Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/01/2019, 01:23 PM   #1
CoralReeferGal
Registered Member

Blue Spiny Lobster

Sorry if this isnt the right category... I couldnt figure out which sub forum would be the best place to post! Weve been talking about getting a blue spiny lobster from the LFS, but want to make sure hed be a good fit. I know, I need to update my signature... but our current livestock includes: a purple reef lobster who I'm not even positive is still alive because hes been hiding in the rock for almost 2 years, 2 ocellaris clowns, 5 green chromis, a sea cucumber and a mandarin dragonette... the manager at the store said these lobsters usually find a rock they like, and hang out in one spot, and arent much of a threat to tank mates. Anyone with personal experience to back that up, before I buy him? TIA!!

Unread 09/02/2019, 05:29 AM   #2
j.falk
Registered Member

LiveAquaria has them listed as semi aggressive and not reef safe. They also note that it grows to be 1 foot 2 inches. Not so sure I would recommend putting that with smaller peaceful fish.

https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/546/?pcatid=546

j.falk is offline   Reply With Quote