Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/24/2018, 10:01 AM   #5151
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

I got my two hydra26hd’s from AI, got them setup and connected. Downloaded and then loaded the SPS AB+ Respiration. I have not mounted the lights yet, but with the smaller footprint I should be able to mount them around 14”AWL max.

Can’t wait!

Unread 04/24/2018, 12:46 PM   #5152
FaithKlim
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullBoreReefer View Post
I got my two hydra26hd’s from AI, got them setup and connected. Downloaded and then loaded the SPS AB+ Respiration. I have not mounted the lights yet, but with the smaller footprint I should be able to mount them around 14”AWL max.

Can’t wait!
I started mine at that height & have since moved them down closer to 10-11". I borrowed a par meter from LFS & that was my sweet spot...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

FaithKlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2018, 01:31 PM   #5153
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithKlim View Post
I started mine at that height & have since moved them down closer to 10-11". I borrowed a par meter from LFS & that was my sweet spot...

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Hopefully one night this week I can get them hung. Plus, I gotta get my old hydras sent back to them in a timely manner.

Unread 04/24/2018, 03:50 PM   #5154
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerga View Post
Hey Orcus Varuna

Followed this thread a lot , somewhere early on your refer to a AB+ Low Power setting profile , I could not find it in your onedrive .

I have a 90G 48 Inch Length and 24 Inch Height , Just completed my tank cycle and put in 2 Hydra 26 HDs into it . Would greatly appreciate your advice on what profile should i run on a fresh tank .

For your ref https://www.*********.com/threads/90...-method.368817

The low power ones have been renamed with t5ho due to some confusion months back between low and high power. The win t5ho settings are a direct 35% reduction in light output of the main settings. Enjoy and I can’t wait to see the tank!

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Akco_cmvvLNrgZdidaM1bosnUqv21g

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Orcus Varuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2018, 03:53 PM   #5155
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

AI Hydra Settings Thread

Quote:

Can’t wait!

Awesome I’m very excited to see the tank progress under the new lights. Lots of pictures please!

Unread 04/26/2018, 06:02 AM   #5156
mndfreeze
Invert Sexy Time!

I'm using a single Prime HD over a 24G aquapod. Using the Stuart Bertram settings (which are basically the Saxby ones) that they have on their website to download @ http://www.aquaillumination.com/signature/

So far very happy with it. I did kick my blue and purple up just a few percent each, 3% if my memory serves.

I love this light so far, but the interface could use some improvement. I needed to adjust the times on the entire profile and couldn't figure out how to do it in one fell swoop from the web interface. I only just now found out I can 2 finger pinch to move via the phone app in this thread. lol. I spent HOURS trying to find out how to do it, reading websites, looking through their support page, FAQ, etc.

mndfreeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2018, 06:37 AM   #5157
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcus Varuna View Post
Awesome I’m very excited to see the tank progress under the new lights. Lots of pictures please!

I got them hung last night after work. I was able to actually get them mounted at 14” AWL.

Do you think I should run any acclimation time? Or do you think I should be good since I already had leds? Number wise they are pretty close to the same settings I ran on my original hydras. I understand though these new ones have a little more punch.

Just looking for opinions about acclimation.

Thanks

Last edited by FullBoreReefer; 04/27/2018 at 08:48 AM.
FullBoreReefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/27/2018, 06:49 AM   #5158
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

AI Hydra Settings Thread

Quote:
I got them hung last night after work. I was able to actually get them mounted at 14” AWL.

Do you think I should run any acclimation time? Or do you think I should be good since I already had leds? Number wise they are pretty close to the same settings I ran on my original hydras. I under these new ones have a little more punch.

Just looking for opinions about acclimation.

Thanks

I would absolutely acclimate. If your using my AB+ full power I’d do 30% over 2 months. How do you like them so far?

Unread 04/27/2018, 08:45 AM   #5159
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Quote:
I would absolutely acclimate. If your using my AB+ full power I’d do 30% over 2 months. How do you like them so far?

I haven’t even seen them “on” yet! Haha

I got off the road last night about 10pm, so my “old” lights were an hour away from darkness. So I waited until 11pm and swapped them out. Today/night will be the first time I visually see them “on” the tank.

As for acclimation that’s actually what I originally set them for, 30% for 2mths. I will be using the “AB+Respiration” settings.

I’ll see if my fiancé has here cannon camera charged. I’ll try to get some pictures this evening of “Day 1”.

