Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/16/2017, 01:41 AM   #551
robbous
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSun Service View Post
@gcarroll - We never refused ANY warranty to customer if there was not obviously damage caused by customer (like lamp droped in to tank, or broken acrylic element when device was droped by customer on concrete floor).

Even more we replace/repair for free devices which in light on warranty law don't have to do it. Please ask each user on this thread that we ever refused to help to repair/replace their devices.
We have replaced whole damaged in transport Calc feeder to wishntoboutside on our own cost as he not checked package with courier when it was delivered to him and courier company refused our warranty claim for this shipping. We have replaced damaged impeller of Aquabee pump (where ONLY way to damage it is sucking by pump piece of media and blocking impeller). We had issue with tubings in few first dosing pumps for Calc feeders - we have repalced all tubings to any customer which ask for it even if their tubing was not damaged and we have also replaced damaged controlers if water from damaged tubing get inside controller.

We allways stay behind our products and not leave ANY customer without help even warranty on his device is end already. We also had cases when customers of other brands asked us for help with configuration of their devices - we not refused to help as we are not only aquaristic equipment producers but also aquarists and when we can help, we do it with pleasure.

Regarding damaged seam between acrylic lid and tube in media chamber - as I told before we use the same way of connections in ALL our acrylic equipment, we have made tousands of acrylic equipment (we produce also equipment for other aquaristic brand) and have no problem with this.

There is silicone o-ring washer between lid and ring on top of chamber. When You tight screws too much o-ring works as lever - one side of lid is tighten by screws and other goes up. It make much tension on conncted elements and seal broke. If All screws would be the same (client mixed hex head screws and thumb screws on one lid) this would not happen. But there was one screw tighten till max by key and other was loose - tighten only by fingers.

If there is any customer which need help with his equipment please send mail at service@pacific-sun.eu - it would allow us to help us faster than here on forum.

Best regards
Pacific Sun Service
He's correct they replaced a couple of things on my reactor at no cost to me I'm very pleased with their customer service not just for the reactor but for their doser which I also own and their lamps.

Current Tank Info: 500 Gallon display tank 200 gallon basement sump
robbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2017, 02:36 PM   #552
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishntoboutside View Post
where to start.... yes my reactor is down, broken and unusable once again. Perhaps it could have been my fault but then again I was never instructed where to put the hex screws and even mentioned to Thomasz, service guy, that I only got 10 and not 20 for my AC4 if he would of replied this could have prevented it. Instead every time something goes wrong you chose immediately to blame your customer, some of this was even done via insults like all of us do not know what we are doing.
You constantly keep bringing up the Fed x damage issue. I notified you with in 10 minutes of receiving the package. As I have told you again and again until I am blue in the face. Here in America the fed x driver delivers packages and pretty much runs to there van to make deliveries as they work very hard and do not have time to mingle. your package came bubble wrapped so it was hard to see I rip in the box until I removed all of it. All of us who have ordered product from you know that removing the bubble wrap is more of a task and not easily done as you do a good job trying to protect you products. Unfortunately it still came damaged. So I get blamed for not notifying you immediately then after this I get blamed for not giving you any pictures. If I recall you posted my pictures of it earlier in this thread. You also keep telling me that you have sold thousands of these products.. well I feel this is untrue. I have searched all over the web for vendors that carry your product. I believe I found coral wonders in EU selling it and not others. Yes Deepwater Aquatics carries it and they are also selling them under salty supply on ebay. I do not see them at BRS, Premium Aquatics, Aquarium Specialty, Marine Depot, Saltwater Aquarium or any other large on line company. If your product was sold thru other channels or companies I would be able to find out more about it. Most hits are all under ************. Yet you continue to tell me you have sold thousands of these and my problems are unique.
Is it odd that my original reactor that was damaged in shipping leaked at the bottom seam and now my replacement leaks at the top? I could be wrong but both of these issues deal with acrylic bonding and glue normally when this is done this joint becomes stronger via chemical bonding with the glue.
Is it standard practice to insult or put blame on your customers when issue arrive? Not once did anyone say hmm maybe something went wrong to cause the impeller to go bad. These do run hot and make the impellers soft. No instant blame instead. There is a plastic screen in place above the bio balls that should prevent this especially when using large media and the media still new and not all broken down yet. There are also known issues with these pumps and Deltec reactors as I addressed this to you even prior to my purchase and asked for unions if I needed to replace it. Yes you did provide me the unions. Thank you. I should have made of video of the impeller broken and taken everything apart to prove it. my mistake.
Prior to my going to NY for Reefapoolza I was advised by Deepwater Aquatics that they would help me with this issue. Now after a few emails and calls all I here is crickets on the other side. After 2 to 3 weeks I had to reach Thomas for the lid since Deepwater did not deliver then parts came after I had to ask for an update. I put the new lid on the reactor and the seam of the top of my reactor leaked. Not once have I been offered a resolution from you just insults so instead of this I had to try to take matters in my own hands.
Each time something goes wrong with this unit we have to wait, send another email for an update for parts and such. Yes you do support your products but the time and aggravation that we all go thru to get this makes it not worth it at the end of the day.
When I first ordered this product I was excited, proud and happy to have the product as it was something new and the concept of it was very unique. Now for me I will say this is my worst every aquarium purchase that I have every bought in my 20 plus years of having aquariums. I am not new to calcium reactors as I have set up Korillan, Aquamax, Knop, Deltec and perhaps a few others when I had a service company. I really should not have all of these problems.
With all said and done you have still not offered any type of resolution to me. This is why I am trying to resolve it other ways. I have sent you emails and these turn into arguments like with ones significant others, and things still not being resolved.
I am happy that some are having good success with your product as they should for the money spent. Others I know thru Via pms on sites are still having issues on set up, instructions and dependability.

