Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Tunze
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/08/2018, 04:35 PM   #1
galoot
Registered Member

7095 issue

I have two new 6095's that I adjusted to run on my 7095.

Now all of a sudden my 7095 controller is bouncing back and forth between channels 1 and 2, regardless of what function it is on. It is running the pulse/int1/int2, but swapping back and forth between the two channels every second. All the while it appears to be running the program as well.

I tried unplugging everything for 5 minutes, still doing it.

I researched to see if there is another way to reset it or if I put it in some other mode by chance. Couldn't find anything.

Please help.

Thanks

galoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2018, 03:02 PM   #2
galoot
Registered Member

did some more troubleshooting. seems to only do this when i select "1-60min" time setting. the seconds and hours work fine

Unread 12/10/2018, 10:39 AM   #3
rvitko
RC Sponsor

So in 1-60 min, it switches between channels at faster than the set time? One possibility would be that new 6095s that have the built in 7090 need a calibration to work with an older 7095 or 7096, otherwise it will not recognize low speeds and may stop or stall. How old is the 7095?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oaFUu7KW8qE

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/10/2018, 10:43 PM   #4
galoot
Registered Member

Yes. it switches back and forth, every second, between the channels independent of the selected function.

I did the calibration as stated. Out of the box, the pumps wouldn't run under 60%. Now they run at 30-100%

So say the interval is ramping up and down like it normally would, the controller is just bouncing back and forth.

But it's fine with the other time settings.

Another issue it now has as well is with the food timer. It will shut the pumps down, but not restart them after 8-10 min.

weird right?

Unread 12/11/2018, 10:06 AM   #5
rvitko
RC Sponsor

Is the controller older? The food timer is going to be one of two issues, under the keypad is a momentary switch, with age and use the membrane can deflect downward and hold the momentary switch, in this case, loosening the screws on the back a turn or two usually solves it by giving the button room to pop back. The other possibility is usually not going to come into play unless it is more than 8 years old, the capacitor which runs the food timer is failing. This could be the same cause for the interval but would be a different capacitor. Basically the way these timers work is that a capacitor is charged and the time it takes to discharge sets the time.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Unread 12/11/2018, 05:44 PM   #6
galoot
Registered Member

it's an older 7095, probably close to the 8 years you stated, maybe older.

I'll take a look at the switch

It's just funny to me that everything was working fine while running the 6105's. I change to the 6095's, and stuff goes wrong! =)

Unread 12/12/2018, 11:00 AM   #7
rvitko
RC Sponsor

If you need this timing and features and cannot resolve it, while the 7095 is a very old model, it is still available and I would be happy to discount a replacement.