Unread 04/27/2018, 08:15 PM   #5160
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Tank specs are in my sig below. I started my rock in my old 180gal almost 10.5yrs ago, then about 8yrs ago i "downsized" to my current in wall tank. It was initially started as a fish only tank. After about 2yrs I removed all fish(predators) and went a different route; the community/reef type fish and i then added a few softies, nothing major, the normal rookie mistakes, gsp xenia etc. It did its thing for about a year and then I heard about and attended a local known frag swap. I bought about 15-20 frags to "restock" and really start a full reef tank. Now, fast for to today, all those frags have been going nuts the past 5yrs. Ive probably fragged and gave away more than my tank actually holds at one time haha.

About 3wks ago i fragged majority of my colonies. Here is a pic from 1month ago... https://i.imgur.com/4ET6v3F.jpg . I didnt even think to take more pics before i took down my old fixtures.

Disclaimer: I am no photographer! I took my fiances camera downstairs while she was in the shower, shhhh. Its a Cannon T6 something. I put it in "Close Up" mode, no flash, manual zoom, manual focus. I did absolutely no color changes in the camera or afterwards, straight from the sd card. Actually in person i see slightly more blue, with slightly better "pop"! Sweet!

In the past 8yrs with this tank, i went from t5 only, to MH plus t5, then to the original hydras(2) and now the hydra26hd's(2).

Pictures of "Day1" with new lights and after heavy fragging.

"AB+ w/respir." Changed the ramp on to 2hrs instead on 1hr. Also lowered the reds slightly.

Enjoy...

https://imgur.com/a/Kdni5DX

Last edited by FullBoreReefer; 04/27/2018 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Linked an older pic
Unread 04/27/2018, 08:41 PM   #5161
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
Tank specs are in my sig below. I started my rock in my old 180gal almost 10.5yrs ago, then about 8yrs ago i "downsized" to my current in wall tank. It was initially started as a fish only tank. After about 2yrs I removed all fish(predators) and went a different route; the community/reef type fish and i then added a few softies, nothing major, the normal rookie mistakes, gsp xenia etc. It did its thing for about a year and then I heard about and attended a local known frag swap. I bought about 15-20 frags to "restock" and really start a full reef tank. Now, fast for to today, all those frags have been going nuts the past 5yrs. Ive probably fragged and gave away more than my tank actually holds at one time haha.

About 3wks ago i fragged majority of my colonies. Here is a pic from 1month ago... https://i.imgur.com/4ET6v3F.jpg . I didnt even think to take more pics before i took down my old fixtures.

Disclaimer: I am no photographer! I took my fiances camera downstairs while she was in the shower, shhhh. Its a Cannon T6 something. I put it in "Close Up" mode, no flash, manual zoom, manual focus. I did absolutely no color changes in the camera or afterwards, straight from the sd card. Actually in person i see slightly more blue, with slightly better "pop"! Sweet!

In the past 8yrs with this tank, i went from t5 only, to MH plus t5, then to the original hydras(2) and now the hydra26hd's(2).

Pictures of "Day1" with new lights and after heavy fragging.

"AB+ w/respir." Changed the ramp on to 2hrs instead on 1hr. Also lowered the reds slightly.

Enjoy...

https://imgur.com/a/Kdni5DX

It really is nice to see such a grown out system. You have some stunning colonies in there.

Unread 04/28/2018, 06:50 AM   #5162
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Quote:
It really is nice to see such a grown out system. You have some stunning colonies in there.

Thanks for the kind words. Changing lights this far in really had me nervous! I’m excited as the tank looked great on “Day1”.

Unread 04/28/2018, 08:52 AM   #5163
Reeftub
Registered Member

AI Hydra Settings Thread

just wanted to be apart of the gang lol. Hydra 52s non HD 10” above the water 6 lights on my 190g which has been up for 4 yrs and all sps grown from from frags or very small 3”x3” colonies. Don’t have the money to upgrade to HD yet but would like to. Sorry for the bad pics

Reeftub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/28/2018, 10:45 AM   #5164
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Dang nice work!

It really is rewarding starting with frags and watching them turn into monster colonies.

Unread 04/28/2018, 02:26 PM   #5165
Reeftub
Registered Member

Quote:
Dang nice work!

It really is rewarding starting with frags and watching them turn into monster colonies.

Thanks man! It does feel real good and then after it’s done you can cut out some of the not so favorites and plant new to grow lol. You can grow colonies with Leds it just take time.