Here is a video of the leak for those that want to view it. I was first told that you were unable to view it but Thomasz could. I had some help with this so it is now a youtube video. hopefully this will make it easier to review.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h19I5f...ature=youtu.be

I am back to my Bubble Magus dosing set up, which has never let me down as of yet just not the direction I wanted to take on my large aquarium.

Is the leak coming between the seal or is it a bad weld (joint)from acrylic body (clear) to the top piece (white)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mrtint is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2017, 04:01 PM   #553
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtint View Post
Is the leak coming between the seal or is it a bad weld (joint)from acrylic body (clear) to the top piece (white)

It is coming from between the flange and the cylinder.

On his first reactor it was coming from between the base and the cylinder.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
gcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2017, 04:04 PM   #554
HippieSmell
Occupy Reef Central

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarroll View Post

I wonder if some thin/watery weld-on could fix it.

Current Tank Info: 78"x36"x27" acrylic, 6 Orphek Atlantik V3+ Compacts, MRC Orca Pro II w/washdown, CalcFeeder Pro AC3, Emperor Aquatics 80w UV, 80/20 aluminum stand, Vortech MP60's, Theiling Rollermat, GHL Profilux 3.1T EX, Kessil H380
HippieSmell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/17/2017, 04:04 PM   #555
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtint View Post

This is why I suggested that there is a problem with the seam.

Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...
Unread 07/17/2017, 05:18 PM   #556
gcarroll
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieSmell View Post
I wonder if some thin/watery weld-on could fix it.
Possibly, but shouldn't it be don't properly in the first place when you pay $1500+? Heck for that price I would also expect hot air welds just like any other acrylic product in that price range.

Unread 07/17/2017, 06:43 PM   #557
Ted_C
Registered Member

Greg: both defects were clearly the result of damage through shipping the first time / improper tightening of the lid the second time. to leave out these details as you criticize this manufacturer is not being fair. I also don't think it's fair that you criticize without owning the product - but that's just my opinion.

Unread 07/17/2017, 08:40 PM   #558
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarroll View Post
Possibly, but shouldn't it be don't properly in the first place when you pay $1500+? Heck for that price I would also expect hot air welds just like any other acrylic product in that price range.

Still a $2 bottle of acrylic weld would make it go away. The AC4 is huge so just knocking it over could break the weld

Unread 07/17/2017, 08:56 PM   #559
biecacka
Registered Member

It probably would fix it. But what I think gcarroll is saying (and I'm not taking sides) but for the price of them they could be made better. I run a GEO custom skimmer and i have dropped it and knocked it around with no side effects on it. It still looks as good as new. I think that's his point.
Like I said, I don't own one and am impartial to them at the time, but I think he was more saying for the price, could they be manufactured better? My GEO was less money and they are known for their craftsmanship.

