Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/22/2020, 05:34 PM   #1
Brisbane Lion
Registered Member

Transport

Hi everyone

I have a 1000 litre aquarium that includes a refugium and of course a sump. I have a 6 inch deep sand bed and lots of live rock. I do not have any corals and only 4 cardinal fish. I need to move my setup to another house 2 hours away. Looking for advise on how to dismantle my system. What order to do it in, what should i keep and what would be best disposed of if anything.

Thanks in advance

Brisbane Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2020, 11:26 AM   #2
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

I'm no expert on this but maybe I can help a little.

The order: fish, water, rock, sand, plumbing, sump, gadgets, hood, tank, stand. Then reverse for setup.

Are you trying to do it all in a day? Will you set up a temporary tank for the fish while you rebuild? Will you re-do the plumbing or reconnect what you had? Now is a good time to make any system changes. Anything bugging you? NOW is the time to fix it.

Plastic trash cans (check for leaks) are great for hauling rocks and sand. Be sure not to overfill them, so you can lift them. Also you need buddies. Lure them with pizza and beer.

Hope this helps. I've seen some similar posts lately here on RC, so you may want to check those out. Good luck with your move!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/09/2020, 01:46 PM   #3
Brisbane Lion
Registered Member

Moving

Thank you so much. Very helpful

Kindest regards

Brisbane Lion is offline   Reply With Quote