Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Arizona-Sierra Vista/Tucson Reef Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/09/2011, 11:24 AM   #76
forrestcook
Registered Member

Juston - when you're ready for corals let me know... I've got something to gift you and welcome you to the community!

My name is Forrest... creative user name, I know. I started out with freshwater planted tanks about 5 years ago and I've had the reef tank set up for about a year and a half now. My tank is a 40 breeder which is packed pretty full.

I'm looking to add a 28 gallon nano cube to the mix and make it a macro tank. I'm thinking a couple sea horses and pipe fish... maybe some cool gorogonians or something...

Unread 06/09/2011, 02:36 PM   #77
aquaph8
Love The Fish

Nice job Tucson, some really nice tanks. Thanks to all the new people for jumping in there and joining in. Whens the frag auction coming again?

Current Tank Info: Leemar 60x36x24, 8x80 T5/LED Sfiligoi GENESIS Alpha 300 skimmer
aquaph8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/2011, 02:01 AM   #78
Triple One
Registered Member

Talking Tucson's Responsible Reefers

I am psyched that this thread exists! And I think we need a local reef club! I'll spare you the list of possible names, for now...

So yeah... at least a +10 to aquaph8 for firing this one up. And kudos to all of the sexy shots you other reefers have posted (fishaholic and scubabum, you guys rock).

Hi, My Name Is Alex and I'm an Aquarium Addict... I've had numerous freshwater systems over the last 15 years or so, but I recently bought a house and inherited a 3-year-old 105G that was badly in need of some TLC. I have since designed and built a super-spiffy sump out of a 40G breeder tank I found on craigslist for $30. The new sump has basically turned the tank around, and if somebody out there has some excess Chaeto, Ochtodes, or Dictyota that they want to trade, I'm hoping to get a nice little macroalgae farm going in my newly expanded refugium. Also, I am planning on building a simple phytoplankton culture system, and will happily pay it forward to future moochy noobs if anyone can help me out with a starter culture...

My reef tank's lights are off now so I'll have to leave this post a cliffhanger as far as a picture goes, but I'll get one put up here soon...

I think it would be cool to use this thread to start a group. I know there are a few clubs around that meet physically (like the Desert Aquarist Society for example) and that's all well and good, but Reef Central is more specifically geared towards reefers and salt wallowers (plus it's free...), so let's take full advantage of it and do more than one frag swap per year!

And seriously, anybody got any spare phytoplankton or macroalgae? Let's party!

Current Tank Info: Hello My Name Is Wild Widescreen Wonderland: 125G mixed reef w/ 45G fuge and 40G DIY sump. Coddling is Ill-Advised.
Triple One is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/2011, 01:03 PM   #79
brettinteriors
Registered Member

My name is Josh. I have owned a salwater tank for about 4 years. Current tank is a 140 gallon half round mixed reef with diy sump and is about six months running although the rock and sand are from mature systems. I really enjoy the hobby and always consider it a work in progress.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1317754778697.jpg (72.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1317754858152.jpg (78.6 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1317754917807.jpg (76.0 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1317754951784.jpg (23.1 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1317754984419.jpg (75.5 KB, 21 views)

140 gallon half round mixed reef, 28 gallon Cardiff.

Last edited by brettinteriors; 10/04/2011 at 01:46 PM.
brettinteriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/2011, 01:29 PM   #80
fishaholic911
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple One View Post
I am psyched that this thread exists! And I think we need a local reef club! I'll spare you the list of possible names, for now...

So yeah... at least a +10 to aquaph8 for firing this one up. And kudos to all of the sexy shots you other reefers have posted (fishaholic and scubabum, you guys rock).

Hi, My Name Is Alex and I'm an Aquarium Addict... I've had numerous freshwater systems over the last 15 years or so, but I recently bought a house and inherited a 3-year-old 105G that was badly in need of some TLC. I have since designed and built a super-spiffy sump out of a 40G breeder tank I found on craigslist for $30. The new sump has basically turned the tank around, and if somebody out there has some excess Chaeto, Ochtodes, or Dictyota that they want to trade, I'm hoping to get a nice little macroalgae farm going in my newly expanded refugium. Also, I am planning on building a simple phytoplankton culture system, and will happily pay it forward to future moochy noobs if anyone can help me out with a starter culture...

My reef tank's lights are off now so I'll have to leave this post a cliffhanger as far as a picture goes, but I'll get one put up here soon...

I think it would be cool to use this thread to start a group. I know there are a few clubs around that meet physically (like the Desert Aquarist Society for example) and that's all well and good, but Reef Central is more specifically geared towards reefers and salt wallowers (plus it's free...), so let's take full advantage of it and do more than one frag swap per year!

Welcome and thanks for the PROPS

Current Tank Info: 80 gallon, vertex 150 skimmer, 2 mars aqua 165 watt leds and 2MP40WQD
fishaholic911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/04/2011, 04:56 PM   #81
aquaph8
Love The Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettinteriors View Post
My name is Josh. I have owned a salwater tank for about 4 years. Current tank is a 140 gallon half round mixed reef with diy sump and is about six months running although the rock and sand are from mature systems. I really enjoy the hobby and always consider it a work in progress.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Looking good Josh, thanks for sharing.

Current Tank Info: Leemar 60x36x24, 8x80 T5/LED Sfiligoi GENESIS Alpha 300 skimmer
Unread 10/04/2011, 05:05 PM   #82
aquaph8
Love The Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple One View Post

To Reef Central Alex

Cant wait to see some pics man. I'd be all for the club thing if I thought there was enough interest.(maybe start a thread about it) Thanks for taking the time to say Hi and share.