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/18/2017, 04:28 AM   #560
PacSun Service
Registered Member

Hello.

Let us clarify one thing about first Richard Calc feeder - it was damaged in transport and we know about leakage in bottom since Richard first start it. Despite there was no damage protocol filed and Fedex refused our warranty claim for this shipping we have replaced this Calc feeder for Richard and there was no leak in top of media chamber for few months sinde hex screws was used and tighten too hard.
We have already gived offer for replace this second Calc Feeder for Richard but he refused it and start PayPal dispute. We are still open to cooperate and find solution of this case.

Best regards

Pacific Sun Service

PacSun Service is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/18/2017, 10:31 AM   #561
wishntoboutside
professional snow flake

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacSun Service View Post
Hello.

Let us clarify one thing about first Richard Calc feeder - it was damaged in transport and we know about leakage in bottom since Richard first start it. Despite there was no damage protocol filed and Fedex refused our warranty claim for this shipping we have replaced this Calc feeder for Richard and there was no leak in top of media chamber for few months sinde hex screws was used and tighten too hard.
We have already gived offer for replace this second Calc Feeder for Richard but he refused it and start PayPal dispute. We are still open to cooperate and find solution of this case.

Best regards

Pacific Sun Service
Let me clarify that you were advised minutes of the damage package arrived as well as photos were sent to you as well. I also even started a claim while away to assist this. Of course it did not work out in your favor as you keep mentioning this issue and will not move past it.
Lets also mention for this unit to break in similar ways it shows that the weak link is in the glue and construction of things otherwise neither of these would have never even happened.
You have never offered to replace the second one personally. That was a gesture be Deepwater Aquatics. They have not responded to any of my calls or emails since the offer was made. Due to this I did dispute attempt to dispute things but after emails going back and forth they are not assisting me either. you have only mentioned how much shipping cost are and how it is hard to spend the money on this due to margins and shipping cost going into the united states.
Are you going to MACNA? I can bring the product there to review it if needed. let me know as I would love to have a discussion over this over a drink or something.

Current Tank Info: 450 gallon peninsula tank 72*48*30 filled with a bunch of frags and trying to grow them out.

Last edited by wishntoboutside; 07/18/2017 at 11:09 AM.
wishntoboutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/18/2017, 10:49 AM   #562
Johnseye
Reef Addict

@wishntoboutside, @gcarroll, @ksed and others

I was one of the first to buy the PacSun Calcfeeder Pro reactor. Yes, I had some problems. Some were due to me learning as this was my first CaRx. Another was due to it being a new product, and another was due to the Aquabee.

These kinds of problems are not uncommon in this hobby. I've had problems with Neptune, with Ecotech and countless other manufacturers. I've received the same verification of root cause from them as I have with PacSun. Am I upset when it breaks down? Hell yes and I usually start blaming the vendor first. There's a lot of livestock at stake. Then I cool down.

I don't see PacSun providing any different level of service from other vendors. They have their verification process to follow. I've damaged equipment before (not PacSun's) and it wasn't the vendor's responsibility to replace what I broke for free. Would I like it replaced for free even if I broke it? Sure, who wouldn't. But they shouldn't have to do that. No company should pay for my mistakes.

Despite my rocky start with this reactor it's rock solid now. I would buy one again especially knowing what I know now. Ask me in a year from now if it's still true.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Johnseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/18/2017, 11:19 AM   #563
gcarroll
Registered Member

Guys, a properly glued acrylic join will not fail at the joint. It is that simple! That bond is typically stronger than the acrylic itself. This is what you guys are failing to address. This is the problem with the "post Jebao" side of the hobby. We have come to accept mediocre craftsmanship and just feel these things happen.

These things don't "just happen" with products from other acrylic manufacturers. Really, how many of these reactors have been sold here in the US (I say US because other data sources would probably be in another language)? less than 50? we know of at least 3 verified leaks from the 15-20 or so members that on forums that have the reactor. So you tell me, what rate of failure is acceptable? I ask that question all the time in Jebao threads and it always goes without answer.

