Reef Central Online Community

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquatronica
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/28/2017, 09:05 PM   #1
Rogger Castells
Registered Member

Need help programming an ato function

I would like to alternate the ato between straight ro water during the day and kalkwasser at night, I have two pumps in the ato container and two open outlets in my aquatronica, currently the level switch turns one of this pumps on and off but I would like that function to only happen during the night and another pump during the day both activated from the same level sensor, how can I do this?

Rogger Castells is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2017, 01:51 PM   #2
steve.saunders
Registered Member

I am not sure you can do exactly what you want as The level sensor has priority of the timer function. But my thoughts are

For dosing kalc I would set the hours of operation over night and use the level sensor to stop the dosing pump.

The difficulty comes with the ato during the day. Normally you would set the level sensor to switch on the ato pump and switch off when the required level is reached. The timer will not work as it has a lower priority than the level sensor. You could try a timer plug in the aquatronica plug.

I need to try this for my CO2 solenoid so it is switched off during the night but have not had chance to try it.

Let me know if it works.

Steve

steve.saunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/11/2017, 03:34 PM   #3
Rogger Castells
Registered Member

Thank you Steve, I tried that and it doesn't work during the day, the only thing I can think of is to install a three way actuated valve and work the channel 1 and 2 day/night independently from the ato

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08/12/2017, 02:30 AM   #4
steve.saunders
Registered Member

Sorry I was talking about utilising two outlets on your aquatronica one for the water top up and the other for the kalk.

steve.saunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/12/2017, 07:18 AM   #5
Rogger Castells
Registered Member

Need help programming an ato function

Yes me too, ideally I would've like to resolve this in that way as already have two separate pumps for that purpose, I just haven't figure how to program this correctly so that each pump works indecently from each other and only at specifics segment of time a day controlled by the same level sensor.

Old 08/30/2017, 10:30 AM   #6
FLSharkvictim
Registered Member

I have my Avast Kalk Reactor set up and integrated into my Apex controller. I have my KALK reactor hooked up to a BRS Peri pump and a float switch. Also, I have a TUNZE ATO 3155. I have it set up that it pumps water from ATO container to the kalk reactor into my sump as soon as my float switch opens up due to the evaporation the kalk reactor kicks on and offf and I can keep my PH anywhere from 8.2 to 7.9..

FLSharkvictim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/30/2017, 10:47 AM   #7
Rogger Castells
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLSharkvictim View Post
I have my Avast Kalk Reactor set up and integrated into my Apex controller. I have my KALK reactor hooked up to a BRS Peri pump and a float switch. Also, I have a TUNZE ATO 3155. I have it set up that it pumps water from ATO container to the kalk reactor into my sump as soon as my float switch opens up due to the evaporation the kalk reactor kicks on and offf and I can keep my PH anywhere from 8.2 to 7.9..

Thanks for your input, my set up is similar to what you describe, my hope for this thread is to figure out a way using the aquatronica controller to by pass the kalk reactor if necessary base on the tanks ph and or time of the day.