Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/09/2017, 04:08 PM   #1
Newreefer125
Registered Member

Trying to not lose my CUC

Hello. My parents hired someone to remove what they think is bubble algea but I know it is not because it is not attached to the rock and actually has air in the small clear bubble. It is covering the whole tank so the man we hired replaced all the LR and cleaned everything. Now he is telling me to get rid of my hermit crabs that have it growing on their shells. I have them in a 20 gallon tank because I didn't want to get rid of them. Is it safe for me to put them back into the tank? Or should I keep the lights off in the 20 g for a week or so? Thanks for any help.

Btw. The tank is mine my parents just thought they were helping so I can decide what to do with the CUC.

Newreefer125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/09/2017, 04:21 PM   #2
Mishri
Registered Member

why'd he remove the rock if it wasn't attached to the rock? bubble algae comes in different forms/colors..and it's a pest. it's really bad if it's also on your hermit crab shells. I would get rid of it. (You don't really need hermit crabs anyway)

Tags
125 g, bubble algea, reef tank