
Registered Member

I had to go back to previous version as when i changed pump settings it wasn't retaining the settings.

Reported to PS and they are working with a new version.

Unread 02/02/2018, 09:36 PM   #1018
watsonj
10 & Over Club

I am running the version that came with the unit. I need instructions to calibrate pumps as the manual does not match the software.

Unread 02/03/2018, 07:37 AM   #1019
watsonj
10 & Over Club

I can not find where you can download firmware updates, I can get to the software downloads and firmware update tool but where do you actually download the firmware files?

I am running Mac OSX version 1.7.96 software, when I try to calibrate it come with a pop-up box saying calibration started but nothing happens until I press the ok or return button. Sometimes the return button will result in the dosing pump selected outputting 4.5 ml of water sometimes not sometimes selecting the OK button will result in a 4.5 ml dose sometimes not. The stop calibration dialog never comes on and if I try to enter 4.5 ml as the dosed amount it accepts it and says calibration data saved but when I try to manually dose 20 ml the output will vary between 14ml and 19 ml.

How do I get to a usable unit that I do not have to live in fear of overdoses and other random meaningless acts of dosing errors due to the inability to calibrate the pumps?

It seems bizarre that you cannot have the app load the current doser settings without having to push several read buttons on each page literally you need to push 20 buttons to get the whole config loaded in the app with the OSX software LOL.

Last edited by watsonj; 02/03/2018 at 09:25 AM.
Unread 02/04/2018, 07:09 AM   #1020
watsonj
10 & Over Club

Przemyslaw thank you for the quick response via customer support on a weekend, it looks like I could have the wrong tubing installed for slow speed dosing going to get back home and check this morning and try again I just need to solve for the scrabbled screen after calibration that requires a reeboot after that.

Unread 02/04/2018, 08:20 AM   #1021
watsonj
10 & Over Club

Well that did not work I calibrate enter the value and it save but when I try to manual dose an amount it is incorrect but consistent I could play with the calibration amount to enter and get to the desired amount by trial and error but I would have no confidence in the dosed amount being consistent. when I dose 20 ml manually I result in a 19ml dose. I tried all speeds with both types of tubing with the same result.

Unread 02/04/2018, 09:12 AM   #1022
watsonj
10 & Over Club

I reloaded software and it looks like issues solved.

Unread 02/04/2018, 10:11 AM   #1023
doktorfisch
Registered Member

Hi,

I have been using the Kore. Last year it stopped dosing for some issue

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...&postcount=731

A couple of weeks ago I had another issue. It was not dosing at all. My corals have suffered a lot with low KH values untill I realised that the time on the display was frozen at 11:04. But the doser knew about the time and could dose with the application.

I have loaded the latest firmware and windows application. There is always the same issue with this doser, I have to use a firmware that is only a few days old. Why you do not make stable versions? I am expecting something very simple from the doser.

The new application works much worse for me than the old one: continuous freezing, I can only change a channel at a time. It is not possible to set channels to OFF. Some errors messages talk about a lamp, when I have a dosing pump, the display gets frozen, etc.

With all the errors I have uploaded the latest firmware but with very small confidence on this software again. I am not confident that an error will happen in a few weeks or months as it has happened since I use the doser . I am always praying that the doser will not download the full KH canister in the tank killing everything. I am sorry to say this, but may be you have to make a simple reliable version that does not crash.

Some pictures off the corals I have in the tank. I have a lot of effort put in this tank and cannot afford the frequent issues of the doser. This time KH dropped to 4,5 for some days. Same as with last issue.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...9ZS1lpemdxTDl3

Sorry again for having to tell this, but a more stable solution has to be found. Probably the problem is comming for supporting so many external devices and operating systems. Chinese dosers with built in displays do not have these issues.

Regards

doktorfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2018, 04:56 AM   #1024
Syntax1325
Acro Addict

I notice with the new firmware/software that I can only update one pump at a time. The first time I changed my doser settings pump #1 was the only one that changed, even though I had checked pumped 1-4. Checking on a single pump at a time and updating works.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 180g sps dom, 40b sump, Reeflo Dart, Apex, Aquamaxx co2, Reefbrite mh/led pendants w/14k twinarcs, Kore 5th doser, Tunze ATO, Ranco controlling 800 watt Finnex tube, 2 Maxpect Gyre 150XF with Ice Cap Controllers and battery backup, Bean Animal drain
Syntax1325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/17/2018, 02:44 PM   #1025
watsonj
10 & Over Club

I really like the magnetic stirrer and holder but I have been unable to find any 500 ml bottles that fit in the holes does anyone have some suggestions?

Tags
junk trash