Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/23/2017, 06:28 PM   #1
kaxt
Registered Member

Can't program outlets on new EB8

I setup a calcium reactor today. In order to do so I added a new EB8 and a new pH probe to my Apex. I'm trying to program the outlet that the c02 solenoid is plugged into but I keep getting an error saying that it timed out waiting for the Apex to connect.

I have no idea if I'm getting the error because of the command using the new pH probe, or if it has to do with the new EB8, or if it's something entirely differnt. I'm using Fusion and I can turn the outlet on and off through my phone, I just can't program it. Any ideas?

kaxt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2017, 03:32 PM   #2
JustinFromAL
Registered Member

Try giving it a very basic program like:

Fallback OFF
Set OFF

and see if you're able to save it. Also, verify the firmware version is up to date.

JustinFromAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/25/2017, 09:28 PM   #3
slief
RC Sponsor

Are you programming through Fusion? If so, it could be an issue related to Fusion. I would try programming it from Apex.local through the native web interface. You can also use the IP address of the apex to access the native interface. Lastly, make sure the firmware is updated on the new EB8. Go to the modules page, and scroll down to the module list and make sure it doesn't say "old". You can also try updating the firmware on the EB8 by selecting that EB8 from the modules pull down list and then selecting update firmware and submitting the change. I would do this from the native Apex web interface and not Fusion if your initial issue is occurring from Fusion.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/27/2017, 07:32 PM   #4
kaxt
Registered Member

I tried the basic program that Justin suggested and it saved. But now when I try to save the programing for the CaRx it says it failed because it doesn't recognize the keyword pH2. I guess that's better than it just timing out because it narrows down my problem. The pH probe is working, and I can see the pH reading from both probes on the display screen and through Fusion, but it's not recognizing pH2 as a keyword in the command.

I have been trying to program through Fusion. That's the only way I know how to do it, but I'll look into how to do it from the Web interface. I'm guessing it isn't a Fusion problem though because the basic program Justin suggested worked.

I don't currently own a computer, so I'm not able to update the firmware. I'll have to cash in a favor from a friend and borrow a laptop to try that.

Unread 03/27/2017, 09:21 PM   #5
kurt_n
Registered Member

Is your pH probe named "pH2"? I'm guessing it isn't and that's the issue.

kurt_n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/28/2017, 12:04 PM   #6
kaxt
Registered Member

It says pH2 next to the graph I see in Fusion- so I assume that is the name of the probe?

Unread 03/29/2017, 06:10 AM   #7
kaxt
Registered Member

I found a solution. After way too much time on Google I found someone else who had had the same problem. I changed the name of the probe from pH2 to ph2- just made the h lower case- and I was able to program the outlet. Sounds like it's just some strange glitch.

Unread 03/29/2017, 07:48 AM   #8
kurt_n
Registered Member

Ahhh... that bug. Forgot about that. If you're not running recent firmware, you might want to think about updating. I believe one of the more recent updates fixed that.

kurt_n is offline   Reply With Quote