Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > GHL /ProfiLux / Mitras
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/19/2017, 03:14 PM   #1
jporter
Registered Member

Vortech controller not working

Guy's, I had the Vortech running just fine and all of a sudden it won't connect with my MP-40's. If displays error 7 for the second one. GHL control center won't let me delete the existing pumps and start over. The blue light on the contech box just flashes blue now. Please help. Jeff

jporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 01:17 PM   #2
Vinny@GHLUSA
Registered Member

When you say running just fine, does that mean you had the Vortech controller already assigned to your P4 and paired with your MP-40s?

Please post some screenshots so I can get a better look at the problem.

If you wanted to start over, you'd have to unpair the MP40 pumps and un-assign the Vortech controller from the P4.

Last edited by Vinny@GHLUSA; 06/20/2017 at 01:23 PM.
Vinny@GHLUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/20/2017, 01:37 PM   #3
jporter
Registered Member

They show the correct mode colors as programmed but they both appear with the same serial number on the Vortech overview page in Profilux. They also don't show a SW revision number, should they? I'd like to understand the correct screen that should display. Thanks. JP

Unread 06/28/2017, 05:49 PM   #4
cpllongjk
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jporter View Post
They show the correct mode colors as programmed but they both appear with the same serial number on the Vortech overview page in Profilux. They also don't show a SW revision number, should they? I'd like to understand the correct screen that should display. Thanks. JP
Jporter,

My vortech controller does the same thing but everything works as supposed to. I verified that everything is working correctly by going into the program for each pump and turning the pump off for a maintenance cycle. For instance, I put pump one on maintenance 1 and pump two on maintenance two. The correct pump shut down when I turned on the maintenance cycle so all is good.

Just make sure you have 255 as 100%. I ran my vortech module for months before I realized I was only running at 30%. In order to calculate the % you want your pumps at its .?x255=Pump Percentage. For instance if I want my pump at 80% then it would be 0.80x255 = 204 in the controller.

Jared

cpllongjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/28/2017, 06:26 PM   #5
jporter
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllongjk View Post
Jporter,

My vortech controller does the same thing but everything works as supposed to. I verified that everything is working correctly by going into the program for each pump and turning the pump off for a maintenance cycle. For instance, I put pump one on maintenance 1 and pump two on maintenance two. The correct pump shut down when I turned on the maintenance cycle so all is good.

Just make sure you have 255 as 100%. I ran my vortech module for months before I realized I was only running at 30%. In order to calculate the % you want your pumps at its .?x255=Pump Percentage. For instance if I want my pump at 80% then it would be 0.80x255 = 204 in the controller.

Jared
Jared, thanks for the response. I too have confirmed they are working as planned. I only wish they showed up with the correct SN and version number. After talking with Marco, I understood the power levels and he was very helpful. JP