Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Bulk Reef Supply
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/12/2017, 05:19 PM   #1
Pseudo69
Registered Member

Innovative Marine 14g Peninsula

Hi,

Would either of the Tunze Comline 9001 or 9004 skimmers fit/work inside of the Innovative Marine 14 gallon peninsula tank? If not what other skimmers are available that will fit?

Also would the Ecotech Marine XR15 Pro be too much lighting for this (SPS only) tank?

Thanks

Pseudo69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2017, 09:10 AM   #2
Randy_BRS
Registered Member

Hey there!

It looks like neither of those skimmers will fit in the chambers of the 14gal Peninsula. As they are too wide for any chamber. I measured a 14gal we have here in the office and with the EcoTech bracket in the center, the only available chamber for a skimmer measures a little over 2.5" and under 3", which won't even fit the Innovative Marine Ghost Desktop skimmer.

Honestly, for these nano/pico tanks I think a skimmer is unnecessary. In most cases, the low bioload you can have in these small tanks lend themselves to water changes being the most effective nutrient export. A 10%-15% water change should easily control dissolved organics and the nutrients they may produce.

As for the Radion, I think the XR15 is a decent fit, but can be overkill. I doubt you will have it anywhere near 60%-100%. The 14gal peninsula tank we have in Brian's cubicle has an XR15 and his max intensity is around 35%.

-Randy

Randy_BRS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/15/2017, 09:27 PM   #3
Pseudo69
Registered Member

You are the Greatest Randy. I love BRS. You guys actually have the product to test instead of me just buying and hoping for the best.

Questions:
1. What IM filter media tray fits in the 14g peninsula?
2. What other IM products can be used with this tank if any?
3. The Pico Evo-Mag Circulation Pump 180 is $26 but I saw it for $20 elsewhere, do you guys price match. Is it a good fit for this tank?
4. Would you happen to have a Pic of your office Peninsula tank? I would love to see what else I can buy/do for this tank that I haven't thought of.

I have another order I am about to make and would love to get it all from you instead of 2 places. I love big boxes of goodies

Thanks

Last edited by Pseudo69; 05/15/2017 at 09:35 PM.
Pseudo69 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05/18/2017, 03:47 PM   #4
Randy_BRS
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo69 View Post
You are the Greatest Randy. I love BRS. You guys actually have the product to test instead of me just buying and hoping for the best.

Questions:
1. What IM filter media tray fits in the 14g peninsula?
2. What other IM products can be used with this tank if any?
3. The Pico Evo-Mag Circulation Pump 180 is $26 but I saw it for $20 elsewhere, do you guys price match. Is it a good fit for this tank?
4. Would you happen to have a Pic of your office Peninsula tank? I would love to see what else I can buy/do for this tank that I haven't thought of.

I have another order I am about to make and would love to get it all from you instead of 2 places. I love big boxes of goodies

Thanks

Sorry for the late one here.

1) The Desktop sized baskets are properly fitted to this tank and it comes with the Desktop filter sock
2) You could easily fit the Minimax Desktop reactor in the chambers, but honestly I think a filter sock is more than enough filtration when coupled with 50% water changes! ( I only use a filter sock on my Nuvo 40 SPS dominate).
3) We definitely pricematch direct competitors! You'll have to give the CS team a quick call to get that done.
4) I've posted it on Instagram once or twice, but I'll be sure to get it on there again in the near future!

-Randy

Randy_BRS is online now   Reply With Quote