Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/26/2017, 09:36 AM   #1
bjj_junkie
Registered Member

Custom odd build, hope you like!

Hello everyone, I figured I'd share with you guys my latest build. I'm not gonna get too detailed but my concept was too show off the inner workings of the tank. I figured why hide everything when theres still so much to the tank under the hood. I also like how you can make it look some type of laboratory to the untrained eye. The tank is small just 36"x12"x12" (just under 20gal). It's all acrylic, I had an acrylic shop cut the panels and I did everything else. It has a herbie overflow so it's very silent. The plumbing isn't the most practical way to plumb the tank but I liked how it looked. Any questions feel free to ask.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_1560.jpg (39.8 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1553.jpg (51.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1557.jpg (50.2 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1570.jpg (34.0 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_1573.jpg (41.3 KB, 39 views)
bjj_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/26/2017, 09:41 AM   #2
FishD@ddy
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjj_junkie View Post
Hello everyone, I figured I'd share with you guys my latest build. I'm not gonna get too detailed but my concept was too show off the inner workings of the tank. I figured why hide everything when theres still so much to the tank under the hood. I also like how you can make it look some type of laboratory to the untrained eye. The tank is small just 36"x12"x12" (just under 20gal). It's all acrylic, I had an acrylic shop cut the panels and I did everything else. It has a herbie overflow so it's very silent. The plumbing isn't the most practical way to plumb the tank but I liked how it looked. Any questions feel free to ask.

Very nice, Interesting stand setup. Very unique and the plumbing makes it look like hand rails. I'd like to look at wiring though. I couldn't see how you managed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishD@ddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/26/2017, 09:52 AM   #3
bjj_junkie
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishD@ddy View Post
Very nice, Interesting stand setup. Very unique and the plumbing makes it look like hand rails. I'd like to look at wiring though. I couldn't see how you managed that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you! Most of the wires are hidden underneath the lower wooden shelf. I had an extra 12"x12" acrylic panel and I used that as my control panel (you can see it in the front). Then I drilled a small hole in the lower wooden panel (similar to the one I made to pass the mp40 cable on the top panel) and then I just passed everything through there and through the bricks trying to keep it as little visible as possible. I'll take some pics once I get home if you'd still like to see but it's really nothing too elaborate. They're literally tapped to the underside of the lower wood for the most part lol.

bjj_junkie is offline   Reply With Quote