Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/28/2007, 09:53 PM   #226
jmarti705
Registered Member

very nice!

jmarti705 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2008, 09:09 AM   #227
Lacy
Ex FMAS bod member

HELP - need to decide soon

I am trying to decide if I want to drive (10 hours) or fly to Macna 2008. The reason I am still undecided is because I am not sure if I will buy much stuff. Are there lots of corals and inverts for sale? How are the prices at the show? Should I just buy locally? We have some good lfs here.
What about keeping the corals till I leave? Will they keep them till the end of the show or do I have to keep them as soon as I buy them? as you can till, this is my first show.
Thanks

Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2008, 11:48 AM   #228
melev
Moved On

Well, you posted in the wrong thread since this is a thread about last year's event, but if you look at all the pictures we posted, I think you'll see there is a ton of stuff you can buy, assuming you have plenty of money.

The prices vary. Some things are very affordable, other things are pricey (Coral Du Jour, latest new equipment, name-brand stuff). Driving 20 hours total sounds like a beating to me. For me, it would be 24 hours, so I'm flying.

You'll have a fantastic time even if you don't buy a thing. For the past couple of years, I've just bought some drygoods I needed since there is no issue putting that stuff in my luggage.

Some hobbyists bring a nano that they plug in in their room. Most vendors will sell you the coral (or fish) and mark it sold (on paper). Corals are moved to the back of the tank so you can pick it up on Sunday afternoon.

Don't be shy. Say hi to people and get involved in discussions happening around you. And be sure to post your experiences on RC afterwards so others will know what you thought.

melev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/04/2008, 07:42 AM   #229
drauka99
Registered Member

Bump for all the people on the fence about coming this year

"I sometimes enjoy watching shadow puppet shows" - jpfelix

"Bacon is Love." - Fat Man

Current Tank Info: 240 Algae Farm System Running
drauka99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/09/2008, 07:42 AM   #230
Lacy
Ex FMAS bod member

melev,
I posted it here since I was hoping to get answers about what they did at the last show, such as selling corals and if they would hold them. Thanks for the info.

Current Tank Info: 180 gal mixed reef
Lacy is offline   Reply With Quote