Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/28/2016, 04:02 PM   #1
pacificdiver
Registered Member

Is this pump too big?

I'm moving my sump to the basement with a 16ft head pressure, with plumbing accounted for. The total system volume is about 130g mixed reef. I was thinking the Pan World 200PS / 1750GPH would more than do the job at 16ft. Does this sound reasonable to the experienced "pressure" pumpers out there?

I'd like to get about an 8x turnover, but I can't find any flow curves for PW pumps so I'm guessing about what the curve might look like. With a 39ft max head pressure, I'm guessing this thing could push at least 800g up hill at that height.

Any advice on the suitability of this pump for my system would be greatly appreciated. If I"d be better off going smaller or larger, I'd love to hear it before I sink the $$.

Thank you!

pacificdiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/28/2016, 05:46 PM   #2
jkapit
Registered Member

USe the head loss calculator from the home page on reef central, just use the equivalent Iwaki pump and you should get E number that is very accurate.

jkapit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
basement, iwaki, pan world, pump head pressure, sump