Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/29/2017, 03:51 PM   #1
AnnaCassandra
Registered Member

LED lighting schedule

I just recently purchased a maxspect ethereal for my 90gal tank (the store only had one in stock but I do plan on getting a second one) and I'm wondering if anyone has some setting/scheduling tips.

We don't have any corals yet but we've transferred all of the livestock from the 30 gal tank we had before and the water parameters have been stable for ~2 weeks so we will likely start adding coral soon. I'm thinking mostly LPS.

What would you set as the max intensity? do you keep all channels the same, or vary them throughout the day? If I wanted to mimic sunrise/sunset is there a way to do that? Is anyone who has this lighting willing to share a screen shot of their settings?

AnnaCassandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/29/2017, 05:58 PM   #2
TroyHoot
Registered Member

I dont have any corals yet. Just starting to add fish. Im running the 3rd preset schedule. The bottom row of 4 pages are all presets. Im using 2 Ethereals on a 75g.

My plan is, if when I get corals they start to bleach or not open I will use that preset as a guide and just lower every setting 10 points or so.

TroyHoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/30/2017, 08:30 AM   #3
AnnaCassandra
Registered Member

You know, I saw the presets in the manual mode but I didn't see them there at the bottom for the photo-schedule until your message sent me looking for it. I was actually kind of grouchy that there wasn't preset modes LOL... schedule 3 starts a bit late in the day for me, I like to see the fish in the am and toss in a few pellets of food before I leave for work, so I'll start with schedule #4 for now and go from there.

AnnaCassandra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ethereal, led, lighting, maxspect, schedule