Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/11/2020, 08:23 PM   #301
Scrubber_steve
I'm really very likeable

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyk148 View Post
With everything that I have learned during this build my next home purchase and subsequent tank build will be concrete to ease any worries.
I made a good suggestion then, back in post 231
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh...&postcount=231

Sorry to hear about your home.

Scrubber_steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2020, 04:38 PM   #302
clekchau
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyk148 View Post
A hornets nest had built up in the exhaust tube which stopped the flap from opening and closing. I hope none of you have to go through losing everything you’ve ever worked for and experience a bunch of *******s try and talk down to you over it. This is my last post on this forum. Feel free to cry Over not receiving the closure you keyboard warriors so desperately need. Peace

Sorry to hear about the fire, you had insurance to assist in the rebuild right? Same thing happened to me, we lost everything including all of our animals. This was 6 years ago. We have rebuilt since and have gotten back on our feet including a 1200 gallon fowlr. We will never forget but don’t lose hope.

https://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/f...melted.554225/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unread 04/26/2020, 06:19 PM   #303
krazyk148
Registered Member

Thank you for the kind words. Nice home! I like how you built the tank before the walls haha

Luckily the insurance company helped out alot and I was able to purchase a new home. Im more a victorian fan myself. Im currently preparing to have an inground pool installed so my funds will probably be diminshed for a bit ha

In a year or two I plan on finishing the basement and will come up with some design for a tank. It will definitely be poured concrete with rebar reinforcement. Probably with just a single viewing window. The less complicated the better. I dont want to make the same stressful mistakes twice. The old tank may have held water but i never really got a good nights sleep because of it being wood. The fire was awful but I'm just happy no one was hurt and i get a second chance

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (80.8 KB, 43 views)
krazyk148 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/26/2020, 07:32 PM   #304
dt204
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyvr View Post
Pics or it didnt happen...
#

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

dt204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/01/2020, 10:48 PM   #305
dt204
Registered Member

2016 - empty
2018 - empty
2019 - empty

The ode to bioshock is awesome. That Big Daddy looks cool in there, it really does look 3D. I appreciate all the time you put into building the tank, and the documentation of the build.

Sorry about the house fire. Glad everyone was ok.

Great build, but an aquarium it was not

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

dt204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/12/2020, 07:30 PM   #306
MK3_LUV
Registered Member

Sorry to hear about the fire OP. Again, glad to hear that everyone was okay, and its great to hear you have a positive mindset on getting a fresh restart. Keeping a PMA is critical, keep it up my friend

MK3_LUV is offline   Reply With Quote