Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > West Tennessee Marine & Reef Aquarium Club
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/27/2006, 06:51 PM   #51
marcrothschild
Registered Member

Does anyone know where I can get some of those fans?

marcrothschild is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/27/2006, 07:55 PM   #52
FMarini
10 & Over Club

BShumake-
May I ask where you got the numbers for the percent offspring from the Picasso Osc clowns? I ask because I recall the numbers being something like 1:1000 being the misbarred phenotype of the "picasso" variety. I believe they mention misbarred clowns were like 1%- but misbarred could be-well just misbarred not the extensive barring of the picassos.
Lastly, the "naked" clowns had even lower transmission- I recall specifically he said on the order of 1:10,000 was naked (bar less)
Beautiful fish thou- really neat

Unread 09/28/2006, 05:04 AM   #53
bshumake
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by FMarini
BShumake-
May I ask where you got the numbers for the percent offspring from the Picasso Osc clowns? I ask because I recall the numbers being something like 1:1000 being the misbarred phenotype of the "picasso" variety. I believe they mention misbarred clowns were like 1%- but misbarred could be-well just misbarred not the extensive barring of the picassos.
Lastly, the "naked" clowns had even lower transmission- I recall specifically he said on the order of 1:10,000 was naked (bar less)
Beautiful fish thou- really neat
Well Richard and I were discussing the phenotype of a picasso earlier in the week and on a guess we came up with 2% being that it would have to be a co-dominant recessive gene. When I was talking to Vince about it he said that 1-2% of a breeding Picasso pair will have picasso children, leaving the other 99-98% to be Osc.

Current Tank Info: 90 Reef, 440W of T5, blah, blah
bshumake is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2006, 07:19 AM   #54
Coraldynamics
Moved On

Hi Richard! It was a pleasure meeting you at the show and I am glad you are happy with your corals. I see where you decided to drive to the show, we did as well. Seeing the country is nice, though getting there quick is a bonus sometimes. In this case it just made more sense for us to drive with all the equipment and livestock.

Here is a shot of the FragMobile we took to MACNA as well as a couple of other shots...

A water change on the road...it also helped to lighten the load on the van

Bugs were bad thru Alabama and Mississippi

A shot of the booth

And before you know it...it is all over and time to head home.

We had a blast meeting everyone and getting the opportunity to chat with Richard and the many attendees!

Looking forward to XIX

Coraldynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2006, 08:03 AM   #55
bshumake
Registered Member

Thanks for the pics Steve. How far was your drive that you needed to do a water change? Or were you just that crowded? I hit the bugs in Mississippi too. All my corals I got from you are looking great! Thank you so much! Now if only that daughter of yours was for sale......

Unread 09/28/2006, 08:19 AM   #56
Coraldynamics
Moved On

Quote:
Originally posted by bshumake
Thanks for the pics Steve. How far was your drive that you needed to do a water change? Or were you just that crowded? I hit the bugs in Mississippi too. All my corals I got from you are looking great! Thank you so much! Now if only that daughter of yours was for sale......
If she was my daughter I would gladly sell her. While I am old enough to have a child her age (and do) she is not one of them.

Glad your corals are doing well after the trip. Our drive was something like 18 hours. So we stopped for the night in La along I-12...the water changes were precautionary since there was such a mix of corals in the transport containers...Acros, Leathers, LPS, other sps....etc. It also helped to ditch some of the weight associated with the extra water we were carrying.

Coraldynamics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2006, 08:51 AM   #57
bshumake
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Coraldynamics
the water changes were precautionary since there was such a mix of corals in the transport containers...Acros, Leathers, LPS, other sps....etc. It also helped to ditch some of the weight associated with the extra water we were carrying.
Ahh. "I see," said the blind man to his deaf wife over the telephone.

Unread 09/28/2006, 08:55 AM   #58
bshumake
Registered Member

Sad news to report. The Ultra blue maxima I won at MACNA is dead. I have absolutely no idea what happend. Yesterday I got home from work and it was no longet pearched on its rock. So I looked and it was about 4" away in the sand on its side. I picked it up and the back (where the foot is) was open! And on the rock was what I thought were anchoring tissues. Well, it retracted when I picked it up and moved it to a frag/ quarentine tank in back. But this morning its all open and dead. Any ideas? I gave it a quick swish in coral dip when I got home. Not more that a minute at the longest. More like seconds. Think that did something to it?

Unread 09/28/2006, 09:08 AM   #59
OxInYourBox
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bshumake
19 hour drive on the way back (to my apt-Steve had 30 more mins I think) and we averaged 71.2mph which wasn't bad. The drive there was awful with traffic.

Buy her? You sure about that? Being her b/f I'll see what I can do about renting but something tells me I'll have a few broken bones tonight when she sees me.

Glad all the corals are doing great-What all did you get?

OxInYourBox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/28/2006, 09:29 AM   #60
bshumake
Registered Member

Red table, um, encrusting monti, blue tort I think, nice acan, and something else thats eluding me. I could swear I got a couple more too. My mind is going...

Unread 09/29/2006, 03:53 PM   #61
DrBegalke
Go Buckeyes!

Are those mounted fans or that maxi-jet mod for sale anywhere?
If so, please PM me and let me know! THANKS!

Current Tank Info: Latest project: JBJ Cubey
DrBegalke is offline   Reply With Quote