Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
Thread Tools
Old 03/05/2017, 04:56 PM   #2501
truepercs
Registered Member
 
truepercs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: MI
Posts: 157
I did not have the V2 setting correct. All set now!


__________________
Truepercs...
truepercs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/08/2017, 10:16 AM   #2502
hartin461
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: northeast
Posts: 121
Does anyone happen to know the thread size of the middle mount on the a360?


hartin461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2017, 08:03 AM   #2503
mpierce
Registered Member
 
mpierce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: EC, WI
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartin461 View Post
Does anyone happen to know the thread size of the middle mount on the a360?
M10. I've bought nylon ones on eBay for a custom mount of my kessils.


__________________
40B / 20L sump, custom stand - Kessil A160WE, RO 110 classic, Kalk dosing, Apex, MP10QD
http://www.tcmas.org/v4/forums/showthread.php?49391-Pierce-s-40-breeder

120 - RETIRED
mpierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2017, 08:45 AM   #2504
hartin461
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: northeast
Posts: 121
Thanks ,but mine ended up being 5mm on the a360we..Took a camera mount and hung my lights with those. Had to grind the thread on one end and use a die to rethread to 5mm. Came out pretty good.
Will get some pics after I get the wires run the way I want.


hartin461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2017, 10:25 AM   #2505
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 11,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartin461 View Post
Does anyone happen to know the thread size of the middle mount on the a360?
It is 5mm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpierce View Post
M10. I've bought nylon ones on eBay for a custom mount of my kessils.
That is incorrect. The hole in the center of the light is an M5/5mm not 10mm.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2017, 10:26 AM   #2506
slief
RC Sponsor

 
slief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Simi Valley, Ca
Posts: 11,394
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartin461 View Post
Thanks ,but mine ended up being 5mm on the a360we..Took a camera mount and hung my lights with those. Had to grind the thread on one end and use a die to rethread to 5mm. Came out pretty good.
Will get some pics after I get the wires run the way I want.
Make sure the screw doesn't go too far into the light as the fan is very close to the top of the can and the screw can prevent the fan from spinning. As such, double check to make sure the fan is spinning. If it's not, you light will fail prematurely.


__________________
Director Customer Support Royal Exclusiv USA
For All Royal Exclusiv & Bubble King questions please refer to our Sponsor forum: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=745

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2017, 12:03 PM   #2507
hartin461
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: northeast
Posts: 121
Thanks Slief,
Was very careful to keep the thread short like the hanger that comes with it. Also why I didn`t just tap the hole to match the camera mount. Would of had to disassemble the light and void the warranty


hartin461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/13/2017, 09:59 PM   #2508
girlygears13
Registered Member
 
girlygears13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Deland, Fl
Posts: 116
Might have missed it, but is anyone running the A80's? Thinking about setting up two for a Nuvo 20. I'd love to hear how they do!


__________________
It's not rocket surgery...

Current Tank Info: In the planning stages..
girlygears13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2017, 10:23 AM   #2509
Smokeeye123
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2
Hey guys, so Im setting up a 29g long. (30in across) and I was looking at the Kessils. Would I have better sucess with 2 of the Kessil 160 models or 1 of the A360WE? The A360WE has more power which is good because my tank is about 19in deep but the two 160s would prevent the 4-6in of shadows that I think i might get with one A360WE.


Smokeeye123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2017, 10:38 AM   #2510
ycnibrc
Registered Member
 
ycnibrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, California
Posts: 1,688
360we can cover max 24x24 u will have some shadow if u have 30" however if you place Lps or soft coral to the side then it's ok


__________________
Anthony

I will trade my golf swing for your tyree frag.

Current Tank Info: 360g Acrylic from Advance Acrylic
ycnibrc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2017, 11:41 AM   #2511
Esage
Registered Member
 
Esage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeeye123 View Post
Hey guys, so Im setting up a 29g long. (30in across) and I was looking at the Kessils. Would I have better sucess with 2 of the Kessil 160 models or 1 of the A360WE? The A360WE has more power which is good because my tank is about 19in deep but the two 160s would prevent the 4-6in of shadows that I think i might get with one A360WE.
I run a 30" long tank with a single A360WE. There is no shadowing in the corners of the tank. The light is 9" above the water line and I get a some light spillage from the sides of the tank. I keep softies, LPS, and Nems. Now, I may regret going with a single 360 instead of 2 160's when the corals start to really grow in, but I like the simple look of just the one fixture hanging over the tank.


__________________
Deep Blue 34 Gallon Shallow /AquaMaxx ConeS CO-1 Skimmer/ 2 Kessil A350w /
Vortech MP10 / Sicce Syncra Silent 1.5 return pump /JBJ ATO / Eshopps RS-100 Sump /
Esage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2017, 07:17 PM   #2512
jiminy_crime
Registered Member
 
jiminy_crime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Bixby, OK
Posts: 927
I have stepped into acros recently and am wondering what % you all keep your 360s on over a mixed reef tank? I have mostly LPS but now have some months, Digis, and now my first acro. The corals I bought have been under 400watt 20k bulbs and I'm trying to emulate that spectrum.

