Reef Central Online Community
Marine Depot

Home Forum Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences View New Posts View Today's Posts

Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Reefkeeping ...an online magazine for marine aquarists Support our sponsors and mention Reef Central

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Old 07/22/2019, 06:43 PM   #276
748S911
Registered Member

Awesome pics, everyone is looking good and healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

748S911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08/01/2019, 01:04 PM   #277
nightOwl
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
Nice pictures.
Please add name to the corals and fishes if you can.
I would love to know the names of your corals.
OrionN - I will try to post the names of the corals. Problem is many of them had color shifts or were dying off at some point so when I fragged them I forgot what they were. Fish I can do for sure...lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Nice Henry, corals are really starting to take off.
Love the hammer/wrasse shot.
. Matt - Some are really starting to take off. The milli at the top is one of the fastest growers. My problem is I keep having color shifts so I don't know what is what...lol. It's back to the ole school coral identification for me. Pretty blue tipped coral....lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 748S911 View Post
Awesome pics, everyone is looking good and healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jesse - hope the frags are coming along in your tank. I am starting to see some growth from the ones you gave me last time you stopped by.

Its been a while since my last update but things are plugging along nicely. I am a little behind on updating as I was getting ready for vacation. I am finally back from Mexico and before I left I picked up a few new items. My top on my frag tank stopped working like a week before my trip and panic ensued. I have frequent power outages in my area so I brought a Ecotech Battery Backup before my vacation for some circulation. This thing is much bigger than I expected and its heavy. It seemed to have done its job while I was in Mexico as well. I was fighting some phosphate issues so I picked up the NoPox as well. I will start using in a few days once things get settled from vacation. I had both tanks on an auto timer for twice a day and the phosphates did not rise much more than they were before I left so I am pretty happy about that. My next update with be with the t5s I am adding for the center of the tank were the LEDs are not really reaching since they are not that high off the tank.

IMG_6887 by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Old 08/11/2019, 08:59 AM   #278
748S911
Registered Member

I had a dino bloom and struggling at the moment. The green slimer is gone, one of the acros on a plug is done now too, smh!

It was the 40 lbs of carib life rock I added. It said no cure time, but I dont know if that meant no cycle time? In any event im struggling to keep my animals alive....such a rookie move smh!!!!

Old 08/11/2019, 07:50 PM   #279
nightOwl
Premium Member

Quote:
I had a dino bloom and struggling at the moment. The green slimer is gone, one of the acros on a plug is done now too, smh!

It was the 40 lbs of carib life rock I added. It said no cure time, but I dont know if that meant no cycle time? In any event im struggling to keep my animals alive....such a rookie move smh!!!!
Jesse,
Sorry to hear about the issues man hopefully the tank will pull through. Don't throw them away. I have had ones that looked pretty bad and from only a few polyps come back. Move them to a non direct flow area and hopefully a few polyps will survive. Slow and steady wins the race...lol.

Old 08/11/2019, 08:08 PM   #280
nightOwl
Premium Member

Picked up some new frags in the last few weeks and waiting for them to settle in and color up a bit.

1. Acropora SPS
Acropora SPS by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

2. Acropora Millepora
Acropora Millepora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

3. Blue Tort Acropora
Blue Tort Acropora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

4. BC Rainbow in Spain Acopora
BC Rainbow in Spain Acopora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

5. Acopora SPS
Acopora SPS by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

6. ASD Rainbow Millepora Acropora
ASD Rainbow Millepora Acropora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

7. Walt Disney Acropora
Walt Disney Acropora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

8. Acropora Millepora
Acropora Millepora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

9. Blue Tenius Acropora
Blue Tenius Acropora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

10. RC Poison Ivy Acopora
RC Poison Ivy Acopora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Old 08/11/2019, 08:29 PM   #281
nightOwl
Premium Member

1. BC Blueberry Fields Acropora
BC Blueberry Fields Acropora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

2. WWC Yellow Tips Austera Acropora
WWC Yellow Tips Austera Acropora by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

3. Acopora SPS
Acopora SPS by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

I also added a new fish to to QT on 08/02/2019...another addition to the wrasse collection. The wife has named him Orion. He came in around 2.5 inches but has been eating very well. He is eating everything I have put in the tank so that is a good sign.

Golden Rhomboidalis Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis)
Golden Rhomboidalis Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus rhomboidalis) by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

My Flame Wrasse is really starting to color up and I was finally able to get a decent picture of him. It won't be long before I can get a better picture of him. He has started to to be very bold.

Flame Fairy Wrasse (Cirrhilabrus jordani) by LifeThrough_TheLense, on Flickr

Old 08/14/2019, 07:56 AM   #282
748S911
Registered Member

Wow! You’ve got some amazing acros...

I hope some pull through, fingers crossed.

Old 08/16/2019, 07:15 AM   #283
nightOwl
Premium Member

Quote:
Wow! You’ve got some amazing acros...

I hope some pull through, fingers crossed.
Jesse,
Thanks man. I think I am running out of places to put corals now...lol. I need more fish now. Hopefully your corals will bounce back. I have been in the same place as you. Make sure if you have not done so already you dose some amino acids.