Unread 07/18/2017, 11:36 AM   #564
biecacka
Registered Member

I am not taking any sides, I don't have a horse in the race. I own GEO stuff including a custom acrylic tank from him and I chose acrylic for the reason gcarroll mentioned above...a properly glued joint is very strong. Now, I am not saying incidents and accidents don't happen.

I only commented in this manner to say that I thought the issue that was being brought up by gcarroll was more on the side of for the money spent on these, he would expect better.

thats all.
you can scroll back pages and see my posts of possible interest in buying one of these as they seem to be similar in concept to a Dastaco which are famous for their ease of use and craftsmanship. and price

corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/21/2017, 03:09 PM   #565
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishntoboutside View Post
Let me clarify that you were advised minutes of the damage package arrived as well as photos were sent to you as well. I also even started a claim while away to assist this. Of course it did not work out in your favor as you keep mentioning this issue and will not move past it.
Lets also mention for this unit to break in similar ways it shows that the weak link is in the glue and construction of things otherwise neither of these would have never even happened.
You have never offered to replace the second one personally. That was a gesture be Deepwater Aquatics. They have not responded to any of my calls or emails since the offer was made. Due to this I did dispute attempt to dispute things but after emails going back and forth they are not assisting me either. you have only mentioned how much shipping cost are and how it is hard to spend the money on this due to margins and shipping cost going into the united states.
Are you going to MACNA? I can bring the product there to review it if needed. let me know as I would love to have a discussion over this over a drink or something.
Dear Richard,
I'm sorry for late reply - I was out from office in this week.
It wasn't gesture of Deepwater 0 it was our offer placed to DW after discussion about that whats happened with your reactor and how we can solve it. DW informed us that will arrange everything with you and help in delivery.
I didn't know that DeepWater not replied to your phones/mails.
Tomasz asked them few times about your case(decision) - with no reply about your decision.

We took decision to send new reactor body to DW for your free replacement(on our cost) - the old one will be left in USA for demo purposes or something other.
It should arrive to USA soon(within next week) - so DW will arrange shipping to you and you should get new replacement very soon.
Yes, I will visit Macna this year and I will be glad to meet with you and discuss everything personally over a drink - why not ;-)
I hope that now everything will be fine - and we will can discuss about all everything not only about that unfortunate accidents which happened to you.

Best regards - and hope to see you there

Przemysław Cybulski

Przemek_PacSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/24/2017, 05:15 PM   #566
wishntoboutside
professional snow flake

Hello Przemyslaw,
I appreciate your help with this and want to thank you for this. I will wait for Deepwater to reach out to meat this point. I do look forward to meeting you as I think this will be good for both of us. See you at MACNA and hopefully by then the reactor will be up and running again by then.

Current Tank Info: 450 gallon peninsula tank 72*48*30 filled with a bunch of frags and trying to grow them out.
wishntoboutside is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/28/2017, 04:31 PM   #567
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@Richard
So we are set! ;-)

Improtant information:
There is new firmware update which fix issue with CO2 alarm error(too long CO2 dose).
It can be downloaded directly from our website:

http://pacific-sun.eu/download/

There is manual how that firmware update should be done(using dedicated software):

http://pacific-sun.eu/firmware_update/
(for CalcFeeder PRO controller it can be made only by Windows/Mac OS app - not by Android).
Any questions - we are here for help - service@pacific-sun.eu

Regards

Przemek

Unread 08/05/2017, 04:21 PM   #568
Ted_C
Registered Member

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_C View Post
I have to say - I am beyond disappointed in Deepwater Aquatics and their handling of my order.

I ordered an AC4 and a degassing chamber on Jun 3rd through my LFS - which orders from DA all the time. Rest assured - that order went over to DA the following Monday. I put $500 down as good faith.

I talked to the LFS last week and according to DA - the order was sitting in customs and I should have it this week - so I paid off the balance of what I owed since DA was charging the LFS (and that's a considerable chunk of change to be fronting by a small brick and mortar store). This week comes and goes and no Calcium reactor. According to the LFS - DA lost some sales people last week and no one ever replied back to the repeated email inquiries. DA tried to pawn off a smaller calcium reactor they had in their inventory but the LFS didn't go for it.

