Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/07/2019, 10:28 AM   #1
Thierry05
Registered Member

My first (proper) reef tank : The femto 1L/0.2G reef

I recently bought a minicompletetank off of ebay, in the hopes of having a small, desktop coral garden that would be easy to maintain, and so far it is so good! While it is considered to be difficult to keep a small tank on such a small scale (1 litre/0.2 us gallon), this tank seems to make things much easier to do. The fact that half its capacity is devoted to a sump/filtration area probably being one of them. I currently have a gsp colony, two different clove polyp types, an unintended clam hitchhiker with a zoa colony as well as some xenias. However, the xenias are not in good shape and so I am not sure about their future.

Compared to the 25l tank I kept several years ago, I have had much less difficulty keeping things, especially since in the previous tank, i never got to growing corals due to huge algal problems and little access to that much saltwater. 2.2 gallons goes a long way with this little beast!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thierry05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2019, 10:35 AM   #2
Thierry05
Registered Member

I currently have the most interesting part of the clam facing away at the moment due to the sole mobile resident - a cerith snail, knocking it over! The xenia in the second and third pictures look very, very bad, and so is the one coral that didnt do so well in the tank (probably my mistake with acclimitisation).

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thierry05 is offline   Reply With Quote