Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/11/2016, 09:20 PM   #26
slavetonet
Registered Member

From what I can gather, the software communicate to the cloud server - then it sends it to the led units.
If your unit doesn't have connection to the internet, you can't adjust parameters of the light.
Try dropping out your internet and see for yourself, but leave your home network wifi connect to the phone and leds lights.

slavetonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/05/2017, 10:02 AM   #27
Ssteve
Registered Member

Any updates?

Ssteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/08/2017, 10:13 AM   #28
lancemac
Registered Member

Yes, we need some updates.

lancemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/21/2017, 02:03 AM   #29
yachtdr22
Registered Member

bump

Unread 09/20/2017, 02:33 PM   #30
GoGo98102
Registered Member

I just got my 4 Corona last night. I only set one up so far. I will set them up and take pictures in the next couple days.

First impression-
1. Coming from cheap LEDs, this light is heavy (crazy heatsink) and absolutely rugged built quality. I have a Radion, and a couple Hydra's. I can't comment on the light spectrum but this looks better than them in my opinion.
2. Connecting to WiFi/Fishbit was super easy. I plugged it in, fired up Fishbit, added Corona, it showed up in 3 seconds. It started updating firmware as soon as it was connected. In about 30 seconds, update was completed. I started running the Great Barrier Reef schedule with in a couple minutes.
3. I unplugged it for the night and put it up this morning over my tank. It was on my Fishbit as soon as it was plugged in. Still retained all settings.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GoGo98102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/24/2017, 12:10 AM   #31
Meshmez
Registered Member

Sorry, i took a bit of a hiatus from RC.

Update, as with any LED lighting, it takes some tweaking. Im actually running 3 of these over my 2' x 2' x 5' tank, and have them turned down pretty low (around 35% max blue and white and pretty flat for 7-8 hours with ramps on either end).
I'm getting decent color and growth from SPS, and my LPS at the bottom of the tank are looking really good for the most part, though i have to keep them toward the corners. I truly think my water parameters not being very great are hurting my sps performance. i was getting great color from SPS in my frag tank with one of the corona lights, until i went on vacation and lost almost everything in that tank. :-/

Im currently running them parallel to the tank, but might actually try turning them so they are perpendicular to the tank, because as with all LEDs, im seeing some pretty significant shading. hoping turning them perpendicular will give more side light from having the 2 pucks spread across the width instead of lengthwise down the middle.

The cloud based control seems to work fine. im still a little worried what happens if they stop supporting it though..

Meshmez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/17/2018, 08:31 PM   #32
abrigael
Registered Member

Hello..Meshmez.. please among hydra 26 vs corona which you prefer? I find lights for a tank of 24 x 24...tks

abrigael is offline   Reply With Quote