So while I always champion supporting the brick and mortar stores - do yourself a favor and order directly from the Pacific Sun. Until DA get's their act together, they are an unreliable avenue to pursue for Pacific Sun products.
9 weeks after ordering, I am still waiting for my Calcium Reactor. They tell me it should clear customs next week so another three to 4 days for shipping after it clears customs depending on which customs port it's sitting at.

Did it take the rest of you to get it in 10 weeks?

Unread 08/06/2017, 01:42 PM   #569
mrtint
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted_C View Post
9 weeks after ordering, I am still waiting for my Calcium Reactor. They tell me it should clear customs next week so another three to 4 days for shipping after it clears customs depending on which customs port it's sitting at.

Did it take the rest of you to get it in 10 weeks?

I was at about 8 weeks but I ordered directly from pacific sun. I think they had to build. Then test for leaks. Then pack and ship international. Once out of manufacturers hands there isn't a whole lot anybody can do about customs.
I will say I have ordered and called deepwater many times and have never been disappointed with any products or customer service they have supplied

Unread 08/06/2017, 03:18 PM   #570
Przemek_PacSun
Registered Member

@Ted_C
Please contact with me directly - p.cybulski at pacific-sun.eu

BR

Przemek

Unread 08/08/2017, 07:39 AM   #571
robbous
Registered Member

Been awhile since i posted here but since having Pacific sun support take over my laptop via team viewer to install the newest firmware for my Calc Feeder AC4 my reactor is running again with no issues. in my experience with pacific sun since 2009 when i purchased their first lamp they went to market with they have always been very very fair with me and their customer support has always worked with me on getting whatever issue i was having with either there lamps,5th Kore Doser and calc feeder pro. sure i may have been frustrated with some of my issues both my fault or fault of the product but it always was dealt with professionally.

Current Tank Info: 500 Gallon display tank 200 gallon basement sump
robbous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2017, 06:02 AM   #572
LQT
Registered Member

So... how does everyone like the controller? Looking at the Calcfeeder Pro controller and stepper motor pump to feed my GEO CaRx. Anyone using the stand alone controller / pump to feed a different brand of reactor?

Deep Blue 57 Edge ATI Acro Garden Build Thread
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25573384#post25573384

Current Tank Info: DeepBlue 57 Edge
LQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2017, 01:48 PM   #573
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQT View Post
So... how does everyone like the controller? Looking at the Calcfeeder Pro controller and stepper motor pump to feed my GEO CaRx. Anyone using the stand alone controller / pump to feed a different brand of reactor?
Now that I've sorted the couple issues I was having it's great. Rock solid stable.

New 260g build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2557715

Current Tank Info: 260g reef, Giesemann Spectra MH/T5/Kessil A160, Dastaco CaRx, Vortechs, Lifereef skimmer, Red Dragon 3, Apex, Genesis, Angles, Tang, Trigger, Clowns, Anthias, Wrasses, Cardinals, SPS, LPS
Unread 08/17/2017, 01:55 PM   #574
LQT
Registered Member

How have the tubes been holding up? I read back on page 16 or so about the tubing not lasting too long and splitting due to wear from the rollers. Are you using the replacement tubing and how readily are spares available? Do these have to be sourced from PacSun or can we buy the pharmed tubing from a place like US Plastic? I appreciate your insight as used brushless Masterflex pumps are going for $800+.

Deep Blue 57 Edge ATI Acro Garden Build Thread
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=25573384#post25573384

Current Tank Info: DeepBlue 57 Edge
LQT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/17/2017, 03:13 PM   #575
Johnseye
Reef Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LQT View Post
How have the tubes been holding up? I read back on page 16 or so about the tubing not lasting too long and splitting due to wear from the rollers. Are you using the replacement tubing and how readily are spares available? Do these have to be sourced from PacSun or can we buy the pharmed tubing from a place like US Plastic? I appreciate your insight as used brushless Masterflex pumps are going for $800+.
That was one of my issues. The replacement tube sent to me is still in place and working fine. They also sent me a spare, but I think their first batch of tubing had issues. It's basic tubing and if you get the diameter right you could probably use anything.