Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/16/2015, 03:22 AM   #1
craigvh
Registered Member

Dreambox Bio-pellet reactor

This is my new RE 1.3 gallon bio-pellet reactor. I must say I'm impressed. This is built as well as their skimmers. It's only been on my system for a week now but already I can tell it's better than any other bio-pellet reactor out there. It is hooked up with a waveline 6000 (way turned down). With the others reactors I have tried the pellets clump together very soon. This reactor hasn't yet. It works flawlessly and I love how they designed it. I also love how the top screws on and doesn't need the screws on top like most.

I have mine hooked up externally. That was the only way I could set it up the way I wanted. The pump is in the return section after my skimmers. After the reactor it drains back into my filter socks and goes through my SM250. I still have my DC250 installed until my SM250 fully breaks in. WHich I feel like it did the first day after the skimmate I got.

craigvh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2015, 09:29 AM   #2
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Looks Great Craig. Did you thread, glue or just friction fit the pipe into the output of the reactor?

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/16/2015, 09:39 PM   #3
craigvh
Registered Member

I friction piped it. I wish there was also a pipe exiting the skimmer for people like me who were using it externally. I had to find an old pipe from one of my Coralvue reactors to fit in there.

Unread 12/17/2015, 12:45 AM   #4
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigvh View Post
I friction piped it. I wish there was also a pipe exiting the skimmer for people like me who were using it externally. I had to find an old pipe from one of my Coralvue reactors to fit in there.
Craig,
I spoke with our folks in Germany about that this morning, and we will bring some piping over soon, that could be glued in. We may even make it an option on the site at time of purchase. Just keep in mind, the size will be metric, if I'm not mistaken it's 20mm OD - I'll have to double check.

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/17/2015, 03:32 AM   #5
craigvh
Registered Member

That would be great if I could get a piece of red pipe for it. Keep me posted. Thanks

Unread 12/17/2015, 07:11 AM   #6
reefwiser
Registered Member

Nice looking reactor. All their stuff is well made.

September 23rd,2017 11 am till 3pm
Saint Thomas Fellowship hall,9616 Westport Road,Louisvi
reefwiser is offline   Reply With Quote