Reeftub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2018, 10:05 AM   #5166
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Quick question about the acclimation setting. Other than turn the switch “on” and setting the dates/times/intensity, how can I see what settings my lights are currently at? When I look into the app, it shows the “pre-acclimation” intensities as normal.

Does that even make sense?

What I circled in red is that my program settings or where the lights are currently?

Thanks

Side note: I realize when I took my screenshot it was “night time”, but I think you get my point...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg F4F69F08-6842-4D37-AE77-96F3442CDD6A.jpg (36.7 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by FullBoreReefer; 05/02/2018 at 10:15 AM.
Unread 05/02/2018, 02:02 PM   #5167
Trigger Tough
Registered Member

Quote:
Quick question about the acclimation setting. Other than turn the switch “on” and setting the dates/times/intensity, how can I see what settings my lights are currently at? When I look into the app, it shows the “pre-acclimation” intensities as normal.

Does that even make sense?

What I circled in red is that my program settings or where the lights are currently?

Thanks

Side note: I realize when I took my screenshot it was “night time”, but I think you get my point...
Set it for acclimation mode then close and reopen the app when the lights are on. When you look at the graph for the light intensify it should be reduced then

Once you toggle between the waypoints it will show you your max setting but the lights will still be dimmed in acclimation mode

Trigger Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2018, 02:13 PM   #5168
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger Tough View Post
Set it for acclimation mode then close and reopen the app when the lights are on. When you look at the graph for the light intensify it should be reduced then

Once you toggle between the waypoints it will show you your max setting but the lights will still be dimmed in acclimation mode
Thanks for the fast reply. I was just afraid of it not “acclimating”

Unread 05/02/2018, 03:10 PM   #5169
Trigger Tough
Registered Member

Quote:
You’ll see the different when you use the button for the acclimation. The lights will be visibly dimmer

Trigger Tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/02/2018, 03:52 PM   #5170
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:

Ya it’s not reflected in any graph or number but if you have acclimation on it does the reduction in the background

Unread 05/02/2018, 03:55 PM   #5171
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

AI Hydra Settings Thread

Pic from the work tank. Just added a nem and some maroons, I’ll remember to get a full tank shot tomorrow. Tank is nothing special, just doing an anemone, clowns, gsp, and Xenia. My goal is looks good to people who don’t know reef tanks and requires near zero maintenance lol

Unread 05/02/2018, 04:22 PM   #5172
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

I love it’s face, it’s like, “What are you lookin’ at?”

I agree for that tank. Things that people “like” or think look good is a great choice. Plenty of movement for show, but easy maintenance, I dig it

Unread 05/03/2018, 12:01 PM   #5173
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
I love it’s face, it’s like, “What are you lookin’ at?”

I agree for that tank. Things that people “like” or think look good is a great choice. Plenty of movement for show, but easy maintenance, I dig it

Ha

Here’s the fts

Unread 05/05/2018, 10:50 PM   #5174
FullBoreReefer
Registered Member

I knew I seen it somewhere. A few posts back I asked about seeing where I could see what percentage the lights where actually at. Well I found it for iOS. But, here’s the weird thing, it doesn’t show on my phone app but it does on my iPad.

Note: Pic 1 is my phone, shows at the top 5% (max lunar)
Pic 2 is my iPad, shows max 5% at the top but at the bottom it shows 2%
for where the lights actually are tonight for my lunar.

Why wouldn’t the phone app show this? Is there a screen that I haven’t found? Swipe a certain way?

Or are they actually “different apps” for a phone versus a tablet.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 45CF36FC-52E4-4D9A-B204-60AE757C7FC2.jpg (34.0 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 7C966138-CC29-49C5-8105-4224924268FA.jpg (37.9 KB, 66 views)
Unread 05/06/2018, 05:00 AM   #5175
Orcus Varuna
Registered Member

Quote:
I knew I seen it somewhere. A few posts back I asked about seeing where I could see what percentage the lights where actually at. Well I found it for iOS. But, here’s the weird thing, it doesn’t show on my phone app but it does on my iPad.

Note: Pic 1 is my phone, shows at the top 5% (max lunar)

Pic 2 is my iPad, shows max 5% at the top but at the bottom it shows 2%

for where the lights actually are tonight for my lunar.

Why wouldn’t the phone app show this? Is there a screen that I haven’t found? Swipe a certain way?

Or are they actually “different apps” for a phone versus a tablet.

They are the same app but due to screen area you apparently don’t see that percentage breakout. My guess is there is no way to access this on the phone shell.