Any thoughts?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
Frogspawn/Bubble Coral/Xenia/Green Star Polyps/Green Mushroom/Vietnam Ricordia/Tube anemone/Toadstool/Finger leather Coral/Six-line Wrasse

Current Tank Info: 36 bow/10 sump/PhosBan Reactor 150/Reef Octo 110-S/2 Kessil 360WE/Aqueon Pro 200/2-660 gph Aquatop PHs/2 Aquatop 256 gph
jiminy_crime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/14/2017, 08:25 PM   #2513
Scorpius
The Final Countdown
 
Scorpius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 1,191
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminy_crime View Post
I have stepped into acros recently and am wondering what % you all keep your 360s on over a mixed reef tank? I have mostly LPS but now have some months, Digis, and now my first acro. The corals I bought have been under 400watt 20k bulbs and I'm trying to emulate that spectrum.

Any thoughts?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I run a mixed reef heavy with Acros. I like to run no more than 60% intensity and no more than 50% color, but this is my setup and your usage may vary. Start on the low end and work your way up. A par meter would be best instead of guessing.


__________________
Current Tank 65gal DSA rimless. Vortech MP-10 x2 Vectra M1. Kessil A360we x3. BRS 2 part modified Balling Lite Method. LPS/SPS mixed reef. Will do ______ for Acropora.
NWIMAC.org
Scorpius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2017, 12:02 AM   #2514
cboberg
Registered Member
 
cboberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Coarsegold CA
Posts: 80
Hey guys I recently became part of the Kessil club on a new build I just started. I was a serious hobbyist about 7 years ago and got the itch th get back in it. I set up a 90 gallon tall with two Kessil 360 we lights. Got a question in regards to a controller. I was going to go with a simple Neptune classic as I'm used to them and I don't have wifi at the house other than my cell phone... will that controler work with the lights or do I need to get one of kessils controllers in addition to the Neptune? I want to set up basic lighting programs and adjust the intensity. Not just a simple lights on lights off... Thanks!


cboberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2017, 09:16 AM   #2515
LobsterOfJustice
Recovering Detritophobe
 
LobsterOfJustice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Cary, NC
Posts: 7,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboberg View Post
Hey guys I recently became part of the Kessil club on a new build I just started. I was a serious hobbyist about 7 years ago and got the itch th get back in it. I set up a 90 gallon tall with two Kessil 360 we lights. Got a question in regards to a controller. I was going to go with a simple Neptune classic as I'm used to them and I don't have wifi at the house other than my cell phone... will that controler work with the lights or do I need to get one of kessils controllers in addition to the Neptune? I want to set up basic lighting programs and adjust the intensity. Not just a simple lights on lights off... Thanks!


An apex classic can control the kessils through the included varspd ports. If you get an apex lite or Jr, you need the VDM module.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

I remember when zoanthids were called things like "green" and "orange" and not "reverse gorilla nipple."

Current Tank Info: 180g reef with all the bells and whistles
LobsterOfJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2017, 03:41 PM   #2516
cboberg
Registered Member
 
cboberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Coarsegold CA
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by LobsterOfJustice View Post
An apex classic can control the kessils through the included varspd ports. If you get an apex lite or Jr, you need the VDM module.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the heads up


cboberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/15/2017, 09:44 PM   #2517
sixpackgarage
reef mechanic
 
sixpackgarage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboberg View Post
Thanks for the heads up


I'd just go with the apex gold. It has VDM built in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
my build:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2512689
my fuge thread:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2523500

Current Tank Info: DSA NEO 65G reef powered by Kessil
sixpackgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2017, 08:16 PM   #2518
cboberg
Registered Member
 
cboberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Coarsegold CA
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpackgarage View Post
I'd just go with the apex gold. It has VDM built in.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My question is will it control the intensity and color spectrum or will I still have to buy kessils controller for that? I understand it will run the lights on a timer or calander... anybody know?


cboberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/16/2017, 09:54 PM   #2519
vhuang168
Registered Member
 
vhuang168's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,795
You need the vdm cable to connect to the Apex. With that you can control intensity and color. You can set a schedule just like with the spectral controller.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
Vincent

40g custom AIO --> DSA190Pro
vhuang168 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/17/2017, 10:51 PM   #2520
cboberg
Registered Member
 
cboberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Coarsegold CA
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhuang168 View Post
You need the vdm cable to connect to the Apex. With that you can control intensity and color. You can set a schedule just like with the spectral controller.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok that's what I wanted to know thanks


cboberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/2017, 12:19 AM   #2521
sixpackgarage
reef mechanic
 
sixpackgarage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 792
Quote:
Originally Posted by cboberg View Post
My question is will it control the intensity and color spectrum or will I still have to buy kessils controller for that? I understand it will run the lights on a timer or calander... anybody know?


Yep just get the cable and you're ready to go


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


__________________
my build:
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2512689
my fuge thread:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2523500

Current Tank Info: DSA NEO 65G reef powered by Kessil
sixpackgarage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/18/2017, 08:42 PM   #2522
cboberg
Registered Member
 
cboberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Coarsegold CA
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpackgarage View Post
Yep just get the cable and you're ready to go


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!


cboberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:28 PM.


TapaTalk Enabled

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Powered by Searchlight © 2017 Axivo Inc.
Use of this web site is subject to the terms and conditions described in the user agreement.
Reef CentralTM Reef Central, LLC. Copyright 1999-2014