Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Military Reefers Group
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/13/2015, 01:35 PM   #1
Cubanpete
Registered Member

Shipping up to Boston

Go ahead, sing the song in your head...you know it's got a badarse rythym to it. The words are dumb, but still a good flow...

Anyway, I am a 20+ year Coastie now heading up to Boston. I am in FL and have to get rid of my 72 for the move. I will hopefully not be without a tank very long...here's the question...anyone know of any good 'house' reefers up there? Mass, RI, heck, even eastern CT? I've been known to drive an hour or two for corals...no shame...

Any help is appreciated!

Cubanpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/19/2015, 12:41 PM   #2
AirForceAquariu
Registered Member

I do! Right next to Hanscom AFB (where I am stationed) there is a great guy who has a Frag farm with great SPS, zoa's, and Paly's (some LPS). He sells healthy sized frags all for $5. He has a thread on the local forums coral for sale thread "$5 dollar frag blowout" (Boston Reefer Society). I am sure he could be convinced to part with some of the larger frags or colonies for a better prices.

I am sure there are others, but I am just getting in to coral (and really the hobby) so that's all I've got. BRS is a very active site though. Welcome to Boston!!

70 gal w/ 15 gal sump. 1 flame wrasse, 2 a. occelaris, 1 Bangaii Cardinal, 1 midas blenny, assorted CUC, 1 brittle star.

Current Tank Info: 70g 20g sump. 1 Flame Wrasse, 2 A. Occelaris, 1 Bangaii Cardinals, 1 Midas Blenny
AirForceAquariu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2015, 08:35 AM   #3
adw
Registered Member

Check out the Boston reefers club. Plenty of people selling trading stuff and lots of good advice. Monthly meetings that they move all over new england. Welcome to bean town.

Current Tank Info: 36x24x24 90 gal with 40B sump, 2x RADION XR30W, AC3, Tunze osmulator, Octopus XP-2000SSS Cone Skimmer, KORALLIN C-1501, MP40 and 2 Hydor PHs
adw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2015, 08:31 PM   #4
FinzAquatics
Registered Member

There is plenty of us in the boston area. Definitely give the Boston Reefers Society a check. Very active club. Loads of members. Active monthly meetings!

FinzAquatics is offline   Reply With Quote