Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/10/2017, 04:03 PM   #1
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up VIDEO: Marine Depot Elite Sumps

VIDEO: Marine Depot Elite Sumps

Be sure to watch this episode all the way until the end!

MarineDepot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/11/2017, 08:02 PM   #2
EdKruzel
Premium Member

This is on my watch list. It looks like a great sump, great features, however, it does look a little like the quality of an Aquamaxx skimmer.

I've bought almost exclusively from MD for my saltwater needs, and have received great advice/reviews on equipment until I asked about comparing an Aquamaxx to a Reef Octopus. I was told they're very comparable, practically the same skimmer.

By that logic, a Toyota Yaris is practically the same car as the Dodge Hellcat. (Anybody want an Aquamaxx ConeS, 2mths use?)

Back to the sump, if I can see one, and it's of quality, I'll be adding the 36'' to my new 180 build. For $600, I can't get burnt again.

Current Tank Info: 65RR Cube Mixed Reef
EdKruzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/12/2017, 10:14 AM   #3
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKruzel View Post
This is on my watch list. It looks like a great sump, great features, however, it does look a little like the quality of an Aquamaxx skimmer.

I've bought almost exclusively from MD for my saltwater needs, and have received great advice/reviews on equipment until I asked about comparing an Aquamaxx to a Reef Octopus. I was told they're very comparable, practically the same skimmer.

By that logic, a Toyota Yaris is practically the same car as the Dodge Hellcat. (Anybody want an Aquamaxx ConeS, 2mths use?)

Back to the sump, if I can see one, and it's of quality, I'll be adding the 36'' to my new 180 build. For $600, I can't get burnt again.
Thank you so much for shopping with us! Some thoughts:
  1. You are likely to receive different feedback about any given product depending on which member of our staff you are speaking with. I know I have my own personal brand preferences! I assume when any member of our team is relaying their opinion about a product it is based on their own experience with that product (if any), what we hear about that product from customers/forums/blogs/social media, and sales volume (popularity). I think if you're looking for multiple opinions about a product, a forum like RC is great place to do that! Since we're chatting, I will also welcome you to email our marketing team at social@marinedepot.com. We are happy to ask a few people internally for their takes on a product. It may be easier to see if our staff has formed a general consensus about a product that way. Which skimmers were deemed comparable? Now I am curious!
  2. Marine Depot sumps were built by Trigger Systems and have no affiliation with AquaMaxx.

Unread 07/13/2017, 07:12 AM   #4
EdKruzel
Premium Member

Thank you for the response. I originally wanted an Octopus, but MD was running a great sale on AquaMaxx at the time, and I believe that's why I received the sales pitch from your sales person. I was told he was familiar with both brands, and as I've stated, he said they were comparable. The 202 is a beast compared to the Q2, and the materials aren't even close.

I've had to replace two broken parts on that skimmer in only 2mths of use because of the cheap materials, and couldn't get as much as a $5 discount coupon.

I don't ask for discounts, or free stuff, I wait for sales when possible. I do remember customer service. Again, I'm giving away a skimmer I paid $200+.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170713_092053.jpg (27.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by EdKruzel; 07/13/2017 at 07:27 AM.
Unread 07/13/2017, 09:03 AM   #5
MarineDepot
Sponsor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKruzel View Post
Thank you for the response. I originally wanted an Octopus, but MD was running a great sale on AquaMaxx at the time, and I believe that's why I received the sales pitch from your sales person. I was told he was familiar with both brands, and as I've stated, he said they were comparable. The 202 is a beast compared to the Q2, and the materials aren't even close.

I've had to replace two broken parts on that skimmer in only 2mths of use because of the cheap materials, and couldn't get as much as a $5 discount coupon.

I don't ask for discounts, or free stuff, I wait for sales when possible. I do remember customer service. Again, I'm giving away a skimmer I paid $200+.
Thank you for your response. Would you mind sending me a PM with a recent order # (any one is fine)? I would like to take a look at your account.

Thanks!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Unread 07/13/2017, 07:50 PM   #6
EdKruzel
Premium Member

PM sent

Unread 07/14/2017, 08:44 AM   #7
MarineDepot
Sponsor