Reef Central Online Community
Premium Aquatics

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Coral Forums > SPS Keepers
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/15/2017, 08:54 PM   #126
codydemmel4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stolireef View Post
That's really cool. What color(s) work best?
it really all depends on your light, how much blue you have etc but when i have all my lights on t5s and the reefbrites the very light orange ones work the best

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2618245
codydemmel4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2017, 12:45 PM   #127
codydemmel4
Registered Member

still really seeing the signs of the alk burn more and more everyday, this definitely is the worst thing that has happened in my reefing experience.

I honestly thought about just shutting it down and going flowr for awhile but I decided to stick it out. Since I have not had the success since moving the tank, I just order a triton test to make sure it was just the alk swing and not something else in the water.

I also ordered some cost effective frags since I have had everything stable for 2 weeks now to confirm it is the alk swing that caused everything and not the water. There are only about 5 of my 70 corals that were not effected by this alk swing and seem to be doing great and showing great PE at night.

Everything else is still declining slowly but I am hoping soon it will stop. I cut a lot of the burnt tips off the sps and hoping that will slow the decline.

Just sent my water off to triton, so I am hoping to get it back sometime next week.

Old 03/23/2017, 05:31 PM   #128
reefmutt
Registered Member

Gotta wait it out. The corals will either recover or not.. it can take months in my experience..
It's not fun, I know..
Test frags are a good idea. If they don't do well, maybe check the whole system for other potential irritants like bad magnets or impellers etc..

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g display 60g of sumps. 3 tank/100 gal frag system. 4x AI prime. 6x t5. 3x 150w mh. 3x maxspect gyre. 2 tunze 6095 Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca. reactor.
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/23/2017, 09:12 PM   #129
codydemmel4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Gotta wait it out. The corals will either recover or not.. it can take months in my experience..
It's not fun, I know..
Test frags are a good idea. If they don't do well, maybe check the whole system for other potential irritants like bad magnets or impellers etc..
yup exactly what I am doing, plus I am hoping I can at least focus my eyes on some good points when the rest if doing horrible.

I have a feeling that I am going to lose 80-90% of the corals, and the ones that survive I may keep 50% of them. This is so much worse then anything I thought I would experience. Damn. All I can do is just tell myself is this is just a hobby and its for fun, but its hard because right now it is anything but fun hahaha