Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/28/2019, 07:56 PM   #1
robertifly
Premium Member

New DC Water Pumps

Put a couple new pumps into my system the past week, for a return pump on my 90 gal reef tank is a Syncra SDC 9.0 pumps 2-2500 gph 95 watts max. is has different modes but I am just basically running it in constant fast mode, Italian made pump and of high quality. It has built in WiFi that gives you remote control and monitoring. The setup is a little bit tricky but then I'm no whiz at that sort of thing. Very nice and quiet running if pricey. The second pump I am using on my protein skimmer a Life Reef SVS3-30 in sump that was formerly run by a Mag 18. This pump is a Marine Aqua aquastation dc-12000 which for the money seems to be a real good value also extremely quiet, running at maximum it will push 10,000 L/H 6 ft head using 80 watts, according to the info on the box. For a made in China pump it really says quality from the cordage to the controller to pump and the fittings not so much for the red Jebao 10,000 pump that is still in the box. The Aquastation also sine wave control has 20 setting for the wave mode and 20 for the constant mode. Of the three pumps it is my pick for best value and quality, we'll see in a year if that holds true.

Current Tank Info: none
robertifly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2019, 08:08 PM   #2
moondoggy4
Registered Member

Thanks for the review, do you have a link for the Aquastation pump?

moondoggy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2019, 11:42 PM   #3
reelredfish
Registered Member

I have a wavline I have been using for a while now. I did switch to the Apex ready control last year. But have to say for a non name brand I have been very happy with it. Not sure if they still make them or not.

reelredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2019, 03:25 PM   #4
robertifly
Premium Member

https://www.amazon.com/aquastation

they have 4 models so far I'm loving the one I got for $120 it is doing a really good job on my skimmer, it really is quiet!

Unread 03/31/2019, 03:40 PM   #5
reelredfish
Registered Member

Link did not work but found it with a search. But this is not waveline. Is waveline even around?

reelredfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2019, 08:53 PM   #6
robertifly
Premium Member

I've had Waveline before but this is not, don't know if that is still available.

Unread 04/22/2019, 07:48 PM   #7
robertifly
Premium Member

Marine Aqua aquastation dc-12000

Just a update, the Marine Aqua aquastation dc-12000 would not restart after I shut it down for tank service last week. I mentioned as much on Amazon site in a review and the seller contacted me by text that same day he was on west coast,, he asked what was exactly the problem which I said was working perfectly until I shut it off then it didn't restart. He said they had experienced that with some controllers and asked for a address and he would send me a new one for free which would take 5 days to get to me. DHL tried to deliver today but no one was home so they will return tomorrow. I must say the seller response was great and tomorrow I should have the new control. It did give me a chance to try out the Jebao DCQ-10000 while I'm waiting, it runs ok and is quiet as well however I can tell it doesn't move as much water but not supposed to do what the 12000 does