Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/13/2016, 11:11 PM   #1
alex2612
Registered Member

Exclamation bubbles out of drain custom sump

Hi, I have a 120 Gallon tank and 31 gallon custom built sump. my drain is setup with a surface skimmer to a 1 in bulk head. with a "Dorso" end cap has three holes with some airline tubing coming out. Then goes down to the sump, about 3 foot drop then two 90s. I tried adding a reverse dorso to is and it made it a lot more quite, but I still have a bunch of bubbles forming up around that section. it starts looking like the foam in a protein skimmer. the pump I have is a Jebao DCT-4000. I have it set somewhere between 500-800 GPH. no bubbles come out of my return into my display. also note, on my reverse Dorso, the "air pipe" is about two feet high, and the bottom is about 1 inch in the water. need some help figuring this out. I tried strait pluming, one Dorso, Dorso and reverse dorso, tried all the way at the bottom, out of the water. in the middle. Cant figure it out. even with 200 GPH I still get a little bit of air coming out the drain. Please help.

alex2612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/13/2016, 11:22 PM   #2
alex2612
Registered Member

these are my pics from the back and the sump and the bubbles Im talking about. Thanks again.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0144.jpg (40.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0145.jpg (30.8 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0146.jpg (36.0 KB, 8 views)
alex2612 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air bubbles, custom, dorso, problem, sump