Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/15/2016, 01:08 AM   #1
hitawaah
Registered Member

need big quality refugium, good manufacturer

I was looking into getting a different/bigger refugium than the two I already own(ADHI 60,Trigger 39) I was wanting one about 60"long with a big fuge section a skimmer section and maybe a built in ATO reservoir. I'm putting together a 300 gallon reef tank I want to grow SPS coral and some fish. I believe premium aquatics had one called the ferrari...? can anyone point me in the right direction to some good quality made refugium manufacturers? I'd like to at least look at a few before I drop abuut a thousand dollars on one. Thanks for any help.

hitawaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2016, 05:56 AM   #2
CrayolaViolence
Registered Member

You could always build one whatever size you need by inserting baffles into the tank of your choice.

CrayolaViolence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2016, 06:52 AM   #3
billdogg
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrayolaViolence View Post
You could always build one whatever size you need by inserting baffles into the tank of your choice.
What he said. Either buy a new tank or better yet, pick one up used on CL, have a few pieces of glass cut to size, a tube or two of silicone, and you can have it just how you want it, and all for a fraction of the cost of a premade sump/fuge.

Seems like a no-brainer to me

Current Tank Info: 120 mixed reef with 40b sump, RO 150 skimmer, AI Sol Blue x 2, and a 60g Frag Tank with 100g rubbermaid sump. 2 x Kessil A360w lights, BM curve 5 skimmer
billdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/15/2016, 07:13 AM   #4
toothybugs
In Memoriam

Anything stopping you from doing a detached display fuge?

toothybugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2016, 12:17 AM   #5
hitawaah
Registered Member

One of the issues if I went the aquarium route is that I would like to get a 75 gallon long(72X18X13) or 100 long same dims only 18" high, either way I have looked and the 75 long is an extremely rare tank. New it's almost $400. So I will keep looking but I'm getting closer to having everything prepped (flooring)and all the equipment bought. My initial plan of using both my sumps connected to each other with three bulkheads just wasn't going to leave any room in the stand for equipment. Yes Nate I have thought about setting up a display fuge, Reefman Ron has one and it looks great. I just don't think for my situation that's an option that I can do right now. I agree with you guys that making your sump/fuge is the way to go for price and some options. I was just wanting some manufacturers names so I can explore every avenue and see what's out there . Google search brings up mainly the ones I already own or know about, nothing special. I know of Royal and premium aquatics, was hoping some people could give me some othér sites that have great fuges. Thanks for the input.

hitawaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2016, 03:06 AM   #6
Ron Reefman
Registered Member

I have an 8'x2'x18" acrylic tank that is currently divided into 4 sections that was under my old 180g system. I'm not using it anymore if you might be interested PM me.

I used it with refugium at the left end, then a DSB, then the return pump section and finally the skimmer section. The first 2 are about 40 to 45g each and the last 2 are 45 to 50g each. The whole system is 180g.

I'd be willing to let it go pretty cheap since I'm not using it anymore. It could be cut down shorter fairly easily. And you don't live THAT far from me.

Tags
refugium, sump