Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/18/2019, 12:15 PM   #1
gareth.hubbarde
Registered Member

Fluke solve

I on my other thread I talk about my tank and losing fish, thought it was ich but after discussion with you guys we think it's flukes. I added fluke solve today, 1g treats 250 litres which is about what my 300 litre tank has in it due to displacement. Skimmer went nuts as expected, turned air down, raised the cup etc, it's hang on skimmer so can just let it flow into sump. The instructions were vague with regards to how long to leave it for, 3 weeks is what it says, that's a bit long without water change isn't it? Read elsewhere that leave for 5 days, 20% water change then repeat, 5 days water change, carbon and reset. Has anyone used this and which method to do please? At the moment I'm going to leave it for 3 weeks, if I do water change then add a bit more to supplement what I take out. Any help be appreciated.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

gareth.hubbarde is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/18/2019, 01:00 PM   #2
nereefpat
Registered Member

Never heard of it. Looked it up, and it appears to be praziquantel. If you search for that, you'll find more information.

Standard for prazi pro is to dose, wait a few days, then dose again. I wouldn't worry about water changes. The first dose will kill any worms, but it won't necessarily get the eggs, hence the second dose a few days later. Don't run carbon or skim while using it.

Current Tank Info: 125 in-wall , 40b sump. 6 bulb T5. ASM G2 skimmer. LPS and leathers
nereefpat is offline   Reply With Quote