Unread 10/04/2011, 05:59 PM   #83
Triple One
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishaholic911 View Post
Welcome and thanks for the PROPS
hehheh anytime fellow fishaholic... let me know if your tank ever over-grows and you need to frag stuff! i'll bring beer...

as promised, here are some shots of my tank...

This is Happy's Hill:
Happy Hill

These are some of the players that hang out in Happy's Hood:

The Grape of Wrath
Purps

Pootie
PootieTang

Tootie (getting a peppermint shrimp shave)
TootieTang

as-yet un-named: the female Melanurus
Melanurus

The Display:
DT sunlight

The 'Fuge...
Refugium090311

Finally, a full frontal :
Full Frontal

Current Tank Info: Hello My Name Is Wild Widescreen Wonderland: 125G mixed reef w/ 45G fuge and 40G DIY sump. Coddling is Ill-Advised.
Unread 10/04/2011, 07:43 PM   #84
Triple One
Registered Member

I've been trying to get a good shot of my Synchiropus ocellatus for months... I guess tonight he felt like posing! Meet the Teeny Little Samurai:
Teeny Sam

Unread 10/04/2011, 08:38 PM   #85
aquaph8
Love The Fish

Here's an update of mine.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Unread 10/04/2011, 11:53 PM   #86
sillygoose
Registered Member

Hi Alex - welcome to the neighborhood. Thanks for the pics.

Brett - I love the coral bommies.

sillygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2011, 10:32 PM   #87
Newsalth2o
Registered Member

Hello

Hi I'm James. Been in the hobby of saltwater reefing for about 6 months now. Had several freshwater tanks since age 5. This is my first venture in fish in 15 years and first saltwater. Currently running a 50g DT with a 20gal sump, skimmer, GFO, and a hang on filter. The help of this forum and others like it have made this a very pleasureable experience. Next build to start in December is a 180 reef with 55 sump and 20fuge. I'm an electrician by trade. Here are a few pics of the set-up.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1tank10-11.jpg (104.8 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg center10-11.jpg (87.1 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg sump.jpg (78.3 KB, 31 views)
Newsalth2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2011, 11:35 PM   #88
aquaph8
Love The Fish

Looking good James, Glad to see another construction guy around.

Unread 10/06/2011, 01:56 AM   #89
itsmateo
Registered Member.

Hello All

I thought I posted on this thread when it first started, but it must have been a dream, Well Im Matt, or Mateo, and I'm sure I will eventually meet all of you in person, I have a 45Gallon Cube (22x22x22) mixed reef, and a yet to be calculated custom sump. I have been in the hobby for 5 years or so now....

itsmateo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/07/2011, 05:04 PM   #90
Triple One
Registered Member

people in person

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmateo View Post
I thought I posted on this thread when it first started, but it must have been a dream, Well Im Matt, or Mateo, and I'm sure I will eventually meet all of you in person, I have a 45Gallon Cube (22x22x22) mixed reef, and a yet to be calculated custom sump. I have been in the hobby for 5 years or so now....
Hey Mateo!

I am pretty sure I have met you in person... I'm in SEA all the time and it was actually YOU who told me about this thread when I was complaining about the lack of reefer clubs in Tucson, so +1 for you... Your tank looks awesome! How did you stick all that stuff to the back?
We should hang out sometime man. I'll be by the store later to marvel at all the new arrivals (and pick-up that filter sock, finally... Sorry for the delay Cuong!)

Alex

Unread 01/11/2012, 11:38 PM   #91
savageAJC
Registered Member

bump for all the new members =)

savageAJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2012, 01:19 PM   #92
havoc79
Registered Member

Ok my names Mitch i'm a project manager for an enviromental company I'm still a newbie to the saltwater reef/fish i've had the tanks for around two years now I think. I hope to get to meet you all i know a couple of you but have not yet met some in person heres a shot of my current DT not good at taking full tank shots and i really need to set my 200 up as some of you know i'm a slacker lol

under just super actinics VHO

under super actinics and two 400w 20k XM mh

under super actinics, two 400w 20k XM mh, and white actinic VHO

havoc79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2012, 09:26 PM   #93
brettinteriors
Registered Member

Welcome, I like the rockscape

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

140 gallon half round mixed reef, 28 gallon Cardiff.
brettinteriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2012, 11:10 PM   #94
fishaholic911
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by havoc79 View Post
Ok my names Mitch i'm a project manager for an enviromental company I'm still a newbie to the saltwater reef/fish i've had the tanks for around two years now I think. I hope to get to meet you all i know a couple of you but have not yet met some in person heres a shot of my current DT not good at taking full tank shots and i really need to set my 200 up as some of you know i'm a slacker lol

under just super actinics VHO

under super actinics and two 400w 20k XM mh

under super actinics, two 400w 20k XM mh, and white actinic VHO
Welcome and very nice tank

Current Tank Info: 80 gallon, vertex 150 skimmer, 2 mars aqua 165 watt leds and 2MP40WQD
fishaholic911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2012, 12:37 PM   #95
sillygoose
Registered Member

Welcome Mitch.

sillygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2012, 04:29 PM   #96
aquaph8
Love The Fish

Looks good Mitch. Lelani how's that upgrade coming?

Unread 04/29/2012, 10:25 AM   #97
havoc79
Registered Member

thx everyone

Unread 04/29/2012, 11:04 AM   #98
aquaph8
Love The Fish

Thanks for the sticky mods

Unread 04/29/2012, 07:09 PM   #99
havoc79
Registered Member

whats a sticky mod might be a dumb question but i don't know what it is

Unread 04/29/2012, 09:05 PM   #100
aquaph8
Love The Fish

I was thanking the moderators for making this thread a sticky(meaning its stuck at the top of the forum now.